Announcement on reopening of bars?

SidJames

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Usually late in the day, although some finer points are subject to some meeting Monday I heard.

You'd think that there was some democratic process & they were debating pros & cons instead of it being some fella with a load of medals across his chest even though he's not served in any battlefield ever flipping a coin.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Should reopen on 1st July. A friend's Thai son is a manager of a number of bars in Nana, Bangkok and he has been told to report to work on Monday 29th June 2020.

Twenty minutes late as usual eh!

• Confused 1

The ultimate approval to open on Wednesday 1st will not come until cabinet meeting on Monday 29th.

I heard that just about all the go go bars  inside  Nana Plaza have opted to stay closed until 1 August.

If they get an 80% reduction in rent for July I don't blame them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Estrada said:

Should reopen on 1st July. A friend's Thai son is a manager of a number of bars in Nana, Bangkok and he has been told to report to work on Monday 29th June 2020.

I known several mammassans at large gogo bars close walking st.they have been told nothing from their managers,as yet..

On 6/26/2020 at 4:13 PM, SidJames said:

You'd think that there was some democratic process & they were debating pros & cons instead of it being some fella with a load of medals across his chest even though he's not served in any battlefield ever flipping a coin.

Sounds like some well known person from the UK. Old Prince Charlie springs to mind. :smile:

Edited by possum1931

On 6/26/2020 at 4:13 PM, SidJames said:

They will decide Monday 29. Because of the Emergency decree which is still in effect the PM has the last word. Sad,but true. 

6 hours ago, Estrada said:

There's no "should reopen" July 1. There's been information about a strong possibility,but the problem is the 22 (maybe more now) requirements they released a few days ago. Requirements that are almost impossible to meet and very unfair compared to already opened restaurants. That's what the government will discuss Monday 29.

There will be an announcement sometime late on Monday after the meeting or maybe even Tuesday to get the latest from the Province. Many people are expecting a big bang ie all bars/ gogo's will open when given the green light, I can assure you that this will not happen. For example take a large gogo on Walking Street. Its operating costs are huge. When you take into account paying full rent, key money, electricity/water fees, agency fees to get girls to work 1k each girl per day upwards for 50 plus girls. To open you need customers and at the moment they will no way be in the volume required to make opening most gogo's viable. A few bars will open and the Thai Nightclub scene which is huge will get going again, but the Farang venues will stay closed in the main until tourists are back in some numbers.

Edited by jimn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

There's no "should reopen" July 1. There's been information about a strong possibility,but the problem is the 22 (maybe more now) requirements they released a few days ago. Requirements that are almost impossible to meet and very unfair compared to already opened restaurants. That's what the government will discuss Monday 29.

Actually and you may know this already. There are already loads of places in Pattaya/Jomtien open already, not just restaurants. I wont name the venue but I went out with a pal on Tuesday afternoon for a drink, not once was I asked to buy food, in fact the food service was closed. Very busy and was operating in plain view.

21 minutes ago, jimn said:

There will be an announcement sometime late on Monday after the meeting or maybe even Tuesday to get the latest from the Province. Many people are expecting a big bang ie all bars/ gogo's will open when given the green light, I can assure you that this will not happen. For example take a large gogo on Walking Street. Its operating costs are huge. When you take into account paying full rent, key money, electricity/water fees, agency fees to get girls to work 1k each girl per day upwards for 50 plus girls. To open you need customers and at the moment they will no way be in the volume required to make opening most gogo's viable. A few bars will open and the Thai Nightclub scene which is huge will get going again, but the Farang venues will stay closed in the main until tourists are back in some numbers.

I agree. 

In the near future we will get to see what establishments reopen, and several months from now, what establishments stay open. 

• Like 1

The whole thing is a joke.  Restaurants are currently acting as bars and making money and bars are closed.  The numb skulls running this country are exactly that.  Let's see what happens on Monday and if we are given the green light to reopen on Wednesday 1st.  But the 22, or however many rules they are proposing, should equally apply to the restaurants, but will they?  I see many 'restaurants', not serving food, with punters getting drunk whilst playing pool and darts.  How is that being allowed to happen? 

Edited by mikosan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:25 PM, murraynz said:

I known several mammassans at large gogo bars close walking st.they have been told nothing from their managers,as yet..

At the moment with 0 tourists coming from abroad

there is no point to open any business on Walking Street

the foreigners already in Pattay are expats and are not

interested at all by this location. And i bet the few Thai people

coming for domestic tourism should be not intersted too by the place

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SidJames said:

A good few of the nightwish bars opened today.

Here  the complete list given by the ''boss'' of the group on his FB

''We are opening the following bars first. (Many other bars owners are not going to open until the 8th (after the 2 day holiday closure 6th Asahna Bucha and 7th Buddhist Lent) or when tourists start arriving.)
Midnight hours will be enforced. We will open 1 hour earlier to counter this. 12pm - 12am.
Soi 6
Wrath bar
Toy box bar
Play pen
Pussy club
Kawaii bar
Sexy in the city
Soi chaiyaboon
Blue bar  ''

On 7/1/2020 at 4:00 PM, kingofthemountain said:

(Many other bars owners are not going to open until the 8th (after the 2 day holiday closure 6th Asahna Bucha and 7th Buddhist Lent) or when tourists start arriving.)

I was under the impression The Nightwish Group, over time, purchased the leases for all their bars on Soi 6.  That would make hem the owner.  

Does he mean "many bar managers are not going to open?"

In any case, it will be a long time before any western tourists start arriving here in any decent numbers.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

I was under the impression The Nightwish Group, over time, purchased the leases for all their bars on Soi 6.  That would make hem the owner.  

Does he mean "many bar managers are not going to open?"

In any case, it will be a long time before any western tourists start arriving here in any decent numbers.  

They are the ''owners'' of the bars business

but not the landlords, they stiil have a rent to pay to the building owner

it seems they have managed (With some difficulties) to negociate 50 % on the rent

during the closure, but when they reopen, it's 100% of the rent again asked by the

Thai building owner.

And you are right, it will be a very long and very hard time until the borders reopen

and the tourists come back in numbers, probably not before the end of 2020\the begining of 2021

Edited by kingofthemountain

29 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

They are the ''owners'' of the bars business

but not the landlords, they stiil have a rent to pay to the building owner

it seems they have managed (With some difficulties) to negociate 50 % on the rent

during the closure, but when they reopen, it's 100% of the rent again asked by the

Thai building owner.

And you are right, it will be a very long and very hard time until the borders reopen

and the tourists come back in numbers, probably not before the end of 2020\the begining of 2021

The landlord own the property.  The Nightwish Group owns the businesses operating out of their properties.

It's reported as this:

(Many other bars owners are not going to open until the 8th (after the 2 day holiday closure 6th Asahna Bucha and 7th Buddhist Lent) or when tourists start arriving.)

See the words, "bar owners." 

So who owns Nightwish's various bars?