BANGKOK
snoop1130

New Bangla drain flaps to end wastewater stench: Patong Mayor

On 6/26/2020 at 8:55 PM, Knocker33 said:

Apt title for Bangla road. Flaps.

I thought it was the name of a new bar for a minute. 

Bangla Flaps

Or Crappers and Flappers

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 9:01 AM, Deli said:

in the hope to putting...

There is always hope that it works, never certainty. Great work !

Saw the work and it looks like that it is just as fantastic as on the beach road, with the grates either 10 cm abover or below the tarmac level but never at the same. Mai pen rai...

Yes I mentioned similar in a thread named "Patong-The Wake" although when I saw them I thought that there was a gap between the grate top and the road, but this looks to have been filled in now.

I 'tested" these flaps and believe they are spring loaded, so what happens when the springs age/go rusty/lose tension? There had to be a better way (as described by "enoon") but TIT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xylophone said:

Yes I mentioned similar in a thread named "Patong-The Wake" although when I saw them I thought that there was a gap between the grate top and the road, but this looks to have been filled in now.

I 'tested" these flaps and believe they are spring loaded, so what happens when the springs age/go rusty/lose tension? There had to be a better way (as described by "enoon") but TIT.

Sir, you surprise me.

“…what happens when…”

Simple; ‘Officials’ will visit the nearest branch of the Bank of BrownEnvelopii and appropriate another (almost) 5m Baht to sort out the, ahem, misunderstanding.

Where the network is combined foul/surface water, the foul water covers should ideally be sealed units (to control the smell caused by the stinky farangs) with trapped gullies situated in the road to collect the surface water which is then directed to the combined sewer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps after a farking decade, they can install one at the entrance of walking street, pattaya beer garden, the epicentre of a high class family resort destination. But why, just what every tourist wants to smell while on holiday. Pure <deleted>😂😂👍👍😷😷😷