Jump to content
BANGKOK
finy

Other Asian countries opening up soon?

Recommended Posts

There doesn't look like much hope for Cambodia and Malaysia opening up by 31st July.

 

Has anyone seen any news from countries like Sri Lanka or Philippines?

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vietnam E visa system back in operation on July 1st. 

However no confirmation of who can enter or on what conditions.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So you are just asking people to join in on guesswork and silly supposition which will achieve precisely nothing?

 

Governments are changing policies from one week to the next, as news of the virus comes in, but you have already decided that Malaysia and Cambodia won't be ready to open by July 31st.

 

Your assumptions are based on what?

 

Do you honestly think that many people of influence are not exerting just that, to get the borders open and trade flowing again?

 

This is crucifying economies.

 

By the way, Cambodia's borders are not closed. They just have certain restrictions in place and criteria to follow to enter.

 

 

 

 

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 2:45 AM, cleopatra2 said:

Vietnam E visa system back in operation on July 1st. 

However no confirmation of who can enter or on what conditions.

Not for tourists before long time... 😞

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

By the way, Cambodia's borders are not closed. They just have certain restrictions in place and criteria to follow to enter.

Similar situation in Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos...

Some people can enter, but tourists can't.   😞

(because of border closed, or no visa available)

Edited by Pattaya46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sri Lanka and Maldives plan to open in July. Turkey, which has his biggest part in Asia, is desperate for visitors.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Other than what’s put out is a guesstimate.... one thing discouraging if going to Cambodia as a foreigner your required to deposit $3,000 USD.

 

Following on US Embassy website...

 

On June 10, authorities announced a requirement that all foreign travelers entering Cambodia pay a deposit of $3,000 upon arrival at airports for mandatory COVID-19 testing and potential treatment services. 

Edited by DJ54
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cambodia, not so simple

 

Cambodian Health Ministry brings in $3,000 deposit for all foreign arrivals

Asia News

June 12, 2020 

 

Any foreigner planning on entering Cambodia from 11 June will be required to pay a US$3,000 deposit as well as other fees relating to coronavirus testing.

 

Cambodian Finance Minister, Aun Pornmoinroth, announced the decision following a request by the Ministry of Health to charge foreigners for all Covid-19-related expenses.

 

The new requirements are in addition to the rules that require foreigners intending to travel to Cambodia to possess a health certificate issued less than 72-hours prior to departure stating the traveller is free of coronavirus, in addition to having a minimum of $50,000 health insurance.

 

The Cambodian government has previously born the costs of screening arriving passengers and the medical treatment for those who test positive after arriving from abroad.

 

All arrivals to Cambodia, whether locals or foreigners, must currently go to waiting centres and undergo a Covid-19 test. They must stay there until the results are clear, usually around 24 hours.

 

Foreigners must now pay for all expenses, including US$5 for the transport between the border and a waiting centre, $100 for the coronavirus test, $30 for a day at the centre, and $30 for meals.

 

To ensure all foreign arrivals pay the fees, $3,000 will be collected from visitors with the charges deducted from the deposit before it is returned.

 

Anyone testing positive for Covid-19, everyone on their flight will need to undergo 14 days of quarantine, with foreigners required to pay $84 per day for the duration.

 

Foreigners testing positive for Covid-19 have to pay $225 per day for hospital treatment.

 

The Health Ministry added that a charge of $1,500 will be levied for cremation services in the event of death.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So damaged is the world economy, that when countries realise they now face more death, destruction and misery than this years routine flu, which has a kill rate of 0.003%, they might fling open the doors to tourism. Problem is by that time only a small percentage of people are solvent enough and in the mood for a holiday.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Cambodia, not so simple

 

Cambodian Health Ministry brings in $3,000 deposit for all foreign arrivals

Asia News

June 12, 2020 

 

Any foreigner planning on entering Cambodia from 11 June will be required to pay a US$3,000 deposit as well as other fees relating to coronavirus testing.

 

Cambodian Finance Minister, Aun Pornmoinroth, announced the decision following a request by the Ministry of Health to charge foreigners for all Covid-19-related expenses.

 

The new requirements are in addition to the rules that require foreigners intending to travel to Cambodia to possess a health certificate issued less than 72-hours prior to departure stating the traveller is free of coronavirus, in addition to having a minimum of $50,000 health insurance.

 

The Cambodian government has previously born the costs of screening arriving passengers and the medical treatment for those who test positive after arriving from abroad.

 

All arrivals to Cambodia, whether locals or foreigners, must currently go to waiting centres and undergo a Covid-19 test. They must stay there until the results are clear, usually around 24 hours.

 

Foreigners must now pay for all expenses, including US$5 for the transport between the border and a waiting centre, $100 for the coronavirus test, $30 for a day at the centre, and $30 for meals.

 

To ensure all foreign arrivals pay the fees, $3,000 will be collected from visitors with the charges deducted from the deposit before it is returned.

 

Anyone testing positive for Covid-19, everyone on their flight will need to undergo 14 days of quarantine, with foreigners required to pay $84 per day for the duration.

 

Foreigners testing positive for Covid-19 have to pay $225 per day for hospital treatment.

 

The Health Ministry added that a charge of $1,500 will be levied for cremation services in the event of death.

That is a conclusive statement , however posts 5 and 7 must be wrong as there is no mention of tourists being refused entry from a direct flight to Phnom Penh, only strict and costly rules and is post 4 correct ?  but who would want to go to Cambodia under those potentially expensive rules ?

Loss of tourist revenue must be huge especially for the number one attraction Siem Reap Angkor Wat at $37 entry for a single day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it seems like it's just Vietnam soon.

 

Did that 1 month visa thing ever come into affect?

 

And maybe Sri Lanka soon too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sri Lanka and Maldives would be great. Never been there.

And Thais could go too without visa.

Also little covid official cases, so likely be part of some kind of Thai travel bubble. Would potentially be a good "few weeks stopover" to avoid Thai quarantine later this year, if they do not use the passport country for determination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, DJ54 said:

Other than what’s put out is a guesstimate.... one thing discouraging if going to Cambodia as a foreigner your required to deposit $3,000 USD.

 

Following on US Embassy website...

 

On June 10, authorities announced a requirement that all foreign travelers entering Cambodia pay a deposit of $3,000 upon arrival at airports for mandatory COVID-19 testing and potential treatment services. 

I wonder if they found a sucker yet?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...