Are Cigarettes turning to s**t in Thailand?

redwood1

2 minutes ago, wobblyjohn said:

Maybe all copies from Laos 

Family Mart and 7-11 have never sold copies......

The cigs the motorcycle guys sell .....Yea those are all copies and just terrible smokes....  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not hard to imagine the quality suffering if some portion of the supply chain has been locked down for months and months.

OTOH, changes in the sense of taste and smell is one of the symptoms...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I buy Wonder red, break them apart and mix the tobacco with Black Cat rolling tobacco, then make roll-ups with the mixture. I find Wonder too mild, Black Cat too harsh, so I blend to suit my taste.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Family Mart and 7-11 have never sold copies......

The cigs the motorcycle guys sell .....Yea those are all copies and just terrible smokes....  

Even if the packet clearly says "made in Switzerland under authority of Philip Morris?

thaisabai

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Surely the smoking ban will be enforced once the bars open?

I know before the lockdown there was several bars banned it because it was believed to be a spreader of coronavirus.

There has been an hypothesis that smokers are not as susceptible to Covid19 infection, which seems to be counter-intuitive, considering impaired lung function of most smokers 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

There has been an hypothesis that smokers are not as susceptible to Covid19 infection, which seems to be counter-intuitive, considering impaired lung function of most smokers 

Which article would that be, counter intuitive for sure if there is any validity to the statement.

Cigarettes are sh!t any where and in every country, why do people want to fill their insides with smoke, I have no sympathy with anyone over the age of 50 who does this sort of thing.

There have been plenty of warnings about what this does to your health, so there is no excuse

for such stupidity.

• Like 1

It's been a lot longer than a month ago since Thai smokes have been degraded. 

Since the generic packaging, Mevius (formerly Mild 7) has really sunk to a new low. Previous to that, the Mevius Sky Blues and Wind Blues took a big turn for the worse two or three years ago. They used to be a really smooth smoke. 

Switched to Camel Blues recently. Not as bad as I thought they would be since I tend to dislike US cigs. And the 60 baht price does wonders for the wallet compared to the 150 baht for Mevius and 145 for Marlboros (which I really dislike). 

The Cambodian and Viet Mevius cigs are so much better and only 45 baht and 35 baht respectively. 

• Like 2

I've never smoked but this thread caught my interest as on my walks around Pattaya during these covid times I've tried paying attention to what little is going on around me, and one thing I'd been saying to myself a lot as I walked past a smoker - "Damn those Thai cigarettes smell rough". I can't remember thinking that in the past. But then maybe that was in the days of having better things to think about ????

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aliflair said:

I've never smoked but this thread caught my interest as on my walks around Pattaya during these covid times I've tried paying attention to what little is going on around me, and one thing I'd been saying to myself a lot as I walked past a smoker - "Damn those Thai cigarettes smell rough". I can't remember thinking that in the past. But then maybe that was in the days of having better things to think about ????

A lot less pollution as well to assault your nasal passages, so cigarette smoke more obvious

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

It's been a lot longer than a month ago since Thai smokes have been degraded. 

Since the generic packaging, Mevius (formerly Mild 7) has really sunk to a new low. Previous to that, the Mevius Sky Blues and Wind Blues took a big turn for the worse two or three years ago. They used to be a really smooth smoke. 

Switched to Camel Blues recently. Not as bad as I thought they would be since I tend to dislike US cigs. And the 60 baht price does wonders for the wallet compared to the 150 baht for Mevius and 145 for Marlboros (which I really dislike). 

The Cambodian and Viet Mevius cigs are so much better and only 45 baht and 35 baht respectively. 

Nowt wrong with the camels, swapped from L&M blues to Camel blues months ago.... have save a sheet load of coin.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaisabai said:

Even if the packet clearly says "made in Switzerland under authority of Philip Morris?

thaisabai

For a few $$$, I can get set up to print the packs and cartons to say "Made on the moon, with tobacco grown on Mars"

Doesn't make it so.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Surely the smoking ban will be enforced once the bars open?

I know before the lockdown there was several bars banned it because it was believed to be a spreader of coronavirus.

There has to be designated smoking areas. It's one of the 22 rules. No ban and why would there be?

• Like 1