Some foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand from July 1

webfact

Just now, warcy said:

For those anti-Chinese racists (there's a lot of anti-Chinese racist remarks in this forum and the mods allow them), it's better not to come to Thailand because Chinese tourists will be the first batch to be allowed to enter Thailand.

Chinese are not the problem. The CCP that rules them is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Welcome Chinese. Bring the next disease with you. Thailand welcomes you.

What a racist you are. Which countries in the world have the largest virus cases? They are the ones who should be banned from entering Thailand.

Give me some statistics for the past 30 days and compare yourself.

Edited by warcy

Just now, Lacessit said:

Chinese are not the problem. The CCP that rules them is.

Most of those Chinese tourists who come to Thailand aren't connected to CCP. So why the hatred towards them and the government?

3 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Just got this 5 min ago from the Embassy in Wa DC:

Under the Declaration of an Emergency Situation, which is effective from 26 March 2020 to 30 June 2020, all foreigners are not allowed to enter Thailand, except for (1) Diplomatic, Consular or International Organization representatives, (2) Those with a valid work permit or those who have been given permission to work in Thailand and (3) Those given special exception by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons. Please click here for more information.

Those given special exceptions by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons.

- Those with urgent medical needs should contact your Embassy/Consulate in Thailand to request permission to enter Thailand directly from the Thai government. The Embassy cannot issue visas unless it has been given permission from the Thai government.

- Foreigners who are married to Thai nationals or foreigners who are children of Thai nationals with an urgent need to travel to Thailand may fill the information online to request a Certificate of Entry and visa. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account urgency and humanitarian reasons

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

So, you have to make all kinds of money payments to then apply and maybe get in.  Have flight paid for, have 2 weeks quarantine lodging arranged and paid for, have you visa paid for, with no guarantee you will get in.  It is not the given the article makes it out to be.

Given they need a paid flight and it says to contact the Embassy for repatriation flights, I have contacted the Embassy on what flights are available.  Will let you know.

This is exactly the issue. Forking out of large sums simply to make an application with measurable chances of approval. It could be almost designed to ensure husbands are put off trying to return while government can say we are allowing souses to return. Terribly transparent ploy.

3. Foreigners married to Thais, or permanent residents of Thailand (around 2,000 have registered).

The above translation from Thai is totally incorrect.
Nowhere in Thai does it say that one must be married.
There is no saying about permanent residents.
I have asked five well-educated Thais and they agree that what is said, are foreigners with family in Thailand and foreigners who have lived in Thailand for a long time and has a house in Thailand.
If you have children with Thai citizenship, own a house (wife or childrens name) and have Non-Im O, then you should be able to get a permit.

I just read a report on another site saying that the Thai government is quite surprised at the low numbers of foreigners who have registered to return; around 2,000 foreigners married to Thai nationals and small numbers in other categories.

I wonder if this relates to the costs of the 'alternative quarantine hotels' for foreigners, around 40,000Baht for 14 days and up. Plus in some cases costs of Covid 19 tests during the quarantine plus tests to gain documents to fly, Transport to and from the quarantine hotel, laundry etc.

Also costs of airfares (one way only) on repatriation flights is mostly above/well above normal commercial scheduled flights. Plus I noticed a comment that the fares on many repat flights doesn't include check-in luggage, all extra cost. Plus ground transport costs to get to the departure airport

I could be wrong but I wonder if these costs are a deal breaker for some foreigners, meaning that they just can't afford the current repat costs and must wait until quarantine days/venues relaxes, perhaps some will be eventually be allowed to quarantine at home but with monitoring, etc., and overall costs reduce significantly. 

This post is NOT in response to any other specific posts in this thread. And it's not about Chinese tourists. is not what this thread is aimed at.

Your thoughts about repat return costs? Please share.

So, with what is becoming an obsession now for Gov't to open up to International travel we

can expect a 2nd wave about 3rd week of July or early August ?

And they are worrying about drinking directly out of a bottle or playing a game of pool or

darts in a bar with fellow customers who have been here for the last 4 months ?

The wife reckons that the bars should check entry stamps into Thailand & if arrived less than 6 weeks ago ,,,turn them away..... Who said Thais are Stupid ?

Just now, natway09 said:

So, with what is becoming an obsession now for Gov't to open up to International travel we

can expect a 2nd wave about 3rd week of July or early August ?

And they are worrying about drinking directly out of a bottle or playing a game of pool or

darts in a bar with fellow customers who have been here for the last 4 months ?

The wife reckons that the bars should check entry stamps into Thailand & if arrived less than 6 weeks ago ,,,turn them away..... Who said Thais are Stupid ?

Just put everybody in 2 week quarantine, problem solved. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I just read a report on another site saying that the Thai government is quite surprised at the low numbers of foreigners who have registered to return; around 2,000 foreigners married to Thai nationals and small numbers in other categories.

I wonder if this relates to the costs of the 'alternative quarantine hotels' for foreigners, around 40,000Baht for 14 days and up. Plus in some cases costs of Covid 19 tests during the quarantine plus tests to gain documents to fly, Transport to and from the quarantine hotel, laundry etc.

Also costs of airfares (one way only) on repatriation flights is mostly above/well above normal commercial scheduled flights. Plus I noticed a comment that the fares on many repat flights doesn't include check-in luggage, all extra cost. Plus ground transport costs to get to the departure airport

I could be wrong but I wonder if these costs are a deal breaker for some foreigners, meaning that they just can't afford the current repat costs and must wait until quarantine days/venues relaxes, perhaps some will be eventually be allowed to quarantine at home but with monitoring, etc., and overall costs reduce significantly. 

This post is NOT in response to any other specific posts in this thread. And it's not about Chinese tourists. is not what this thread is aimed at.

Your thoughts about repat return costs? Please share.

Hi, expats returning to Thailand will not be on repatriation flights . They will pay the full costs of today’s normal prices that are high. Pleas correct me if I’m wrong. 

About the Student / Teacher thing they mention. Do you think that could be ED Visa as well? 

EDIT:

I called a language school in bkk in Sathon, and they told me they think it will be. They will email me when they know more.

Edited by reallyaffiliated
Called them.

37 minutes ago, geisha said:

Hi, expats returning to Thailand will not be on repatriation flights . They will pay the full costs of today’s normal prices that are high. Pleas correct me if I’m wrong. 

1. Thai Nationals had to pay normal flight cost on the repatriation flights so I don't think they would be happy if foreigners were offered reduce cost flights

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:
  1. Thai Nationals had to pay normal flight cost on the repatriation flights so I don't think they would be happy if foreigners were offered reduce cost flights

Good point. I recall that on the regular live update on facebook from the Aust. Ambassador in Bkk regarding repat flights for Aust. citizens from Bkk to several locations in Australia, he mentioned these are charter flights and significantly more expensive than scheduled flights because there are no returning passengers.   

25 minutes ago, jamesc2000 said:

Just need to make an appointment at a Health Centre I guess.

Call one of the 5 / 6 star hospitals in Bkk, I'm sure they have a package to sell you. But beware of an early sign up discount.  

5 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Call one of the 5 / 6 star hospitals in Bkk, I'm sure they have a package to sell you. But beware of an early sign up discount.  

Problem is how to trust them. If you buy a package nothing is confirmed about you actually being able to get into Thailand. So far the local embassy's have nothing confirmed yet by the Thai government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I believe you...

I’ve been categorically told: No foreigners at the moment. Maybe in July - TBC.

image.png

Totally agree. At the moment only WP holders are allowed in, if they can catch a repatriation flight.

These new rules apply from next month on.

Today is 25th June, till you have all your paperwork ready, it’s July already.

Now you can just argue if next month is from the 1st July on or later.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/potential-low-risk-countries-to-reboot-thailand-inbound-travel

On 6/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The Covid-19 Negative Certificate seems difficult to obtain, particularly within the 72 hr time limit. 

In UK people can get a Covid-19 test (I’ve had one), but, we are only contacted if the result is positive. Obviously we are then told to isolate and ‘track and trace’ is employed (everyone we’ve been in contact with also has to self isolate). With the regular tests we do not receive any notification or certificate if the result is negative. 

I am struggling to find anyone who could provide a Covid-19 free certificate. 

In the UK https://samedaydoctor.org seems as though they may issue a Covid-19 free certificate, but that would involve travelling into a potential 'hot-spot’ (London or Manchester) for a test when there are no cases in my area of the UK’s quiet countryside. 

you should of got any email say your result was negative

7 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It has always perplexed me, and still does, why so many people try to swim against the tide here? 

Three groups of people come to Thailand 1. Bride seekers unable to find brides in their own country among their own cultures and languages, 2. Orgy seekers with limited fund who cant afford to engage in orgies in their own country, 3. Losers who cant make enough money in their home countries and come to Thailand to live in a 7,000 BHT dump and eat pork soup on the streets. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, shdmn said:

Thanks to a terrible and continued poor response from the US gov't leadership, Many US hospitals are in danger of being overrun with cases now.  I seriously doubt any country is going to want to rush to allow US travellers back in.

THAT

3 hours ago, nchuckle said:

This is exactly the issue. Forking out of large sums simply to make an application with measurable chances of approval. It could be almost designed to ensure husbands are put off trying to return while government can say we are allowing souses to return. Terribly transparent ploy.

Please stop spreading false rumors based on pure assumptions.

Have you tried to apply yourself?

If you have then you would have known that there's not a dime required to be paid to complete the application (initial registration).

Edited by unheard

1 minute ago, Mulambana said:

Three groups of people come to Thailand 1. Bride seekers unable to find brides in their own country among their own cultures and languages, 2. Orgy seekers with limited fund who cant afford to engage in orgies in their own country, 3. Losers who cant make enough money in their home countries and come to Thailand to live in a 7,000 BHT dump and eat pork soup on the streets. 

Lol something wrong with you mentally?

• Like 2