Bangkok school director suspected of food-budget corruption

snoop1130

Bangkok school director suspected of food-budget corruption 

By The Nation

800_8e08dd55f726fc0.jpg

Photo Credit to ชมรมstrongต้านทุจริตประเทศไทย

A school in Bangkok’s Yannawa district gave students instant noodles for breakfast and sold free school milk at Bt5 a cup, claims an online anti-corruption watchdog.

Findings revealed on the Thai Anti-Corruption Club’s Facebook page include video of school cooks pouring state-subsidised free milk into a pot. Parents of the students are now demanding to know what the school is doing with its food budget.

Wat Yannawa School’s director allegedly ordered canteen staff to cook fried eggs and omelette or semi-instant noodles with minced chicken, dishes which cost about Bt15 per portion. However, the school reportedly spends about Bt200,000 a month to hire Napat Food Co Ltd to produce dishes at Bt40 per portion. The difference between the state budget and money spent on meals has sparked growing concern that corruption may have occurred.

The school director also allegedly told teachers and other staff to sell snacks and soda to students, with surveillance cameras installed to monitor whether they were following the instruction. Meanwhile, parents are reportedly prohibited from entering the school’s canteen, according to the Anti-Corruption Club.

Full Story: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390224?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-24

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

How do you know that.. rumor or have you seen proof. I mean if there is proof plenty of anti corruption agencies like this one that can take action if there is real proof. 

don't hold your breath ...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Wat Yannawa School’s director allegedly ordered canteen staff to cook fried eggs and omelette or semi-instant noodles with minced chicken, dishes which cost about Bt15 per portion. However, the school reportedly spends about Bt200,000 a month to hire Napat Food Co Ltd to produce dishes at Bt40 per portion. The difference between the state budget and money spent on meals has sparked growing concern that corruption may have occurred.

Greed and corruption in every institute.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, robblok said:

How do you know that.. rumor or have you seen proof. I mean if there is proof plenty of anti corruption agencies like this one that can take action if there is real proof. 

My stepdaughter oversees the fund and has been warned to keep her mouth shut or she will lose her job. A snitch will never get another government job, so she goes to work practically in tears each day with that threat hanging over her head. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

My stepdaughter oversees the fund and has been warned to keep her mouth shut or she will lose her job. A snitch will never get another government job, so she goes to work practically in tears each day with that threat hanging over her head. 

no one is forcing her to work there. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, robblok said:

remember about a year or so ago the whole situation that came about with the welfare money. after the investigation was done it was found that almost every single province was involved. 

lets not pretend corruption isn't a human issue though. 

5 baht a cup. Everyone knows there is a milk budget, and that the milk is free. It was at all the schools I taught at out in the provinces. Cartons and cartons delivered each day. So much that many times not all of it could be handed out, and so teachers would ask parents to come pick up the excess, and hand it out to their families, or people in their neighborhoods.

9 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

That sounds really virtuous Mr Mr, but I'm afraid it's not that easy. Teachers don't have the liberty to quit and then move to any school they wish. She has to be at this school for so many years before she can request a transfer; and even when that time comes, if a position isn't available then she will be s**t out of luck. If a position is available, then all the teachers who have money to pay under the table will have first choice regardless of their scores on tests. The smartest teachers with no money to pay corruption fees are always left behind. She's stuck between a rock and a hard place. If she quits her job she won't be given another one. The system has her by the short hairs! 

Please post correctly, why are you saying she has to be at this school for so many years?

When that is not correct, go on tell me i am wrong, my school director wife is sitting next to me as i am typing this, she tells me 1 year, not several years.

Now only difference is, a new teacher starting now has to stay at that school for 4 years.

Please stop your nonsense about all the teachers that pay under the table will have first choice.

I feel you are just making up any excuse you can.

The system has her by the short and curlies, absolute BS.

• Sad 1

On 6/24/2020 at 6:12 PM, snoop1130 said:

instant noodles for breakfast

They care for their children and want to make sure they get a dose of MSG and wax every morning to start the day off right. This helps explain the high IQ scores. Milk an extra 5 baht. ???????? 

On 6/25/2020 at 6:00 PM, colinneil said:

Please post correctly, why are you saying she has to be at this school for so many years?

When that is not correct, go on tell me i am wrong, my school director wife is sitting next to me as i am typing this, she tells me 1 year, not several years.

Now only difference is, a new teacher starting now has to stay at that school for 4 years.

Please stop your nonsense about all the teachers that pay under the table will have first choice.

I feel you are just making up any excuse you can.

The system has her by the short and curlies, absolute BS.

Oh dear the Naivety. So the school directors wife says so and thats a done deal.?. You are a comedian  

• Sad 1