Thai vaccine could be ready by ‘early next year’, says Anutin

webfact

4 minutes ago, J Town said:

Masks?

There's an irony there.  Bionet is a French-Thai company.

It was a French surgeon 120 years ago who was the first person to use a face mask, to protect the patient from infectious diseases from the surgeon.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

“The ministry is working with Bionet-Asia to develop a DNA-type vaccine for Covid-19, and the latest tests on mice show a significant antibody response,” Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Thursday (June 25).

Covid-19 is an RNA virus.

OK. I'm assuming you're having a go at A-Nut-In here? (Difficult not to, I know)

For the hard-of-learning like me, does that mean antibodies are irrelevant/not present in Covid-19?

6 minutes ago, J Town said:
7 minutes ago, Antiparovian said:

Covid-19 is an RNA virus.

You had me at the proper use of "an."

Yeah. it works with phonetic vowel sounds. (hence 'a university', as that sounds like it begins with a 'y')

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

OK. I'm assuming you're having a go at A-Nut-In here? (Difficult not to, I know)

For the hard-of-learning like me, does that mean antibodies are irrelevant/not present in Covid-19?

Yes, though though the RNA in Covid-19,is the Antigen, we produce Antibodies vs the Antigen.

4 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Great news following on their cure for Bird Flu (kill all the birds), Mad Cow (kill all the cows), HIV (no sex) and Corona (stop people drinking that brand of beer). Well done!

Don't forget it was Mao Zedong who had the first 'kill all the birds' idea, resulting in mass starvation.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Pests_Campaign

• Like 2

But I thought that back in February Thai doctors had the cure for the Wuhan Virus. HAHAHA!

Thailand is good a manufacturing drugs others have developed, that's about the extent of it. Given the quality of the universities here, I'd be VERY reluctant to put anything in my body developed from a Thai research facility. But I'm happy to see that Anutin would be a guinea pig for this experiment.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"We are planning to share the formula with the world????

Anutin blabbing again. Maybe ready by early next year? I know of no other country in the world where the government has made such speculative claims on a development that is still in the pre-clinical stage. Talk is cheap, wait till you have some results on mass human testing in phase 3 trials.

Although they'll need to plan a second wave for the human trials if it ever reaches that stage because there's no virus around for test subjects to get exposed to in Thailand.

Fauci has said that one could be ready for early 2021 .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Best to skip any information coming out of his mouth. His mouth is not connected to his brain.

As usual, Thai leads the world on every medical issue known to man, according to the Anutin, but they can't trach Pinocchio or Anutin how to wear a mask or to even wear one.

• Like 1