BANGKOK
webfact

Hua Hin: DSI investigate Brit using Thai nominee in alleged 240 million baht property crime

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Many foreigners are using nominees for the property ownership and transactions but but it's a long way between that and swindling abd cheating buyers, as far as this guy concern he's done and his goose is cooked in this country...

What is the process of using a Thai nominee, is it basically you your "trusted" Thai wife/friend/business partner buys the property using your cash in their own name?

Or is it a 51%/49% thing?

Or is it more complicated/secure for the falang than that?

Not here long just wondering how falangs attempt to go about buying land here.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In a land of everyone owning a gun apparently , what sort of fool would do that ? 

So nobody should invest in the USA too?

• Haha 1

Just goes to show you, you can't trust a Brit Expat!!! Or a Norwegian, or Australian, or American, or German...there are some notable scheme and ponzi schemes in Pattaya...especially by Norwegians. If you have lived there you know of whom I speak.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Buying 'off plan' scams can only bite you

if you are stupid enough to part with cash.

ONLY pay for imaginary property

with imaginary money 😆

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BestB said:

so if found guilty , he gets fined, nominee gets fined and customers get what?

Shafted... That is one of the problems here. The Police / DSI will do nothing for you. Use your own lawyer to sue the guy .... lots o luck.

Never invest in property they have not yet built! And no, you cannot even trust your own lawyer to check all the property papers are in order. (Amazing Trusted Thailand)

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Enoon said:

You might, I stress might, have got a like if you had said foreign crooks are as bad.

Unfortunately "something" got the better of you.

Never mind, you got a bunch of likes anyway.......and Buddha loves you.

I wish people convicted Thai-bashing post as much as i got anti remarks here. I guess you did not read post 18

2 hours ago, SymS said:

I may also be incompetence instead of malice.

But I am sure he made money from it....

regards worgeordie

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Patts said:

robblok, 

You make me laugh, you being the first person to take every opportunity you can to bash the UK, Brits and on rare occasions the US especially in their handling on the CCP virus. 

I agree the country of origin should be mentioned but lets face it, there's a lot of bad foreigners living in Thailand, be they from the UK, Russia, Australia or China, there was a story a couple of days ago about 224 Chinese nationals running illegal gambling in the Myanmar town Myawaddy, and just yesterday about 4 Chinese running a loan shark business worth 100m baht. 

I wish Thailand didn't accept bribes and gave every foreign criminal long jail terms and permanent bans from entering Thailand. 

I just try to balance it out a bit. Wish i could do more I use Brits as an example as most posters are Brits or from the US. The average topic on Thais get so many bad remarks. I just point it out when its an other nationality and then people react like stung by a bee. But they never seem to comment on the constant Thaibashing. 

• Like 2

If he scams involves Thais as victims, he's done.

If it's 'only' foreigners then he might land on his feet.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Seems Brit crooks are as bad as Thai crooks.

Sure, the Brits make bland food, all that oily fried fish and chips.. and the Thai, too much sugar and oil and msg in everything... 

OHHH not cooks - never mind. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I guess ignorant greed is the motivator..

Isn't always , Doesn't matter the country it happens everywhere

4 hours ago, OnTheRun said:

If it's the same guy I'm thinking it is he was exposed a long time ago on Drummonds site. He did finish 1 or 2 developments but as you say left many more unfinished including taking a friend of mine, amongst many others, for close to 5 million Baht. The person I'm thinking of has 'history' going back at least 15 years, how he's survived so long is anyones guess.

The said same guy (AM) has tens of lawsuits against him going back years

If it is him it's interesting that the DSI are now involved

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Sure, the Brits make bland food, all that oily fried fish and chips.. and the Thai, too much sugar and oil and msg in everything... 

OHHH not cooks - never mind. 

Dutch make bland food too 🤣 

I think Dutch and Brit cuisine are equally terrible. 

• Haha 1

The problem is that they make new homes and sell them brfore they are Finish.  they will show it and sell it to everyone and ask for a deposit to hold it. Before the house is ready the slick people leave town.  happens all the time.  Thais and foreigners are on the scam.  

• Sad 1