Need help for British citizenship application

Hello there,

I am Thai nationality live in the UK since 2004 got ILR since 2011 also have bio metric card in 2017. I am applying for citizenship during lock-down and not yet it's open for appointment.

I apply online do it myself and after that I get very confuse after  talking too many people, all have difference idea and knowledge. I know  you guys are very clever people and I did have many good advised from here before. 

Here are my questions.

1. I am applying for citizenship.. Is this application is right?

2. Is the citizenship and passport is same thing? meaning same application? ( my understand is it's separated)

3. is the application for citizenship must have 2 referees and each of the referees must be British citizen? and must contain their photos in section referees and identities?

4. how many months of back statement they needs, ( I've prepare for 6 months)

5. prove of address, which I use council tax. is this right documents?

6.Financial. I use bank statement and tax's return from last 3 years. is that right?

7. Do one of the referees must be professional standing person ( solicitors ,doctor,,ect?) I use two of my friends but I will have my other friend who's solicitor will provide me cover letter and support letter am I do the right things?

Hope someone can help me and guide through this application. Please advise.

Supee

Question 2:

Citizenship and your British passport application are two different things. First of all you gain your citizenship. You attend the citizenship ceremony and receive your naturalisation certificate.

Once you have your certificate you can then apply for your passport. You can apply for your passport the same day you get your certificate if you want to.

You have to pay for your British passport, the same as all British citizens. You do not get a free passport included with the cost of your citizenship application.

Question 3:

Form AN section 5.1 states:

One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as 
a minister of religion, civil servant, or a member of a professional body such as an accountant or 
solicitor (who is not representing you with this application). The other referee must normally be the 
holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.
Both should declare that:
• they are not a relative, solicitor or agent of the applicant
• they are not employed by the Home Office
• they have not been convicted of an imprisonable offence 
• they have known the applicant personally for more than 3 years
• they are willing to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant
• they will advise the Home Office of any reason why the applicant should not be naturalised

The photograph in Section 5 should be your photograph, not the photograph of your referee. Write your name and date of birth on the back of the photograph and then glue it in the space provided.

Question 7:

One of your referees should be a professional person.

I am sure other members will be along to answer your other questions.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/893012/guide-an-06-20.pdf

Q4 / Q6They will be looking at your PAYE record or you have to provide your tax return (s), it would seem. 

Take it, you have not be out of the UK much recently?

It is a long time since I have had first hand knowledge of someone getting citizenship, it was a one to one swearing ceremony for that one!

I thought the bank statement thing was just Visa(s) and ILR orientated? (When I provided financial info as a sponsor some years ago, I gave them 6 months original payslips with 6 months original bank statement of the account to which the salary was paid into by my employer). 

• 3 weeks later...

during pandemic situation it's seem the appointment will take long time.any suggest where can I get quick way to get this sort it out. I'm dying get out of country to visit my homeland but worries that I'm going to missed out.

Archived