Video: Biker lucky not to be killed after managing to stay on during collision in Saraburi

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

She said that a bag belonging to the woman that fell down at the scene is now in the hands of the local police. 

It contained some khaki trousers and the woman's underwear.

Bet she's going to need that clean underwear after pulling a stunt like that. ????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

it contained some khaki trousers and the woman's underwear.  

The report did not say that the bag contained that woman's underwear, it said that it contained, among other things, "women's underwear".  Why the salacious mis-translation, Thaivisa?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Fair comment.

Is it just me, or when being a passenger in a car in Thailand, do you find yourself mashing your right foot into the carpet trying to hit an imaginary brake?

Its you.. often next to a female driver and i never feel I have to do brake or be scared at any point. 

For all those blaming the car driver, keep in mind that there was a blue truck on her left and possibly vehicles directly behind her.
(It's hard to tell if some of the vehicles that went by after may have been behind the woman in the truck at the time or came along seconds later)

If she'd hit the brakes or swerved, it could have turned into a multi-vehicle pile up (and the scooter woman would have sailed off into the distance without even a glance back).

At one point it appears the woman on the scooter glances slightly left, but she may have been looking at that blue vehicle or even at the exit she wanted to take. The vehicle she struck was in her blind spot but she should have noticed it long before she went to merge into that lane. Watching the video a couple times, she had a few seconds to see the traffic to her left before the 2 roads converged (if she'd been paying attention).

The woman she hit may have assumed the scooter had seen her and was going to continue straight, especially as it didn't look like the scooter signalled, braked or even slowed at all.
You can actually see scooter woman on the far right at the 11 second mark. Looking at the 16 second mark, she gives a slight glance to her left.

At the 18 second mark, just before impact, if you look at her angle and where she's looking, it appears she was planning on cutting all the way across both lanes and taking the off ramp, or at the very least she may have been trying to cut all the way across to the left side of the left lane.
Untitled.jpg.1b4a910e330d251cb98391d3e69afa03.jpg

Amazed that she stayed on the bike though. Surprised that she rode off like that. Maybe a case of "no insurance/registration/license" ? Or maybe a case of knowing she'd screwed up and was just trying to get away as quickly as she could (so she could go get some new underwear).

• Like 2

I see this all the time. I scratch my head wondering how brain dead they must be to just go into the flow of traffic without looking. I have even experienced them looking the other way when riding across a one way street. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brickbat said:

I see this all the time. I scratch my head wondering how brain dead they must be to just go into the flow of traffic without looking. I have even experienced them looking the other way when riding across a one way street. 

Yes I agree.

Car drivers are terrible, aren't they.

Rooster

• Confused 1