State of emergency set to be extended through July

snoop1130

I guess it have something to do with visa amnesty given until end of july and flights resume after that day... They planned to do like this with or without more cases. The question is what will happen if 10 cases appear? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Is entering a 7/11 and writing your name down considered a covid19 test?

Then they did a lot of testing...

I put Alien , in the name column . No problem .

When the schools reopen ,  Kids we be required to wear face masks, all day .

If  there remains a threat , schools should not open ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

<Deleted> told you, anyone who still thinks this is about the virus, that has not appeared for 31 days, is delusional ! 

Control, control and more control !

You really are a one trick pony. The emergency decree has been amended at least 9 times already and will continue to be amended probably for some time to come. It provides the government with flexible control rather than having some in the hands of provincial governors.

NZ was a prime example of why any government must be extremely cautious.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Percy P said:

one month. Australian are in lockdown until next year. No flights in or out of the country. Foolishly my friend went back and is seething to get away, so we won't be able to meet up until next year. 

I hope to be heading to Penang when Malaysian boarders are open. 

Malaysian border won't open until September at the earliest, and even then, probably with stringent conditions like quarantines.

4 hours ago, Muzzique said:

Or more likely turn on the dirty Ferangs who obviously brought the plague here and created this hell for them. The writing is on the wall so beware.

I thought it originated in China, hmmm?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

yeah ..... but i didn't say go home, I suggested Brazil instead.    lol

Now Steven, i think you should keep the Brazilian talk at a personal level with your mentor Prayuth.

You just never know, Prayuth might be dreaming about you also and your Brazilian option.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paiman said:

Rumors they are not able to agree on a date for the start of the second wave, hence the delay.

Waiting for  scientific evidence , from WHO ??.

Edited by elliss

15 hours ago, ubon farang said:

Its all about control. Control the population Well done Mr virus you served your purpose well. It gave the government the excuse to control the people.

Yet so many people can’t see this. The mind boggles.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

I have no problem with the lockdown either and no, I don't drink beer or anything alcoholic.

What annoys and irritates me about this government is that there have been NO local cases of Covid-19 for 31 days, passing the governments own target of 28 days for lifting the lockdown, yet they still want to extend it another month. Will they extend it for another month then another ad infinitum.

"Lockdown"  and the Emergency decree are not one and the same Bill. The ED has been amended several times so restrictions in the original version are not as they are now, so when people refer to lifting the "Lockdown" what do they actually mean.

People should remember that although the virus may be under control in Thailand that is not the case elsewhere. The ED is all about decision making and as long as a threat exists, either internally or externally, the government, as any government, should be in a position to deal with that as quickly and effectively as they see appropriate.

I would say that the Thai government have certainly done a better job of it than Bojo, another U turn on the so called "air bridges".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well well, well, 

Hopefully the government will remember to extend the visa amnesty up until the end of August.

That would make a lot of sense because people cant go to borders etc etc in July. as July is an emergency decree.

I know TIT ????

I know have 2 plans for just in case

Just have to wait and see. 

Cheers, 

Kirby

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

Sadly Sandy the ED has not been cancelled and can be implemented at ANY time the government wants, and for as long as the government wants for any reason that they can think of.

It is similar as S44 that Prayuth instigated when he stole the country from a caretaker government back in 2014. He gave the military, (and himself) amnesty for any past, present and future acts they may commit. With S44 he had complete authority and power over every Man, woman and child, whether Thai or foreign.

He misses that power and is taking advantage of the ED which gives him similar power. Power that he will NEVER willingly relinquish.

He is similar to a man riding on a tigers back, safe enough while he is on it, but he cannot afford to get off it.

This is only my opinion, but several of my Thai neighbours agree with me.

I never said the ED had been cancelled Bill, It was approved on 29th March and so far as I am aware has been amended 9 times, the last one being on the 18th June which included some relaxations.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/files/news3-20200618-095925-060442.pdf

So far each month it has been extended and personally I do not see a problem with that as it means all changes come from a central source, how that will transpire going forward only time will tell.

I am not particularly concerned about the past, I lived through it and moved on, it is the future that counts. Every country in the world has divided opinion on their government but that is a separate debate. At this point in time the critical measurement should be if the virus been brought under control or not.

Many that are critical of the Thai government would prefer to forget that it was military power that gave birth to the first US president or remember that Andrew Jackson, also a military commander, was a great advocate of slavery, stole land from the Indians and introduced the Indian Removal Act.

Everywhere has skeletons, just that some are older than others. 

• Like 1