Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Phuket officials ramp up campaign for ’new normal’ beach rules, face masks required

Recommended Posts

Phuket officials ramp up campaign for ’new normal’ beach rules, face masks required

By Khunanya Wanchanwet

 

1593107410_1.jpg

Signs of Mayor Chalermluck wearing a mask have been posted along Patong Beach. Photo Patong Municipality

 

PHUKET: Officials and Tourist Police are ramping up their campaign to ensure that people at Phuket beaches, especially at Patong, observe the ‘new normal’ rules, including the requirement to wear a face mask.

 

“For now, Patong Municipality has already allowed people to relax and do activities on the beach, but we found some people ignoring the requirement to wear face masks,” Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup told The Phuket News’ Thai-language sister newspaper Khao Phuket.

 

“We have already ordered lifeguards and municipal officers to remind them,” she said.

 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-ramp-up-campaign-for-new-normal-beach-rules-face-masks-required-76510.php

 

 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-06-26
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

“For now, Patong Municipality has already allowed people to relax and do activities on the beach, but we found some people ignoring the requirement to wear face masks,” Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup

If it's a "requirement", why does the sign feebly say 'wear a mask'? It gives the impression it's really a suggestion.

Nothing about 'You must wear a mask' or stating the regulation/decree.

The authorities don't really seem to be aware how to get their message across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other day on Karon beach I could see just one couple in the distance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry, double post. 

 

 

Edited by Shot
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahh the temple of idiocy.....its a beach and theres almost no one on it   agghhhhh beam me up scotty before i catch this illness....brain deaditis .its really catching look at the authorities theyve all been struck with it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If it's a "requirement", why does the sign feebly say 'wear a mask'? It gives the impression it's really a suggestion.

Nothing about 'You must wear a mask' or stating the regulation/decree.

The authorities don't really seem to be aware how to get their message across.

There's No law in Thailand that one has to wear a mask outside their home , only on request going into shops if Required.  All they can do is Refuse one to into a shop or go on a beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, digger70 said:

There's No law in Thailand that one has to wear a mask outside their home , only on request going into shops if Required.  All they can do is Refuse one to into a shop or go on a beach.

I thought there were two provinces that had enforced it and were fining people 10,000 Baht(?) if they didn't wear one?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I thought there were two provinces that had enforced it and were fining people 10,000 Baht(?) if they didn't wear one?

 

That maybe so but that's Illegal collecting Pocket money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any other countries that have had no positive covid cases for 31 days requiring face masks at beaches where the uv rays kill any hiding covid that hasn't been discovered?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...