Some foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand from July 1

webfact

15 hours ago, unheard said:

Please stop spreading false rumors based on pure assumptions.

Have you tried to apply yourself?

If you have then you would have known that there's not a dime required to be paid to complete the application (initial registration).

And does ‘registration' provide any sort approval or even provisional acceptance- or is it just meaninglessly being on a list? And the post to which I replied showing the application criteria from the embassy in Germany included needing an airline ticket and hotel booking. So how are you gonna get those without a dime?

8 hours ago, nchuckle said:

And does ‘registration' provide any sort approval or even provisional acceptance- or is it just meaninglessly being on a list? And the post to which I replied showing the application criteria from the embassy in Germany included needing an airline ticket and hotel booking. So how are you gonna get those without a dime?

- Copy of the flight confirmation

—> you can book a “ticket to bin” on https://onwardticket.com

- Proof of confirmed quarantine stay (hotel booking):

—> not mentioned prepaid, credit card pre-authorization might suffice 

1 hour ago, CLS said:

- Copy of the flight confirmation

—> you can book a “ticket to bin” on https://onwardticket.com

- Proof of confirmed quarantine stay (hotel booking):

—> not mentioned prepaid, credit card pre-authorization might suffice 

No,that is not a refundable air ticket if you cancel - you have to pay to get a confirmed flight. Re booking hotel,a pre authorisation on a credit card means you have contracted the payment and cannot cancel unless the hotel agrees .

11 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

No,that is not a refundable air ticket if you cancel - you have to pay to get a confirmed flight. Re booking hotel,a pre authorisation on a credit card means you have contracted the payment and cannot cancel unless the hotel agrees .

You pay 12$ to book. Good enough to have a confirmed ticket to show. If you want the ticket issued you have to pay the ticket fare.

To allow the merchant to charge your card with a pre-authorization you have to give your consent to do so upon booking.

https://www.merchant-accounts.ca/understanding-credit-card-pre-authorizations.php

12 hours ago, nchuckle said:

You receive a confirmation email as an acknowledgement of them receiving the application.

The email contains a personalized link allowing you to edit your application with missing documents when required.

12 hours ago, nchuckle said:

And the post to which I replied showing the application criteria from the embassy in Germany included needing an airline ticket and hotel booking. So how are you gonna get those without a dime?

The paid airline ticket and hotel booking are required after you get an approval to enter.

As I understand the preliminary approval confirmation will be relayed to your local embassy/consulate where you will submit the copies of paid ticket/hotel bookings.

2 hours ago, CLS said:

You pay 12$ to book. Good enough to have a confirmed ticket to show. If you want the ticket issued you have to pay the ticket fare.

To allow the merchant to charge your card with a pre-authorization you have to give your consent to do so upon booking.

https://www.merchant-accounts.ca/understanding-credit-card-pre-authorizations.php

I have read that site and as the cardholder you have no control over stopping the transaction once preauthorised . The merchant simply captures the payment when he chooses and you have no recourse. I recently had a transaction that a merchant had forgotten to process that got charged to my card 2 years later. Visa told me that was perfectly legal as I had authorised it. That’s how car hire deposits are done - they can charge your card long after you’ve handed the car back . 

On 6/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, DrPhibes said:

Under the Declaration of an Emergency Situation, which is effective from 26 March 2020 to 30 June 2020, all foreigners are not allowed to enter Thailand, except for (1) Diplomatic, Consular or International Organization representatives, (2) Those with a valid work permit or those who have been given permission to work in Thailand and (3) Those given special exception by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons. Please click here for more information.

Those given special exceptions by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons.

- Those with urgent medical needs should contact your Embassy/Consulate in Thailand to request permission to enter Thailand directly from the Thai government. The Embassy cannot issue visas unless it has been given permission from the Thai government.

- Foreigners who are married to Thai nationals or foreigners who are children of Thai nationals with an urgent need to travel to Thailand may fill the information online to request a Certificate of Entry and visa. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account urgency and humanitarian reasons

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

So, you have to make all kinds of money payments to then apply and maybe get in.  Have flight paid for, have 2 weeks quarantine lodging arranged and paid for, have you visa paid for, with no guarantee you will get in.  It is not the given the article makes it out to be.

Given they need a paid flight and it says to contact the Embassy for repatriation flights, I have contacted the Embassy on what flights are available.  Will let you know.

Just received an e-mail from the Embassy, only Thai citizens get on repatriation flights here in the US.  I have also just e-mailed the the Embassy to confirm that you need a flight and quarantine accommodation already paid for before you even know if you will get your COE approved (enough speculation on what I am reading).  When you follow the links to the application, it is the online Visa application site which, for non-O, requires flight details meaning you have to have a flight booked.  I stopped at that point and sent the e-mail.  Will keeps all informed.

Embassy in WA DC just replied, no confirmed flights or lodging needs to be submitted with the online COE which is part of the Visa application for non-O that you fill out, embassy sends to BKK (probably to see if you have been a bad boy) and once BKK approves it, you then have to upload the required docs and such before the Embassy actually issues you the COE.  Here is the actual e-mail response:

No. The document ASQ and, confirmed air ticket, and a health certificate will be required to upload when the Embassy / Consulates-General inform the approval of COE from Thailand.  
First, you need to apply for a visa and COE and once you know for sure that you get approved, we will inform you and you will need to upload these documents later.

Best Regards,

---

Consular Office,
Royal Thai Embassy,
2300 Kalorama Rd., N. W.,
Washington, DC 20008.
Fax - (202) 459-9536
Tel - (202) 684-8493

On 6/25/2020 at 8:16 PM, Lacessit said:

Which group are you in?

One of the shortest, most appropriate and funniest answers I have read here on TV so far. ????

It is ascribed to Goethe that he once apologised for not having had the time to keep a letter short. With the above you certainly beat him.