Some foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand from July 1

webfact

32 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Problem is how to trust them. If you buy a package nothing is confirmed about you actually being able to get into Thailand. So far the local embassy's have nothing confirmed yet by the Thai government.

You don't have to buy anything before you get a permission to enter.

4 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Travel bubbles but tourists staying "villa quaranitine" sounds fun!

And imagine what happens if there is an infection in your resort.

Locked in your room for weeks, like on the cruise ships.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mulambana said:

Three groups of people come to Thailand 1. Bride seekers unable to find brides in their own country among their own cultures and languages, 2. Orgy seekers with limited fund who cant afford to engage in orgies in their own country, 3. Losers who cant make enough money in their home countries and come to Thailand to live in a 7,000 BHT dump and eat pork soup on the streets. 

Again another one of your (offensive) silly, at best posts. 

Clearly you have some pent up issues.

Your content rarely relates the thread. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

I just read a report on another site saying that the Thai government is quite surprised at the low numbers of foreigners who have registered to return; around 2,000 foreigners married to Thai nationals and small numbers in other categories.

I wonder if this relates to the costs of the 'alternative quarantine hotels' for foreigners, around 40,000Baht for 14 days and up. Plus in some cases costs of Covid 19 tests during the quarantine plus tests to gain documents to fly, Transport to and from the quarantine hotel, laundry etc.

Also costs of airfares (one way only) on repatriation flights is mostly above/well above normal commercial scheduled flights. Plus I noticed a comment that the fares on many repat flights doesn't include check-in luggage, all extra cost. Plus ground transport costs to get to the departure airport

I could be wrong but I wonder if these costs are a deal breaker for some foreigners, meaning that they just can't afford the current repat costs and must wait until quarantine days/venues relaxes, perhaps some will be eventually be allowed to quarantine at home but with monitoring, etc., and overall costs reduce significantly. 

Your thoughts?

If you make tough rules don’t be surprised that not many are interested. But this is on purpose. Thailand is not ready for more guests, as long as they keep the quarantine requirement.
The bottleneck is the ASQ. There are only 900 rooms on offer. 
This makes roughly 1800 heads per month.

I know of 2 Europe/Thai couples that fully qualify but decided to give Thailand a miss this year.

The most economic ASQ hotel costs 32k Baht. Now add costs for Covid-19 tests and travel to your embassy. Then we talk about costs of 50k baht per person.

For 100k as couple, you can go for a nice holiday somewhere in Europe.

I don’t add the health insurance costs, because in most European countries you are covered by the compulsory medical care.

1 hour ago, jamesc2000 said:

Just need to make an appointment at a Health Centre I guess.

I think the hospitals and clinics will have to work on health treatments which is combined with quarantine.

If they need money they will be fast to offer the full package.

Finally I can get my face lifting to fit the skin of my GF.

LOL

12 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Not many. But a lot of people do want to get into Thailand and are fine with paying for quarantine. Not everybody is on this forum.

I like your determination to get there, but I think it's a lost cause. The UK chief medical officer says this virus situation and the social distancing is here until spring 2020 at the earliest.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I like your determination to get there, but I think it's a lost cause. The UK chief medical officer says this virus situation and the social distancing is here until spring 2020 at the earliest.

If he's said that he's living in the past already.

6 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Haha I like our going back and forth every day. I guess we'll see what happens. Just not someone to sit down and wait. 

EDIT: Talking about the UK, seems like Oxford is doing great with their vaccine. Hopefully they'll be able to launch it in a few months like they say themselves. But then the question will be if other countries like Thailand accept this vaccination, or if they prefer to only accept vaccinations that come from Thailand.

Edited by reallyaffiliated
extra

17 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Haha I like our going back and forth every day. I guess we'll see what happens. Just not someone to sit down and wait. 

EDIT: Talking about the UK, seems like Oxford is doing great with their vaccine. Hopefully they'll be able to launch it in a few months like they say themselves. But then the question will be if other countries like Thailand accept this vaccination, or if they prefer to only accept vaccinations that come from Thailand.

I would be rather be in Thailand too, the UK is going to explode soon and it won't be pretty.

Oxford vaccine said maybe 40 million units by next summer, it's going to be long haul with these vaccines as need to be tested. I wouldn't take it unless it has been thoroughly tested.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

You're either a glass half full , or a glass half empty thinker. I guess you could say that I belong in the first category. 

There is only one empty thinker here. The guy that believes vaccine around the corner. However continue with your ED visa questions and wellbeing etc.

Entertaining at the best. I lean more to foolish side of the fence.

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

There is only one empty thinker here. The guy that believes vaccine around the corner. However continue with your ED visa questions and wellbeing etc.

Entertaining at the best. 

Lol I don't mind being entertaining to you. One thing I know for sure is that being pessimistic won't get you anywhere. And even if it sounds kinda foolish from time to time, trying to find different ways or loopholes might get you to find success. In the end you only need to get one yes. I don't mind getting rejected a 100 times before getting to that yes. Same with business and sales. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

You're either a glass half full , or a glass half empty thinker. I guess you could say that I belong in the first category. 

Realistically it's a long way off, it's just lip service to keep people happy that there is a way out coming. The campers are not happy though, either scared to come out or protesting/rioting.

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Realistically it's a long way off, it's just lip service to keep people happy that there is a way out coming. The campers are not happy though, either scared to come out or protesting/rioting.

Very true. Realistically that's definitely the case. Also let's say you rush a vaccine and it ends up making millions of people sick, that would be the end for you and your company. However, this is a race with crazy amounts of money involved. I know nothing about the pharma's but I can say for sure that the first to get to a release with a vaccination will be very, very wealthy. Clear incentive to get something out ASAP.

• Haha 1

Funny that everyone claims there is no insurance for covid.

I made a new policy in the end of March - all (around 4) insurance companies I asked covered corona related treatment unless you were tested positive before doing the contract.

Still does not matter. Thailand is closed and I feel they do not open any time soon. Maybe next year for me.

1 hour ago, Mulambana said:

Three groups of people come to Thailand 1. Bride seekers unable to find brides in their own country among their own cultures and languages, 2. Orgy seekers with limited fund who cant afford to engage in orgies in their own country, 3. Losers who cant make enough money in their home countries and come to Thailand to live in a 7,000 BHT dump and eat pork soup on the streets. 

Which group are you in?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Not many. But a lot of people do want to get into Thailand and are fine with paying for quarantine. Not everybody is on this forum.

No argument, e.g. many foreigners with work permits, and those who have been separated from family will no doubt be keen to get into the LOS. And no doubt they will pay the quarantine costs but I suggest many won't be happy with having to pay for 14 days quarantine/isolation in a luxury hotel at luxury hotel prices. And there will be some who (when all the associated costs are added up) just can't afford it and will need to wait it out until the whole situation becomes more relaxed and costs go down.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, window said:

How and who do you apply to for this? I have a Spouse Visa. I would like to register and get back home.

Rather than repeat the many requirements etc. Just read all the threads about this. Not mean to be rude but sounds like you have done very little research. The "first group" has PR holders and work permit holders along with others. Married guys next on list and that involves quarantine along with lot of other "stuff"

Very expensive and for some difficult.

Good luck.

4 minutes ago, scorecard said:

No argument, e.g. many foreigners with work permits, and those who have been separated from family will no doubt be keen to get into the LOS. And no doubt they will pay the quarantine costs but I suggest many won't be happy with having to pay for 14 days quarantine/isolation in a luxury hotel at luxury hotel prices. And there will be some who (when all the associated costs are added up) just can't afford it and will need to wait it out until the whole situation becomes more relaxed and costs go down.

I don't disagree with that. But why would that mean that if others can pay, that they are not allowed simply because one group cannot pay for it?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

I don't disagree with that. But why would that mean that if others can pay, that they are not allowed simply because one group cannot pay for it?

I didn't say or suggest anything like that scenario.

18 minutes ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Have another one. Guinness or ?

The main reason is to slow/control folk returning  with repatriation and the other groups such as PR etc down to married folk is that Thailand don't have capacity to quarantine what would be huge numbers. Hence stop start entries to Thailand are needed.

That's why in other thread they talk about "safe countries" not require quarantine. 

No surprise China was on list. 

UK was not. Plan on 2021 for many countries enter Los.

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have another one. Guinness or ?

The main reason is to slow/control folk returning  with repatriation and the other groups such as PR etc down to married folk is that Thailand don't have capacity to quarantine what would be huge numbers. Hence stop start entries to Thailand are needed.

That's why in other thread they talk about "safe countries" not require quarantine. 

No surprise China was on list. 

UK was not. Plan on 2021 for many countries enter Los.

I'd say you're drinking too much coffee since you're so bitter. ????

I totally get that, but then why is it possible for countries like South Korea to have enough quarantine spots available? Also I am not in the UK but your neigbouring country, the Netherlands. So let me guess your next comment will be about me "being high"? LOL 

Also funny how people have nothing better to do then to attack others while most of us are on the same mission to get back into Thailand, each for their own reasons.

Edited by reallyaffiliated