Are Cigarettes turning to s**t in Thailand?

redwood1

23 hours ago, timendres said:

The smokes in Thailand have always been s**t, regardless of brand.

Thailand! You have a monopoly! Have some pride, and produce a decent smoke. I would pay a serious premium for real quality, like American Spirit for example.

The tobacco monopoly doesnt produce marlboro.

A few years ago, ok maybe 20, they attempted to squeeze phillip morris out if the market and marlboro got very scarce.

Personally I like lm, amd smoke the 7.1 mini cigarettes. They are very nearly half the price of marlboro.

That said all cigarretes are <deleted>.

Edited by n00dle

On 6/25/2020 at 2:53 AM, champers said:

Rolling your own is an option. A bit time consuming and they stain your fingers but are cheaper than ready made and better tasting. All the paraphanalia and tobacco is available from Best Supermarket on 2nd Road and Foodland on Tai. Asian Gold is decent baccy.

Having said all that I currently buy ready made, L&M red. They are OK for me till I pack in ... again.

I used to buy L M till they went up try camel yellow at 60 baht.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Yep, that is my choice also, have been smoking them for quite a while now, suite me in a number of ways. I have been using a cigarette case for many years now (was sick of the soft packets crumpling up in my pockets) and, the case I like you can get more of these into it. Never trying to be flash with the case, just sensible.

Also changed the insert of my Zippo to the gas module because I was pi$$ed off with the dehydration of the petrol in this climate. One of the better moves I've made; if anyone uses a zippo here, these are highly recommended...............:thumbsup:

Been carrying around a Zippo for years and never used it because it would run out way too fast compared to a regular Bic. Did not know about gas inserts. Know anywhere I can buy an insert? Bangkok/Pattaya? Thanks.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Been carrying around a Zippo for years and never used it because it would run out way too fast compared to a regular Bic. Did not know about gas inserts. Know anywhere I can buy an insert? Bangkok/Pattaya? Thanks.

I got mine through Lazada, but looking at my old links they are out of stock at the minute. That said, you can still contact the seller direct through the pages. Here are two different sellers:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/zippo-butane-lighter-insert-double-torch-i536386737-s970508535.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistbrand.list.19.350a5118Ab5Z82&search=1

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/butane-lighter-insert-double-torch-i848070674-s1719894779.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistbrand.list.31.350a5118QChZ6s&search=1

The inserts come in one, two or four torches, I find that the two torch versions works great. A little hint if you do get one, on the first one I got the actual igniter was pushed flat against the inside of the wind guard and I had to bend it into position for it to ignite the torches. Has worked fine since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

There has been an hypothesis that smokers are not as susceptible to Covid19 infection, which seems to be counter-intuitive, considering impaired lung function of most smokers 

The virus doesn't like smoke; same as all the non-smoking trolls in this thread.

http://www.rfi.fr/en/science-and-technology/20200423-french-researchers-suggest-nicotine-could-protect-against-covid-19

• Like 1