Has the PWA given up?

Guderian

I had no problem with the PWA and my house, which is also a "company" house.

As mentioned, I showed up at the office with my passport and housebook and registered with them and that was it. I recall it was barely a few minutes at the counter to get it done.  
The only thing I couldn't do was set up for automatic payment (I didn't understand what the guy was saying, but it sounded like something about "6 months" so I thought he meant I'd have to wait until at least 6 months before I could set up automatic payments. Probably so they'd have enough "usage" data or something. I don't know, didn't make sense to me.)
It's been a few years since then and no problems, though I do miss the pressure that the old "ChokChai" water system had. My water heater for the bathroom sink used to work great. Lots of hot water for washing/shaving. 
But with the PWA pressure, the heater wouldn't turn on at all. After messing around with hoses and inline filters for awhile I ended up replacing it with a different model. (The old heater worked when I had the pump on, but I never used to need the pump to create enough pressure to get the heater to work under the old system.)
New heater works fine with or without the pump. Gave the old heater to the neighbour to use/sell/scrap.

Ack !
Water bill just placed in my mailbox ! It seems I (somehow) used a whole 1 cbm more than last month ! Current bill (T11 rate) = 58.29 baht, a whole 9 baht more than last month.
The horror, the horror !!

(Back in March I used 4 cbm which I think was before they started reducing the pressure (more) and doing alternating days (weeks) of water cut-offs.)

There's a message at the bottom of the bill, not sure what it's about, something to do with "covid-19" though. Maybe the rate is discounted ? Or some leniency on how quickly one must pay the bill ?

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Ack !
Water bill just placed in my mailbox ! It seems I (somehow) used a whole 1 cbm more than last month ! Current bill (T11 rate) = 58.29 baht, a whole 9 baht more than last month.
The horror, the horror !!

(Back in March I used 4 cbm which I think was before they started reducing the pressure (more) and doing alternating days (weeks) of water cut-offs.)

There's a message at the bottom of the bill, not sure what it's about, something to do with "covid-19" though. Maybe the rate is discounted ? Or some leniency on how quickly one must pay the bill ?

Maybe a warning that they can no longer afford to run the water treatment plant so there may be Covid-19 in your water supply, lol.

7 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Maybe a warning that they can no longer afford to run the water treatment plant so there may be Covid-19 in your water supply, lol.

Well if they go ahead with their plan to fill the reservoirs with storm run-off and outflow from the waste treatment plants, Covid-19 might be the least of our worries !

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kerryd said:

here's a message at the bottom of the bill, not sure what it's about, something to do with "covid-19" though. Maybe the rate is discounted ? Or some leniency on how quickly one must pay the bill ?

Not the usual warning to pay in the specified time, else you will be cut off and advising against using agents.

• 3 weeks later...

On same trip as did to PEA, decided to go visit PWA as well (as close to each other) to see if indeed could change water price plan from the 'company plan' to residential plan. Heard both failures and successes regarding this change in Pattaya PWA.

Gave my house book to GF and did not go in with my big nose at all - and voila it was a breeze, she was back in 5min. Just some friendly chat with PWA staff, took details (put in her name), and told that someone will call 'tomorrow' to come check that it indeed is a residence, not a business. Of course nobody called the next day, but almost a week later some man actually called and came to check the meter and the place. He said all OK, and told from next month onwards should be residential rate on water. In my case water probably around 100 per month instead of the 350 paid till now...not big money but at least pay fair price now.

So it seems Pattaya PWA actually accepts water contract change for company owned houses at least if a Thai person goes to make the change and put to Thai name.

My next step is to go and try change to my own name, but wait couple of months for that. Same time will try to set up the auto payment.

• Like 1