Space Video

peterpeter

You are probably running some form of ad blocker/s similar to myself.

Beyond a certain level I have found that running such eliminates the majority of  tedious irrelevant  advertorials although  extends pages with large  gaps in page commentary content.

The green circles represent the intended sponsored/paid garbage that is  disallowed by the blockers.

Increasing the level of  blockage to eliminate those and the seemingly innoccuos  videos results  in ( in my experience) inability  to  login  to the  forum site or to access full access other  functions.

I am left without  any idea about the commercial strategies the site  owners follow but I genuinely doubt  it is actually of advantage to  viewers  at this point in time. Despite that I can also understand that  prepaid contractual obligations may be a pertinent factor.

However  advertorials that promote committing to the purchase of a  49% share of a partial property that offshore interests  have no informed idea as to when they  might be permitted entry to Thailand to even  inspect let alone divest on seems a bit  desperate.

So having discovered a dubious balance  on participation of the  forum between total rejection of and compromise I am so far willing to continue.

But when I am presented with items such as declaring  "tourist  numbers  for the  month of May were  down " I have to contemplate sanity in login.

Perhaps there is  some relevance in " Space"  distractions  after all ?

• Haha 2

Thank you Dumbastheycom for your answer

no blocker these things just appeared a few months back do not even appear 

to be advertising anything they are just there blooming nuisance

Like the topices column that has popped up on the right of the page

making every page smaller normally in many programs you can close or hide

columns if not required I dont seem to be able to do anything with the topics column

one day it just was there and thats it.

Do you have these things on your pages

Regards Pete

15 hours ago, peterpeter said:

Thank you Dumbastheycom for your answer

no blocker these things just appeared a few months back do not even appear 

to be advertising anything they are just there blooming nuisance

Like the topices column that has popped up on the right of the page

making every page smaller normally in many programs you can close or hide

columns if not required I dont seem to be able to do anything with the topics column

one day it just was there and thats it.

Do you have these things on your pages

Regards Pete

Ok. Maybe whatever  browser or settings you use are responsible but the  green circling icons (I assume) in large blank areas of the page between comments. These are where  with no  blocking many more advertorial items would be present.

The "Topics" column  has always been there AFAIK.

Oh ! I am using a desktop version of the  site. Text entry on a mobile drives  me crazy !

On a mobile app maybe/has been different for the  Topics column?

But for the  green circles.....Be grateful....the alternative is less desirable for the  user.

• Like 1

Thank you Dumbastheycom

I use Firefox always have I just never took to Edge or Chrome. Yes you assume correctly circles in blank spaces

So I just had a go at Edge. Blooming Heck adverts everywhere flashing and popping up all over the place

How do they expect anyone to read the pages with this lot going on sorry but that is Ridiculous

I never had any adverts until a few months back  Goodness knows how people are putting up with this

it would certainly make my time on Thaivisa  miserable.

Funny about the topics column. I would have bet I used to get a full page no column.

Now I would not, memory can be a right little deceiver all the best Dumbastheycom

Peter.