Some foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand from July 1

webfact

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I realize it would be pure guess work. I notice 2000 spots set aside married folk.

Seems a bit thin. I realize there is capacity constraints. 

So for the guess work question......how many people would be trying to enter Thailand using the married option. 

You would think a big number or opposite.

Try to read this part again: 

Of the groups that have registered seeking entry, there are...    ... around 2,000 foreigners married to Thais ...

18 hours ago, Sayed Ali Salman Alhalay said:

I have appointment next month in hospital what can i do

Where are you now? Where is this hospital? What is your nationality? Do you belong to any of the mentioned groups allow to enter?

There is no iurance for COVID

This stupid gov knows that..They are a disgusting group of racist people that should not be in government period. 

Thailand needs a legitimate election now

Edited by tomauasia
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

There is no iurance for COVID

This stupid gov knows that..They are a disgusting group of racist people that should not be in government period. 

Thailand needs a legitimate election now

My insurance covers Covid up to the annual limit insured. It’s an expat international insurance that I’ve had long before Covid though. 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Did anybody already try to contact their embassy for the wellness tourism, and do they know what that consists off? 

I know what happens with that. You have to book accommodation as well as what operation to be done through an agency then fly.

Very costly. They want your money

19 hours ago, kiever said:

How I can be a medical Wellness tourist ?

Easy peasy. You come as a tourist that is unwell. Stay in a nice hotel and resort; don't go out. Hey presto you're wellness has returned. Maybe your wealth's not so well, but can't have everything!

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A ‘contact’ tells me, it’s not even possible (for foreign spouses) to register to apply to return at the moment... 

The announcement seems to be nothing more than media lip-service... “look at us, we’re letting families get back together” 

Nothing is in process... I’ll believe it when I see it. 

I’m starting to believe the posters who write that at could be months before we can get home to our families. 

EO is the new term. 

Editorial Opinion..

Another way of saying Fake news..

33 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep, time to rethink those foolish life choices.

I've been a businessman for many years in Thailand and seen more horror stories than I can count. 

It has always perplexed me, and still does, why so many people try to swim against the tide here? 

Owning land in company names, marrying to get a visa, paying for a Thai man's family, paying key money for businesses, operating illegal gambling and betting venues, getting involved in the sex for sale industry, and on and on it goes. 

The thin line we walk in Thailand as Westerners is well known. We are barely tolerated, but some folk act surprised when they don't let married guys or retirees in?

Basically leaves the retirement extension visas in the same place as TR tourism visas.

My 4 years on retirement counts for zilch. 

My 7 years in a relationship with a thai lady and looking after her family the same. 

27 minutes ago, Farlang said:

I know what happens with that. You have to book accommodation as well as what operation to be done through an agency then fly.

Very costly. They want your money

Sure they want your money. But maybe considerably less than in the West. Feel free to compare cost estimates. 

Just got this 5 min ago from the Embassy in Wa DC:

Under the Declaration of an Emergency Situation, which is effective from 26 March 2020 to 30 June 2020, all foreigners are not allowed to enter Thailand, except for (1) Diplomatic, Consular or International Organization representatives, (2) Those with a valid work permit or those who have been given permission to work in Thailand and (3) Those given special exception by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons. Please click here for more information.

Those given special exceptions by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons.

- Those with urgent medical needs should contact your Embassy/Consulate in Thailand to request permission to enter Thailand directly from the Thai government. The Embassy cannot issue visas unless it has been given permission from the Thai government.

- Foreigners who are married to Thai nationals or foreigners who are children of Thai nationals with an urgent need to travel to Thailand may fill the information online to request a Certificate of Entry and visa. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account urgency and humanitarian reasons

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

So, you have to make all kinds of money payments to then apply and maybe get in.  Have flight paid for, have 2 weeks quarantine lodging arranged and paid for, have you visa paid for, with no guarantee you will get in.  It is not the given the article makes it out to be.

Given they need a paid flight and it says to contact the Embassy for repatriation flights, I have contacted the Embassy on what flights are available.  Will let you know.

Edited by DrPhibes
more content
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

My wife and son need to get back from Laos.  I've been told there's a good chance that some reopening of the land borders is possible after this week's COVID meeting between the ASEAN countries.

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

i jsyt contacted the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh on behalf of a Cambodian woman scheduled for surgery at a Bangkok Hospital in August. Same story - no way to register, nothing in progress.

With the exception of people who fit in the categories above, for whom I have the greatest sympathy I cannot, for the life of me see why others, especially tourists are in such a rush to get back to Thailand!

I'm a frequent / regular tourist and love the place (or i wouldn't be on this forum) but to go on a pleasure trip with all the current constrictions / restrictions seems ridiculous. 

Quarantine on arrival, quarantine on return (UK) no idea if the curfew would be restarted /extended and risk having to be bored alone for 2 weeks?

Dammit, I can stay home and do THAT!

I'd love to be in Pattaya enjoying what it has to offer but right now, the stress and worries would easily overcome the fun, so I'm optimistically looking at early next year, realistically later than that.

Meanwhile it's a sunny morning in England and the pubs open next week.

As I say, to those who have family / medical reasons for needing to get back.......Choc di khrap.

To the rest, myself included, deal with it, get some hobbies (going for a 8km walk today) be happy you're alive and kicking!

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

How many customers want to know how to drill for water?

Took me about 30 seconds to get that....then I nearly spilled my coffee ????????????????????????????

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Try to read this part again: 

Of the groups that have registered seeking entry, there are...    ... around 2,000 foreigners married to Thais ...

I just read a report on another site saying that the Thai government is quite surprised at the low numbers of foreigners who have registered to return; around 2,000 foreigners married to Thai nationals and small numbers in other categories.

I wonder if this relates to the costs of the 'alternative quarantine hotels' for foreigners, around 40,000Baht for 14 days and up. Plus in some cases costs of Covid 19 tests during the quarantine plus tests to gain documents to fly, Transport to and from the quarantine hotel, laundry etc.

Also costs of airfares (one way only) on repatriation flights is mostly above/well above normal commercial scheduled flights. Plus I noticed a comment that the fares on many repat flights doesn't include check-in luggage, all extra cost. Plus ground transport costs to get to the departure airport

I could be wrong but I wonder if these costs are a deal breaker for some foreigners, meaning that they just can't afford the current repat costs and must wait until quarantine days/venues relaxes, perhaps some will be eventually be allowed to quarantine at home but with monitoring, etc., and overall costs reduce significantly. 

Your thoughts?

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I just read a report on another site saying that the Thai government is quite surprised at the low numbers of foreigners who have registered to return; around 2,000 foreigners married to Thai nationals and small numbers in other categories.

I wonder if this relates to the costs of the 'alternative quarantine hotels' for foreigners, around 40,000Baht for 14 days and up. Plus in some cases costs of Covid 19 tests during the quarantine plus tests to gain documents to fly, Transport to and from the quarantine hotel, laundry etc.

Also costs of airfares (one way only) on repatriation flights is mostly above/well above normal commercial scheduled flights. Plus I noticed a comment that the fares on many repat flights doesn't include check-in luggage, all extra cost. Plus ground transport costs to get to the departure airport

I could be wrong but I wonder if these costs are a deal breaker for some foreigners, meaning that they just can't afford the current repat costs and must wait until quarantine days/venues relaxes, perhaps some will be eventually be allowed to quarantine at home but with monitoring, etc., and overall costs reduce significantly. 

Your thoughts?

Are you asking for my opinion? I can't see how would my opinion matter...

My reply was simply to point out to another poster that the 2000 wasn't a limit put by the government, but actually the number of people who applied for permission

9 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Are you asking for my opinion? I can't see how would my opinion matter...

My reply was simply to point out to another poster that the 2000 wasn't a limit put by the government, but actually the number of people who applied for permission

Sorry if I have caused confusion or annoyance. My post/question is just an open question not aimed at you or anybody specific. And I would appreciate your broad/open response to my question. 

Sorry if I upset you.

Edited by scorecard

44 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Your thoughts?

I am in Thailand, due to go back to Australia for a medical check in November. Free in Australia.

However, if I go back there, no guarantee on whether I will be allowed back out, or into Thailand.

It's now actually cheaper for me to stay here and have the medical check done at a cost anywhere between 30 - 60K baht. By the time I have added up flight costs, quarantine costs and accommodation, it's a no-brainer.

For those anti-Chinese racists (there's a lot of anti-Chinese racist remarks in this forum and the mods allow them), it's better not to come to Thailand because Chinese tourists will be the first batch to be allowed to enter Thailand.