question on Non 0 retirement extention

30 minutes ago, rken2 said:

I know you all have been waiting with bated breath to hear the outcome, so here it is.

In and out in 20 mins. checked the bank deposits by two different people, No mention of the previous requirement of 400k not shown in the account since june 1st

I was ready with proof of income sources via, retirement and house rentals, was not asked for. Easy Peasy any question please ask. Thanks for all your input. Oh by the way this was done at CM.

Thanks for your report.

Glad to hear the conversion process to a 1-year extension for reason of Marriage (coming from Retirement) went smoothly and that the 2 potential obstacles that might have thwarted your application were not even addressed.

Time for you to celebrate now!

On 6/29/2020 at 3:22 PM, Peter Denis said:

Attached the thai IO regulations, addressing that the foreign income must come from pension.

1 - When applying in country for a Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement, using the monthly-income transfer method

>> See document 1551323081128 - clause 6

2 - When applying in country for a 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of retirement or family

>> See document 580231773 - under Document and Procedures

1551323081128 - Non Imm O retirement requirements.pdf 136.82 kB · 5 downloads 590231773_Amendmenttopoliceorder138-2557(Eng).pdf 301.69 kB · 4 downloads

I don't read the intent of those regulations as being that the income must come only from a pension. It's true there is one column that only refers to pension income but there is another column where it clearly says:

evidence of pension, evidence of interest received from a deposit in the bank or evidence of other income from relevant agency

It seems to me that the column where it only refers to pension is just using it as a summary or shorthand for the fuller and more comprehensive list of income sources in the preceding column.

I understand that some people have been told by some immigration office(r)s that only pension income is acceptable but I think that is a misreading of the intent of the regulation.

7 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I don't read the intent of those regulations as being that the income must come only from a pension. It's true there is one column that only refers to pension income but there is another column where it clearly says:

It seems to me that the column where it only refers to pension is just using it as a summary or shorthand for the fuller and more comprehensive list of income sources in the preceding column.

I understand that some people have been told by some immigration office(r)s that only pension income is acceptable but I think that is a misreading of the intent of the regulation.

The bulk of my income is from dividends in a private company; I had no problem renewing in Buriram.

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

You are fully correct, but try explaining that to an Immigration officer that is not knowledgeable in the area of possible sources of foreign income, and insists that only an Embassy certified pension-income statement will be accepted as proof of the source of the transfers of foreign income.

Some IOs have that 'pension-statement only' interpretation also included on the requirements list they provide.

9 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Some IOs have that 'pension-statement only' interpretation also included on the requirements list they provide.

Exactly - which is why I said, "I understand that some people have been told by some immigration office(r)s that only pension income is acceptable ..."

• Like 1