U.S. court orders dismissal of case against former Trump aide Michael Flynn

webfact

4 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Boo Hoo, your <deleted>ty charges aren't sticking. 

From the OP:

...Wednesday's ruling will likely be appealed to a larger panel of the federal appeals court.

:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Tug said:

Another trump low point the corruption of the justice department is a knife in the heart of our democracy imo it’s nothing to cheer about unless the cheering people are enemies of democracy and rule of law

Now I really thought the USA was a republic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Hard to believe, but Trump's packing the court with extreme right-wing judges like Neomi Rao on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals has paid off for Trump and Flynn.  Rao holds the view, among others, that the president does not have to respond to any subpoena from Congress, for example.  In the Flynn case the two Republican judges have decided that Flynn should be allowed to walk away from his multiple guilty pleas.  It is possible that the Circuit Court will review that decision en banc, i.e. with all of the appellate judges participating, before it becomes final, but it's too early to know if that review will happen.

This is a black day for the American judiciary.

"This is a black day for the American judiciary"

Democracy ,it ain't always pretty, you got a better idea! 

Its been almost two hundred and fifty years of some good  decisions and bad ones !

It makes me wonder if sully was shown  the original  302's ,in there entirety 

5 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

It was a black day when the FBI entrapped Flynn. It was a black day when he drew politically motivated and biased Judge. 

It is a black day because the media continue to try and tie Trump to the meddling that Russia did in the election and people continue to believe it even though the Mueller investigation found no wrong doing by the Trump campaign. 

What is the original sin here! Is it Flynn's lying or the cover up of Flynn's interview ,which all came about from requesting  those notes of the (so called  career professionals in the fbi) , that took two years to get!

I guess comey(recommended for prosecution) really thought he could stymie Trumps moves in those early years into getting all the evidence and acting on it,especially knowing Trump couldn't make a move until sessions was out(recuse) and muellers investigation was over,knowing Trump would be held for obstruction if he interceded by firing him!   

The obama admin , Doj  and intel have much to explain!  

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, cmarshall said:

Hard to believe, but Trump's packing the court with extreme right-wing judges like Neomi Rao on the DC Circuit Court of Appeals has paid off for Trump and Flynn.  Rao holds the view, among others, that the president does not have to respond to any subpoena from Congress, for example.  In the Flynn case the two Republican judges have decided that Flynn should be allowed to walk away from his multiple guilty pleas.  It is possible that the Circuit Court will review that decision en banc, i.e. with all of the appellate judges participating, before it becomes final, but it's too early to know if that review will happen.

This is a black day for the American judiciary.

Has any president put enemies on the courts? Of course not.

Your view is pointless, IMO.

However, the US system of politically appointed judges is a crock of <deleted>, and judges should be appointed by a non political process.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Has any president put enemies on the courts? Of course not.

Your view is pointless, IMO.

However, the US system of politically appointed judges is a crock of <deleted>, and judges should be appointed by a non political process.

And as we have seen, some appointments don't work out as hoped

• 2 months later...
25 minutes ago, candide said:

After having been explained that I understood nothing about this case by Trumper quarterback lawyers, I tend now to think that I understood quite well. ???? 

Appeals court denies Michael Flynn and Justice Department's effort to end his case

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/31/politics/michael-flynn-court-case/index.html

Yup they haven’t totally corrupted the justice system yet Many Are Getting Arrested MAGA LOL!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yup they haven’t totally corrupted the justice system yet Many Are Getting Arrested MAGA LOL!

This time it was a full court decision: 8-2 (I guess the same 2 as in the previous decision by only 3 judges).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, candide said:

After having been explained that I understood nothing about this case by Trumper quarterback lawyers, I tend now to think that I understood quite well. ???? 

Appeals court denies Michael Flynn and Justice Department's effort to end his case

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/31/politics/michael-flynn-court-case/index.html

LOL.  I've personally witnessed corruption within the courts firsthand.  Go ahead and believe in "justice" as long as it favours your political persuasion.  Of course if it doesn't favour you (and I'm not talking about you here specifically, candide) then feel free to call out, in this instance William Barr, as a Trump henchman for dismissing the case.  Flip flop, flip flop . . . whatever suits the purpose.

I will guarantee that this case is going to the Supreme Court.  What is clear is that some people are absolutely desperate in silencing Flynn as he is not allowed to speak or write as long as this case is not settled.  Flynn knows too much.

• Thanks 1