LOST BIKE LICENCE ?

oh dash it ## just got back from transport office after transfer of new bike (new to me, no plate) taxed till JANUARY  next year, arrived home the ***ing chinese licence holder has fallen apart. and my licence is now between my condo and the licencing centre 20ks away, i have proof of taxation, what do i do now please, not more bloody paperwork is it, i have read up on it, some say go to cop shop, some say dont bother, i cannot take GREEN BOOK as they have taken it, said come back in ONE MONTH  <deleted>.

Edited by mercman24
  • Confused 1

You were told the correct thing, report the loss to the police, get a report and go back to DLT to order a replacement plate. Happened to me 2 years ago, PITA, but that's more or less the same I would need to do in Switzerland 

• Like 1

Maybe can still find it on the route ....! (well, long shot I guess).

I now make a good colour copy of my tax and put it in one of those flimsy tubes on the bike,  original is with me...

Edited by Agusts

Wrong topic title (you didn't lose your license), all caps, wrong forum... too stressed out? ????

Go to the DLT, tell them the situation and ask what you should do.

You are not supposed to ride without a plate or document proof that the bike was recently purchased. The road tax sticker wouldn't help with that.

i have the proof or rather they have, going through the process of getting a new plate THEIR WORDS  say takes 3 weeks , and i have the bit of paper that comes with a new licence to say its taxed until jan 2021