Some foreigners to be allowed to enter Thailand from July 1

webfact

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The main reason is to slow/control folk returning  with repatriation and the other groups such as PR etc down to married folk is that Thailand don't have capacity to quarantine what would be huge numbers.

There are reports now that the alternative quarantine program is to be extended to 9,000 beds.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

No problem. I have been very supportive of many guys trying to get back to Thailand. Especially those with families and even guys like me on annual extensions based on retirement caught out of Thailand. I'm not and certainly not smug about it.

In this thread you have banged on about looking at obtains ED visa or wellbeing rubbish. Your bottom of biscuit barrel in terms of the line to return to Los. Plan on next year. 

I so hope the family guys can get back soon. 

How entitled can you be? So just because you're old and on a retirement Visa you have more "rights" then me, a young 24 year old, trying to be with his girlfriend again? Seems like you're a bit out of touch with reality. 

• Haha 2

Just now, unheard said:

There are reports now that the alternative quarantine program is to be extended to 9,000 beds.

That would be excellent. So far all I have followed up on is the few hotels bkk that offer the required "packages"

Didn't show price. 

What would it be. 14 days with 3 meals and covid tests. 60k baht ? . Just a guess.

33 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Have another one. Guinness or ?

The main reason is to slow/control folk returning  with repatriation and the other groups such as PR etc down to married folk is that Thailand don't have capacity to quarantine what would be huge numbers. Hence stop start entries to Thailand are needed.

That's why in other thread they talk about "safe countries" not require quarantine. 

No surprise China was on list. 

UK was not. Plan on 2021 for many countries enter Los.

Don't agree that Thailand does not have the capacity with 700.000 hotel rooms and a huge health sector as well as huge immigration departments.

Tests are available in big numbers worldwide.

Very easy for professionals to organize this.

• Haha 1

Just now, reallyaffiliated said:

How entitled can you be? So just because you're old and on a retirement Visa you have more "rights" then me, a young 24 year old, trying to be with his girlfriend again? Seems like you're a bit out of touch with reality. 

You just confirmed what I already knew.

Starstruck. BTW retirement visa available at 50. Stay for time being in EU earn some money then see your "gf" future. Hopefully early 2021. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That would be excellent. So far all I have followed up on is the few hotels bkk that offer the required "packages"

Didn't show price.

I've seen a range of 35-150K, subject to availability.

2 minutes ago, Berti said:

Don't agree that Thailand does not have the capacity with 700.000 hotel rooms and a huge health sector as well as huge immigration departments.

Most ridiculous post I have read today.

I need take screenshot of this post. No one will believe it.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, unheard said:

I've seen a range of 35-150K, subject to availability.

Umm can't imagine 35k with 3 meals per day along with control staff and covid testing. I'm guessing closer to 65k.

What's you guess. Won't be cheap

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You just confirmed what I already knew.

Starstruck. BTW retirement visa available at 50. Stay for time being in EU earn some money then see your "gf" future. Hopefully early 2021. 

Earn some money? LOL I'm pretty sure I'm making more money (NET) every month than you make in a year. And why the "" around the word gf? Seems like you have had some horror stories yourself old man. (Also pretty sure my "gf" makes more money than you. ????

2 hours ago, window said:

How and who do you apply to for this? I have a Spouse Visa. I would like to register and get back home.

Get in touch with your local Thai embassy.

Just now, reallyaffiliated said:

Earn some money? LOL I'm pretty sure I'm making more money (NET) every month than you make in a year. And why the "" around the word gf? Seems like you have had some horror stories yourself old man. (Also pretty sure my "gf" makes more money than you. ????

Really showing your age 24. 

Your embarrassing yourself. Time block a child

29 minutes ago, Berti said:

We talk here about quarantine rooms, not dorms. People are supervised and medical personnel conduct Covid-19 tests. All on premise.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Most ridiculous post I have read today.

I need take screenshot of this post. No one will believe it.

You have my permission to frame it and hang onto your wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a Thai Daughter(8 years old), my name is on the Birth Certificate. I have a house and I could easily quarantine. I am not married to the Mother but we have been together for over 20 years. Would I be able to travel to on the basis I have family over there?

27 minutes ago, Gjk7777 said:

I have a Thai Daughter(8 years old), my name is on the Birth Certificate. I have a house and I could easily quarantine. I am not married to the Mother but we have been together for over 20 years. Would I be able to travel to on the basis I have family over there?

Is she registered in your home country as your daughter? Many embassies require supporting documents as proof of.paternity.
Get in touch with your local Thai embassy. They decide if you qualify.

“The CCSA says skilled workers, experts, those with Thai families, teachers, students and ‘medical tourists’ will be allowed to enter the country starting next month.”

Please note: If you believe you fall into any of the categories being offered for re-entry by the Thai Government at this time, then please contact your local Thai Embassy in your country to discuss your situation.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/potential-low-risk-countries-to-reboot-thailand-inbound-travel

12 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Just got this 5 min ago from the Embassy in Wa DC:

Under the Declaration of an Emergency Situation, which is effective from 26 March 2020 to 30 June 2020, all foreigners are not allowed to enter Thailand, except for (1) Diplomatic, Consular or International Organization representatives, (2) Those with a valid work permit or those who have been given permission to work in Thailand and (3) Those given special exception by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons. Please click here for more information.

Those given special exceptions by the Thai Government for urgent medical or humanitarian reasons.

- Those with urgent medical needs should contact your Embassy/Consulate in Thailand to request permission to enter Thailand directly from the Thai government. The Embassy cannot issue visas unless it has been given permission from the Thai government.

- Foreigners who are married to Thai nationals or foreigners who are children of Thai nationals with an urgent need to travel to Thailand may fill the information online to request a Certificate of Entry and visa. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, taking into account urgency and humanitarian reasons

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/06/22/foreignerswithnono/

So, you have to make all kinds of money payments to then apply and maybe get in.  Have flight paid for, have 2 weeks quarantine lodging arranged and paid for, have you visa paid for, with no guarantee you will get in.  It is not the given the article makes it out to be.

Given they need a paid flight and it says to contact the Embassy for repatriation flights, I have contacted the Embassy on what flights are available.  Will let you know.

Just received an e-mail from the Embassy, only Thai citizens get on repatriation flights here in the US.  I have also just e-mailed the the Embassy to confirm that you need a flight and quarantine accommodation already paid for before you even know if you will get your COE approved (enough speculation on what I am reading).  When you follow the links to the application, it is the online Visa application site which, for non-O, requires flight details meaning you have to have a flight booked.  I stopped at that point and sent the e-mail.  Will keeps all informed.

Edited by DrPhibes
Typo
  • Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 10:36 AM, kiever said:

How I can be a medical Wellness tourist ?

I told the Thai consulate that I was depressed and needed the heat in thailand and the comfort of a few ladies in Pattaya ... preferably together as in 3 somes ...they haven’t answered yet . 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Didn't show price. 

What would it be. 14 days with 3 meals and covid tests. 60k baht ? . Just a guess.

Agree, let's hope that if it is expanded they are not all 'luxury' hotel rooms. 

2 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Enough thanks, please desist.

49 minutes ago, CLS said:

Is she registered in your home country as your daughter? Many embassies require supporting documents as proof of.paternity.
Get in touch with your local Thai embassy. They decide if you qualify.

“The CCSA says skilled workers, experts, those with Thai families, teachers, students and ‘medical tourists’ will be allowed to enter the country starting next month.”

Please note: If you believe you fall into any of the categories being offered for re-entry by the Thai Government at this time, then please contact your local Thai Embassy in your country to discuss your situation.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/potential-low-risk-countries-to-reboot-thailand-inbound-travel

She has an English passport, so I guess she is registered. Thanks for your reply, very helpful. 

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

I have also just e-mailed the the Embassy to confirm that you need a flight and quarantine accommodation already paid for before you even know if you will get your COE approved (enough speculation on what I am reading).

The guidelines are clear but sound unreasonable thus open for interpretation.

Please let us know if you hear back from them.

I have a suspicion that they won't respond or if they do will just send you a link with the already posted requirements.

Have you noticed that they don't ask for any supporting documents as a proof of the previously booked flight like a copy of the paid ticket confirmation? I think there's a reason for that.

Also it wasn't the embassy that put those requirements on the application.

The rules have been in made in Thailand then distributed to the embassies.

If I read it correctly the embassy is not involved at all in the approval process.

Your filled out form being relayed back to to Thailand without any input from the embassy.

6 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Just wondering how she makes that money.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, reallyaffiliated said:

Lol something wrong with you mentally?

I want to learn. Tell me the fourth group, please. I think I have covered 98%. May be there is another 2% which I hardly meet like corporate employees from another country but most I have met are married so they  don't seek brides in Thailand.

Edited by Mulambana
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, johnch99 said:
On 6/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The Covid-19 Negative Certificate seems difficult to obtain, particularly within the 72 hr time limit. 

In UK people can get a Covid-19 test (I’ve had one), but, we are only contacted if the result is positive. Obviously we are then told to isolate and ‘track and trace’ is employed (everyone we’ve been in contact with also has to self isolate). With the regular tests we do not receive any notification or certificate if the result is negative. 

I am struggling to find anyone who could provide a Covid-19 free certificate. 

In the UK https://samedaydoctor.org seems as though they may issue a Covid-19 free certificate, but that would involve travelling into a potential 'hot-spot’ (London or Manchester) for a test when there are no cases in my area of the UK’s quiet countryside. 

you should of got any email say your result was negative

Says who???? - its widely known that people are only contacted if the test is positive. 

The alternate is to go for a Covid-19 test a private clinic - ±£200 and a 1-3 day response.