They lost my green book...

ojcm

hey everyone hope your all well.

In December 2019 I brought a Yamaha grand filano from a Thai man in bkk.

He was really cool. I deposited the money in his account and he sent me the bike with the keys, green book and all the documents I needed to change the bike ownership to my name all the way down to phuket and everything turned up fine. Happy as.

So a few weeks later I went to the testing place where they measure the emissions and collect all the paper work and send the green book off to bkk to get my name put in it. He tells me he will call me to come and pick it up when it arrives back... a few weeks go by no call. So I stop in and he says come back 2 weeks again I wait 2 weeks come back. Still nothing. Again and again 3 months go by like this... Now its been over 6 months and he is saying he has no record of it.. like I was never there... like he never had my green book... so what can I do???

Can someone please point me in the right direction.. i still have the fb messenger conversion with the previous owner.. should I contact him?

What do you guys think?

Should I go to the police? 

Anyone have any experience like this?

Is it possible to get a green book replaced?

Im pretty sure I don't have the receipt from the testing place...Which sucks..

Cheers

Owen

You waited far too long for your own good before wondering what to do next, you should have acted much sooner! Whatever you do next will require a police report so you have two choices: either file a police report on the basis of what you've written in the OP and hope that the shop doesn't deny ever knowing you, or, file a report on the basis that you lost the green book and use that to get a new one. Either way, you're probably going to need the cooperation of the seller in Bangkok so do keep him sweet.

Not sure why the green book was sent to Bangkok,  and why you went for emission test, did you need a new tax...!?

I bought a bike from Pattaya, then rode it to Phuket,  seller gave me all paperwork signed. Then went to DLT in Phuket, requested registration in new province, they examined the bike there (check chassis number etc.) and after a few days it was done,  gave me a new Phuket  number plate, new tax etc. . Then I transferred the green book to my name, picked up the next day, all done...

You need the help of the original owner, he needs to request a green book replacement in bkk, because the book is still in his name,  but for issuing that they want to examine the bike which is now in Phuket - major headache I'm afraid...!

• Like 1

There is no need to send the greenbook to BKK, the DLT in Phuket can transfer it to your name as long as all the required docs are compete.

Get as much proof as you can that you went to that testing center then file a police report. 

Youv'e been scammed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can file with police for report, but that report will be on your name and bike is not on your name therefore you will not able to apply for a lost green book at DLT since there is no record that you are the owner.
IMO You need to contact the seller since he is still the owner of the bike. he can do it.

• Like 2

You havent been scammed.

That implies that you lose something and the scammer gains something. Your bike isnt of the type a Thai would covet.

Nor has the book been sent to Bangkok , just the Phuket "Satanee Grom Garn Kon Song" , meaning Phukets Department of Land  Transport Office... its near Immigration.

This is just Thai incompetence.

Go back to the guy and ask him for his help as kindly as you can. Hopefully you have the original owners written name.

My guess is that he sees you as having a farang name , but the sleeve ( not  inside the book )  is still labelled in the old owners name and is amongst the hundred or so books he  always has in his filing cabinet.

If that doesnt work ...

I'd even offer a 300 baht bribe for him   to look into it and find the book , payment on delivery  ..as if he finds it , then it saves you a lot of footwork.

If he cant/doesnt find it , then  contact the previous owner and have him on speed dial when you report to the Patong  Police what happened . Go from there...

I cant emphasize enough how polite you should be with the original idiot , because if you arent , there will be no help.

Edited by zaZa9
  • Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 2:51 PM, ojcm said:

Should I go to the police? 

Yes !!  they may help if you can find one that speaks english, contact the owner, can he speak english? if not you need help from someone who can translate, the cops could help on that. good luck also ctv in the TO

Edited by brianthainess

On 6/24/2020 at 2:51 PM, ojcm said:

So a few weeks later I went to the testing place where they measure the emissions and collect all the paper work and send the green book off to bkk to get my name put in it. He tells me he will call me to come and pick it up when it arrives back... a few weeks go by no call. So I stop in and he says come back 2 weeks again I wait 2 weeks come back. Still nothing. Again and again 3 months go by like this... Now its been over 6 months and he is saying he has no record of it.. like I was never there.

You can file with police for report, but that report will be on your name and bike is not on your name therefore you will not able to apply for a lost green book at DLT since there is no record that you are the owner.
IMO You need to contact the seller since he is still the owner of the bike. he can do it.

Unless the green book was lost after it turned to your name. IMO get a police report and go to DLT to find out if it has turned to your name. If yes, it would become easier. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1