New phone advice 5000-8000 baht

Kenny202

In the market for a new phone. Usually have bought Samsung in the past but recently got a Huawei tablet and looking around seems like with Samsung you are paying a few extra bucks for less features, although I have always had good service from them. But in any case open to other brands.

I saw an Oppo A9 today which caught my attention, which appears to have decent features, nice large screen and good battery life. I don't play games so this not a consideration for me. A good basic reliable phone. Probably most important things to me. Good screen resolution and large screen, good storage, reasonably fast internet, decent camera. All of these things I know wont be top of the range of course but after best I can get in this price range. I don't play games so not a consideration for me.

I currently have a Samsung J7 which I have been happy with but recently damaged. The A9 seems a pretty big step up particularly storage, size and camera wise. I had a bit of a sniff around and can't see anything comparable for under 5000 baht (Lazada)

Any other options or opinions on the A9 / Oppo?

You mention "big" screen, I (being half blind) opted for the Huawei YMax, (biggest phone screen in the world, over 7 inches) but it is surprisingly small to hold (7 inch tabs are huge!) and the YMax has the added benefit of a huge battery lasts a couple days minimum without charging.

Cant remember exactly what I paid, but should be around 7000 baht maybe?

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Redmi Note 9 Pro (6/64) looks interesting 7,990.

Samsung A51 8/128 can be found (today) on sale at 8,590 (from 10,690 MSRP).

Thank you. I ended up getting an Oppo A31 128gb for 5500. Delighted with it. Extremely good camera

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...