Jump to content
BANGKOK
ratcatcher

Annoying ads on Utube

Recommended Posts

This is a cry for help. I enjoy watching Utube on my Huawei mobile, but nearly every video I watch starts with one of these annoying repetitious ads from Peace Boat, Lazada, Shopee, Wester Union and other sponsors. Is there anyway to block these. I have AdBlocker installed. What's wrong? Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply Jai Dee, but I have the Utube Icon on my screen and how does one change the URL and add any symbol? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it´s not. That is made for Youtubers making money, and is built into the video feed not the webpage. Adblocker only blocks ad on a webpage.

 

Just something you have to live with watching free and pirated videos and films. If you not want ads and commercial you buy a service instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There's no way around it if you use the mobile app after all YouTube's bread and butter are ads. A solution you might find is connecting with a VPN to a country where at your current time is night, then it's less likely that ads are served.

 

If you want no ads there is YouTube premium subscription, not too sure.

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Try blokada, works on android. There is a specific host list setting which can be applied to help with the you tube ads.

 

Or for an alternative YouTube apk, try smartyoutubetv.

 

Try Firefox browser, brave browser, bromite browser, kiwi browser.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Thanks for the reply Jai Dee, but I have the Utube Icon on my screen and how does one change the URL and add any symbol? 

You must be using the YouTube app.

 

The fix I referred to in the link above is for watching YouTube videos in a browser.

You add the full stop (period) to the URL of the video in the address bar in your browser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jai Dee said:

You must be using the YouTube app.

 

The fix I referred to in the link above is for watching YouTube videos in a browser.

You add the full stop (period) to the URL of the video in the address bar in your browser.

Yes, correct, it was installed on my Huawei when it was given to me as a gift a year ago. But as Matzzon said, if the ads are built in to the videos, then can an Adblock remove them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youtube premium sorts the advert issue and at Bt.4.00 per day a relative bargain.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sundown said:

There's no way around it if you use the mobile app after all YouTube's bread and butter are ads. A solution you might find is connecting with a VPN to a country where at your current time is night, then it's less likely that ads are served.

 

If you want no ads there is YouTube premium subscription, not too sure.

youtube premium user here... no ads  when viewing on my phone via the APP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a bit of research on the whirled wide web it would appear that there is no way to completely remove ads from the YouTube app... unless you become a YouTube Premium subscriber.

 

Capture.JPG

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could also try you tube vanced which could do what you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Five second wait to click past the ad. I have never felt the need to pay to avoid that. But then again, I played with sticks when I was a kid.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...