Pattaya: Bars and clubs won't open despite bans ending

webfact

6 minutes ago, robblok said:
10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Will they arrest anybody? Or will they more likely demand money to look the other way?

Depends a bit who is watching. How much they need a camera moment.

Correct. I guess I will go to Crazy House. That's probably one of the last places they will control or shut down.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

They will only enforce it for a few days, but I have to admit I'd be a bit concerned if I was in one of those bars during the first few days that they are enforcing.

lol I bet you a Million Dollars they dont !!

Thailand has done superbly over Covid and if a few here think now or in the future expats and tourists will allow that to be trashed than think again

• Confused 5
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mr mr said:

what virus ?

31 days with no cases. closed borders.

Borders are opening again havent you read.. so called travel bubble. If they kept the borders completely closed it might be safe. That is if you believe that there really are no more local infections and testing is donce correctly. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I do as well, 

but not everyone does.

I was yesterday at Foodland Thonglor, there was a lady at the entry asking questions to the young lady doing the temperature,  and the Thaichana or writing on a list, check.

Quickly we were 4 persons waiting, the manager (I suppose ) came and told us we could enter without any check at all.

The same happened to me recently.

I fully understand her. We are checked at the entrance to "Eight". It is a 2 minute walk to Foodland from there. Is our temperature really going to rise in those 2 minutes?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I suppose not strange for the manager, by not wanting to maybe upset the customers and maybe lose them.

By the way, I and the 3 other customers didn't insist the rules had to been followed.

The keeping distances is nowhere respected or implemented, where ever I go here., my wife has same experiences on open markets in Nongprue.

You may of course have a different experience,

which anyway prove it is not generally followed.

Once bars, pubs..also opens, it is practically impossible that

government put police everywhere, at every business, it is already not possible now.

Which mean people ( customers, owners, tenants...) trespass the law daily.

And will continue to do it.

Then there is no point at all anymore to have any rules. I mean if rules are not followed strictly then they are ineffective and we might as well not have them at all.

Its either one or the other. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

Borders are opening again havent you read.. so called travel bubble. If they kept the borders completely closed it might be safe. That is if you believe that there really are no more local infections and testing is donce correctly. 

look me in the eye and tell me that this government's response to the crisis has not been outstanding ? tip top. top shelf. a homerun. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1