BANGKOK
webfact

Phuket officials ramp up campaign for ’new normal’ beach rules, face masks required

14 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

ahh the temple of idiocy.....its a beach and theres almost no one on it

It's to protect the fishes :tongue: 

• Like 1

This phrase "new normal" really gets up my nose. There is nothing normal about this flu except it will disappear just like every other flu we have had.  Perhaps I should be following the "new normal" imposed by Spanish flu or sars?

• Like 1

...only one on the beach....and you need to wear a mask..... irrational fears promote control and stupidity by well meaning officials...

Well I thought I would have to go swimming with the mask on.

Guess they only want the mask on while I am at the beach 

on the sand area. Wow  I will tan so well.  Thanks smart Thailand!!!

Geezer

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I thought there were two provinces that had enforced it and were fining people 10,000 Baht(?) if they didn't wear one?

I saw a figure higher than that for not wearing a mask published for Hua Hin. The below was put out a few months back but never read anything about rescinding mask wearing yet..

https://www.thailandnews.co/2020/04/covid-19-prachuap-khiri-khan-closes-hotels-orders-all-residents-to-wear-masks/

if folks do not want to comply then go home, it's actually a simple decision to go back and join the morons in your own country..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

if folks do not want to comply then go home, it's actually a simple decision to go back and join the morons in your own country..

Welcome to Phuket! When did you move here as I've never seen you post in our local forum before and this is a local Phuket issue.

2 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Welcome to Phuket! When did you move here as I've never seen you post in our local forum before and this is a local Phuket issue.

this is a Thai issue, these are protections for the Thai people!

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

this is a Thai issue, these are protections for the Thai people!

Not  correct, read the headline again.  BTW, when did you move to Phuket?

Phuket officials ramp up campaign for ’new normal’ beach rules, face masks required

46 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Not  correct, read the headline again.  BTW, when did you move to Phuket?

doesn't matter where I live, I reiterate, these rules are to protect the Thai people, not worry about the sensibilities of foreigners living there..

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

doesn't matter where I live, I reiterate, these rules are to protect the Thai people, not worry about the sensibilities of foreigners living there..

Negative non Phuket resident.  This is about a beach that is predominantly only visited by tourists, and now is basically deserted. 

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Negative non Phuket resident.  This is about a beach that is predominantly only visited by tourists, and now is basically deserted. 

lol, like every beach in the country