Police hunt for Volvo driver for crushing pregnant woman to death

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I wonder if the bike had rear lights. It doesn't excuse the Volvo drivers subsequent cowardly  behaviour of course, but far too many bikes drive around in the dark with barely a light showing. 

Although... even though a Black Hole is invisible - you can still see where it is

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

Although... even though a Black Hole is invisible - you can still see where it is

It sure increases the odds that you will not see it.  I have had a few near things myself with unlit bikes.  Yes, you do see them, usually in the last few seconds and on unlit roads its madness to ride like that. It may not have been a factor here of course, we don't know.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

It sure increases the odds that you will not see it.  I have had a few near things myself with unlit bikes.  Yes, you do see them, usually in the last few seconds and on unlit roads its madness to ride like that. It may not have been a factor here of course, we don't know.  

Black Lights Matter 

16 hours ago, tifino said:

Although it can be done, the precise art of detecting no light where there should be light isn't a defined as a procedure for night driving in the Thai Highway Code. More so when the 'black hole' is doing 70 kph on a poorly lit, narrow city street with oncoming and merging traffic after dark.

20 hours ago, Pilotman said:

I wonder if the bike had rear lights. It doesn't excuse the Volvo drivers subsequent cowardly  behaviour of course, but far too many bikes drive around in the dark with barely a light showing. 

without helmets and all too often without licences and no knowledge of the so called rules of the road. No suprise about 15k of these idiot bike riders are killed every year.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, Orton Rd said:

Could have been the bike riders fault

Let me get this right,could have been the bike riders fault?

I do not understand,the bike rider somehow made sure the Volvo pos driver kept going?