Some foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand from July 1

webfact

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I realize it would be pure guess work. I notice 2000 spots set aside married folk.

Seems a bit thin. I realize there is capacity constraints.

I think those are just estimates.

There is nothing set in stone.

14 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha!

When I was a lad it was called 'illness'. Now with the aid of a spin-doctor we have wellness.

Another marketing success.

Wouldn't get many customers if it was called an "Illness Centre"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, unheard said:
9 hours ago, Bobsuruncle said:

he said "we are not giving visas to any foreigners who want to go to Thailand. We are only helping Thai nationals

It seems the consulates are out of the loop for now.

You can apply via this link posted by the embassy:

https://thaiembdc.org/onlinevisaapplication/

Thats a Visa application....   an existing format which (most likely pre-covid).

The discussion is not visas per-say, but approval for foreigners to fly to and enter Thailand - Many of whom are holding visa’s already, are married, have property there etc...

The response is pretty clear for now: Thailand wants to be seen to be ‘doing what it can’ in reality foreigners with ties to Thailand are waiting.... there is no form, format, contact, instruction, process, list of documents etc... 

Other than the ‘Announcements’ there is nothing. The announcements mentioned that ‘foreigners may be permitted entry’ if meeting certain criteria from July. So... Perhaps there will be more information in July. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CLS said:

You have to convince the embassy staff that your illness can only be cured in Soi Cowboy.

Go to a doctor and see if you suffer from vegetative dystonia. That would be "unwellness" (just an example) 

AFAIK there is no special visa for wellness tourism. 

Edited by micmichd

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I get the impression that someone ‘in a position’ came out of a meeting and made an announcement... and that was it...  then came the infographics...  clumsy, ill thought out, but Thai’s in an official positions love nothing more than something to stand next to and get their faces in the news.... who else other than Anutin....  

His name is getting thrown around way too much recently, I predict a ‘fall from grace’ (as per Big Joke), the big gun doesn’t like others who make the news. 

2000 spots - my guess is those figures were just pulled out of the air without any second thought. 

My friends in govt. tell me he is being lined up for the top job after the General steps aside.

When that will be, nobody knows.

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

I'm sure that Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos already have their flights booked...lol. 

Bill Gates can't come until they've finished burying all the overhead cables he didn't like. Perhaps ten years.

33 minutes ago, baansgr said:
15 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha!

When I was a lad it was called 'illness'. Now with the aid of a spin-doctor we have wellness.

Another marketing success.

Wouldn't get many customers if it was called an "Illness Centre"

How many customers want to know how to drill for water?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats a Visa application....   an existing format which (most likely pre-covid).

The discussion is not visas per-say, but approval for foreigners to fly to and enter Thailand - Many of whom are holding visa’s already, are married, have property there etc...

The response is pretty clear for now: Thailand wants to be seen to be ‘doing what it can’ in reality foreigners with ties to Thailand are waiting.... there is no form, format, contact, instruction, process, list of documents etc... 

Other than the ‘Announcements’ there is nothing. The announcements mentioned that ‘foreigners may be permitted entry’ if meeting certain criteria from July. So... Perhaps there will be more information in July. 

So you don’t believe what I wrote in post #29?

I've been renting in BKK 5 years now, Non 0 visa - extensions based on retirement with multiple entry. Left BKK Feb. 17 to work, unable to return to Thailand after work.  Has the Thai government even considered those with Non O retirement extensions???? Mine is still valid luckily.  Has not been mentioned yet from what I have seen, should be grouped with the marriage visas yes ?  Your thoughts Ubonjoe? 

1 minute ago, CANSIAM said:

I've been renting in BKK 5 years now, Non 0 visa - extensions based on retirement with multiple entry. Left BKK Feb. 17 to work, unable to return to Thailand after work.  Has the Thai government even considered those with Non O retirement extensions???? Mine is still valid luckily.  Has not been mentioned yet from what I have seen, should be grouped with the marriage visas yes ?  Your thoughts Ubonjoe? 

Retirees are considered 'temporary visitors for purposes other than tourism', so there's no priority there. 

If you left for work, you are technically not really retired, are you?

In addition, leaving for an extended period of time in mid Feb really wasn't a very clever decision either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You're mistaken.

That is the most recent application form from last Friday, very much post-Covid.

This application if approved would grant an entrance into Thailand in July and so on.

It doesn't matter if you're already holding a visa.

It's pretty much worthless on its own without the post-covid entry permission.

They will issue a visa to those who need it, it's just a formality.

Please check the following link.

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

Edited by unheard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bruceprior said:

Thai Residency Rights........

Is the retirement extension to O-A visa in any group of people to be allowed in?  I am stuck in Australia with extension due to expire 30th July 2020!!

Nope. Your visa will probably expire long before they allow you back in unfortunately.

The non-immigrant visa itself, even with extensions, gives no residency rights whatsoever and is merely a temporary extension of stay for purposes other than tourism.

8 minutes ago, bruceprior said:

Thai Residency Rights........

Is the retirement extension to O-A visa in any group of people to be allowed in?  I am stuck in Australia with extension due to expire 30th July 2020!!

Unfortunately not. Thai Residency rights equals PR status.

35 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Retirees are considered 'temporary visitors for purposes other than tourism', so there's no priority there. 

In addition, leaving for an extended period of time in mid Feb really wasn't a very clever decision either.

Correct, technically not retired, 28/28 work rotation, unfortunately had to work 42 days, Airport was closed by then. Continuing to wait ........ 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I don't know Mr M, leaving to go to work seems pretty clever to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Discussions are still on about letting in the second group -- businessmen on short-duration stays, government guests, and tourists under the "travel bubble", especially the tourists -- since the virus situation around the world remains a cause for concern.

Especially Beijing & Seoul. 
but I'm sure Thailand can find a way around that !

• Like 1