Video: Biker lucky not to be killed after managing to stay on during collision in Saraburi

webfact

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Good point actually about the reaction time. All of us watching the video were waiting for something to happen. So we were ready for it. For the car driver it was something unexpected. I am not sure how fast I would have responded. But I am sure I would have responded faster if i knew something would happen like now when playing the clip then when it would happen for real.

However he did not break at all did nothing, can't totally say he is without fault but obviously its mainly the motorbike driver. If I were to merge traffic on my bike like that i always check. Its just stupid not to check. So most of the blame is on the motorbike driver.

99.999%

24 minutes ago, Enoon said:

That's what they were in the handbag for.......she has that sort of near calamity every day.

Learn to ride safely, or carry spare underwear?

A no-brainer for a young Thai female.

But if it was a young Thai male his brains would be in his underwear.

7 hours ago, Kinnock said:

So the girl on the bike was clearly not paying attention and in the wrong, but why did the car driver make no attempt at all to move across or brake to avoid the collision?

Daft question I guess - this is Thailand, BLDM - Bikers Lives Don't Matter.

Why ? if one is in the "right" don't move/take evasive action. That's the Thai way , not the right way.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kinnock said:

So the girl on the bike was clearly not paying attention and in the wrong, but why did the car driver make no attempt at all to move across or brake to avoid the collision?

It seems both of them have the same mind, one is a driver and the other is a rider !!!! 

2 hours ago, seancbk said:

My Thai colleague pointed out that the road the motorcycle came from does not allow motorcycles, so she was in the wrong before she even got to the car.

Did your Thai colleague forget what country he lives in?

9 hours ago, Kinnock said:

why did the car driver make no attempt at all to move across or brake to avoid the collision?

Just listen to the choice of radio music noise. That says it all.. (to me). The driver was of the car was not paying attention either.

You can skip the first 55 seconds of the 1:20 video. ???? The accident part lasts 15 seconds. (Maybe would be good to add this in the OP.)

If 1000 TVF members watch this video, that's over 16 hours of people just sitting there and waiting... ???? Thanks video editor. ????

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Were they both the rider and driver asleep?  The car driver has all the reactions of stoned tortoise.  

Now what are those stripey lines for? And that frikkin music - Tranceland!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Average breaking time 2.3 seconds.... really.

Saw the motorbike for 4 seconds .... anticipation / reading the road.

the driver did not see the motorcyclist for 4 seconds because she was playing candy crush on her mobile

From what I can see in the video it seems clear the girl was trying to take a shortcut to her far left.........something I would not have anticipated had I been the driver in that car.  I see this sort of thing all the time in Thailand and occasionally in the US.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drgoon said:

I quite like the background music. If anyone knows the name of the song please let me know

Powfu - Death Bed

one of those viral TikTok songs I occasionally hear when watching the girls dance 

• Like 1

Hey 2 women drivers met in the road way. No hair pulling, no punches, and

no fight. Other than read end damage, looks like a pretty tame accident to me.

Sarcasm.  Was the contents of the bag in preparation for this incident.

Glad no one was seriously injured.

Geezer

20 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Daft question I guess - this is Thailand, BLDM - Bikers Lives Don't Matter.

There was a blue pick up coming on the left side of the car, for the car to move over could have caused a bigger crash.

3 hours ago, Duckster said:

I think this video clearly illustrates the reason why there are more daily average traffic deaths than the total covid19 deaths in this country.

Renewed my car D L yesterday and sat through 1 hr. of this on vid, on leaving, within 10 min of driving 2 M/C had done similar maneuvers. Nothing will ever change here in my lifetime.

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

There was a blue pick up coming on the left side of the car, for the car to move over could have caused a bigger crash.

..... but that still leaves the option of braking.  I do believe that the Thai car driver's view of motorcycles is that the car should never slow or divert their path for a bike, as car drivers are more important than bike riders.

Anyone who rides in Thailand will have noticed this phenomenon.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Bet she's going to need that clean underwear after pulling a stunt like that. ????

My thought as well. I also re-read the article to check the color of her trousers and I note khaki, not brown!!