Editing

stroll

First, my posts haven't been edited(as far as I know), that's not what this is about.

I have noticed several other editings or deletions, though, and sometimes it seems less than consistent policy.

I wonder, do mods see things us mortals don't, i.e. posters computer ID, or is it simply individual mods acting differently within the guidelines?

Sometimes posts are edited with a short note from mod, sometimes one wouldn't know it has been edited/deleted unless one read it before.

I would appreciate a standard blurb, i.e. 'has been edited by...'.

Editing oneself: Sometimes a note appears, edited by...(poster themselves), some times it doesn't. Is there a timeout, when one corrects it quickly (happens to me a lot) the note doesn't appear, or is it certain #### words that trigger the note?

Just curious how it works.

I have made some unintentional duplicate posts, when hitting the 'add reply' button twice when connection was slow (jai yen yen, I know!), is there a way one can undo this oneself?

Last, going beyond topic, sometimes one wonders why people stop posting, of course there are a variety of reasons, but I suggest to make a list available, of members banned and stating banned for how long. Could be educational as well and save a lot of guess work.

Edited by tukyleith

Believe you can edit your own posts as long as the thread is not closed by admin.

When editing yourself, you have a choice to mark Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?

You can as well delete the text in a double posting and add the "Edit line because of double posting".

When edited by George or Dr. I recall having seen the same line with an explanation why. Perhaps not always?

Your last point, I think is a fair proposal. If banning is necessary why not make an announcement. Although, I feel a bit childish to use banning as education. But perhaps it is necessary?

Personally, I saw people banned and others stay where I could not understand why in either case. But this for sure is a controversial job of admin which I will not question but repeat, it would be helpful to see who is banned.

Then we know, others just got bored, or went on business trip or vacation or whatever.

Edited by tukyleith

Thanks for the explanation, I am not the brightest dub in working computers or reading instructions, as you know by now.

I could tell you what the admin/mods see Stroll, but then I would have to un-register you :o

Edited by tukyleith

Thanks for the explanation, I am not the brightest dub in working computers or reading instructions, as you know by now.

I could tell you what the admin/mods see Stroll, but then I would have to un-register you :o

We are surrounded by lotsa people hereabouts that could be described as not the sharpest tools in the shed.