Large groups of Thais/foreigners gathering in Pattaya despite COVID-19 concerns

webfact

1 minute ago, CLW said:

Some people seriously have to much time or a boring life because they need to complain about others.

If those people are afraid of catching the virus just stay away from this place or crowd, problem solved.

A great advice. But you might meet these people at other locations and you don't know what locations they "enjoyed" before. 

5 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Banglamung Hospital and I am sure many others, have started discharging patients to clear up their ICU's and hospital beds. They are clearing the decks for something on the order of the government.

2 months ago Bangkok Hospital and I thought all others in the Pattaya area wouldn't allow anyone with a respiratory problem to set foot in the building. They were screened in a tent in the parking lot and sent to a special ward set up in a vacant hotel. 

They're doing it differently this time?

Why? The other method made sense and seemed to be very effective. 

Edited by ftpjtm

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And who are they scared of catching it from? With no cases anywhere in the country for a month, there is nobody out there with it, making the continuing paranoia just ludicrous. Glad at least that the cops didn't make fools of themselves by arresting anyone.

Look at Beijing Lockdown , Now 

6 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Its no "reported" cases in the country. The broader population hasnt been tested so the virus could still be spreading.

Yes, nobody presenting at hospital is a pretty good indicator that the virus may be under control, but not a definitive indicator that no cases exist.

Oh, I see, just lurking in the dark ready to pounce, yeah? The hidden enemy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Ah, Soi Buakhao, spiritual home of the wife-beater vest brigade, and likely one of the first areas to be bulldozed when mass-tourism is finally declared dead, lol.

Because of what you state, its the very place thats likely to survive. Glizty bars/clubs with sky high rent will be the first to go.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

But how many bars will open and if they do how long will they last with no influx of tourists.

Yes that is the big question

a lot have already definitively been closed

some don't want open until the tourists can return

only few should be open

the night wish group has decided to take the bet and open their bars

they have half of the bars on Soi 6 and 3 bars in Soi Chayapoon (Orange bar

Blue bar and Anny bar), 29 in total. I am not sure if they open all the lot but

it's a real challenge, particularly for the ones on Soi 6

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes that is the big question

a lot have already definitively been closed

some don't want open until the tourists can return

only few should be open

If just one soi opens up it will probably be busy, but not all of the sois. The same applies in BKK girly bars, but it would involve co-operation lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The local chief Pol Col Kemmarin Phitsamai said in earlier reports that he knew what was going on and intended to crack down.

So crack down and shut the place for a month or ignore the ridiculous emergency decree and let them continue. The public at large are getting bored with the whole thing and going back to what was normal..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

If just one soi opens up it will probably be busy, but not all of the sois. The same applies in BKK girly bars, but it would involve co-operation lol.

Yes you are right

and the lack of tourist is not the only one problem

the 22 safety rules project, some of them totally ridiculous, don't help

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes you are right

and the lack of tourist is not the only one problem

the 22 safety rules project, some of them totally ridiculous, don't help

It's been leading up to this for years with the military in charge, lower suk in BKK was a vibrant place to be until 6am and slowly the the current regime have killed it off.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

With no cases anywhere in the country for a month,

Your post is rediculous .

If there is not any known corona case since one month it does only mean that the testing (how many tests a Day??) did not catch an infected one. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And who are they scared of catching it from? With no cases anywhere in the country for a month, there is nobody out there with it, making the continuing paranoia just ludicrous. Glad at least that the cops didn't make fools of themselves by arresting anyone.

Quite true, but how many people have it without symptoms ? so as we know nothing, why not trying to be smarter than the idiots living in EU or USA ?

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Aha! So now we know how the cops found out about it.

Unfortunately you are correct.

Even immigration monitor these forums. Silly people commenting on all sorts gives them a short cut to pretty good valid information. One of the main reasons the income letters and affidavit methods of proving income were halted. It was due to all the complainers. I can not do it so why should others be able to type of mentality.

The You tubers are just after a few hits from people sat at home waiting to come back. 

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Nightwish are a bit of a mystery to me. How have they managed to survive with 29 bars? without rent stopping they'd struggle, they weren't cash rich.

Generally girls are accepting less cash lately so a BF of 500 isn't great.

The Soi Pothole bars were always dead when i passed and girls below average at best

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

A great advice. But you might meet these people at other locations and you don't know what locations they "enjoyed" before. 

exactly. The "freedom" that some people want ("freedom of not wearing masks,freedom from imposed social distancing, etc") is very shortsigjted and actually a direct health threat to the other reasonable people.

Its the argument of the smoker who wants to have tbe "freedom" of smoking anywhere, without regard for other people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Nightwish are a bit of a mystery to me. How have they managed to survive with 29 bars? without rent stopping they'd struggle, they weren't cash rich.

Generally girls are accepting less cash lately so a BF of 500 isn't great.

The Soi Pothole bars were always dead when i passed and girls below average at best

A friend of mine is in Pattaya and he is getting girls for 300 thb ST, must be desparate times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, natway09 said:

Time they enforced drinking in a public place anyway.

To me nothing worse than folks walking along the street drinking a big bottle of beer,

or maybe I'm just getting old

What else is there to do, it's no different in other countries with no bars or clubs open.

• Like 1

If they stomp it down in one place, it will just happen someplace else. The "Fat Cats" in Bangkok can make all of the stupid rules that they want and try to shove them down people's throats but...."it just ain't gona work partner". People will do what they want to do eventually and the "power grabbers" will lose. Thailand has been free for too long and the common man will only tolerate so much control and abuse by the "Egocentric Power Grabbers". 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

They wil open next week, they can  wait few days

the date of the 1 july for the reopening is now oficial

i don't get it why they are annoyed by some people gathering

on the street side, the bars are not open yet anyway, so it's not

a loss of customers for them

According to the majority of bar owners and reports on here, many said they will not be operating until tourists are allowed back. 

The 22 Commandments laid down by the government make it unaffordable/not viable to consider opening. 

No doubt to be continued..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I ate at a restaurant on the beach yesterday, mostly all Thais, no SD, no masks, large groups with 10-20 at a table, no problem.

I don't know about you, but I find it quite difficult to eat while wearing a mask. 

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Old news this, 1 day behind. Last night the police turned up in advance to stop people congregating

Like the old days Policing the Beat............then came frigging Panda Cars, Radios & Risk Assessments.