Spanish man arrested in Bangkok for allegedly growing marijuana plants

webfact

26 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Of course I have read both sides, but your sensible conclusion is your conclusion and not mine. I don't need saving and don't see any reason for it not to be legalized and that is my conclusion.

EDIT : I have nothing against alcohol being legal btw.

Luckily you are not the ill informed individual who will make the decision on whether or not it should be legalised. Enjoy your day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I did say the vast majority have little to zero problems which was my point, but I see you were quite selective again. Where are all these 1000s deaths and diseases over the past years if you are so well informed? You or someone you know had a bad time of it ... you do know you are in a minority right ? 

Goodness me,, what I am saying is quite simple. In order to determine if cannabis should be legalised you need a sensible decision maker who fully understands both sides of the debate. I believe I have a balanced view based upon what I have read, my life experience and some professional people I know. You on the other hand have openly admitted you have no idea of the damage it can do and my point is simply this, before you decide which side of the fence you sit educate yourself... simple as that,,, if you chose not to educate yourself in what is an emotive debate then that's up to you.

1 minute ago, GAZZPA said:

Goodness me,, what I am saying is quite simple. In order to determine if cannabis should be legalised you need a sensible decision maker who fully understands both sides of the debate. I believe I have a balanced view based upon what I have read, my life experience and some professional people I know. You on the other hand have openly admitted you have no idea of the damage it can do and my point is simply this, before you decide which side of the fence you sit educate yourself... simple as that,,, if you chose not to educate yourself in what is an emotive debate then that's up to you.

You are reading things out of context ... "I have no idea on the damage it can do" was a reference to an earlier post of yours, that carried a a hint of sarcasm. Sorry you missed it. I have a balanced view formed exactly the same way as yours, but my conclusion is different please accept it. 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, steven100 said:

sorry, a drug smoker, inhailer, user, pusher or what ever you want to call it .... is still wrong in society in most countries. I have my beliefs you have yours. cheers.

What is right and what is wrong. I don't smoke but have no objections to people who want to smoke even in my company. You go your way I'll go mine. 

Edited by Percy P
misspell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:45 PM, steven100 said:

right, I know weed is not such a hard drug, anyway each person can do his own thing, if someone likes drugs then that's their prerogative, i don't so that's just me.  Everyone has their own opinion on things. 

Car exhaust can be a killer. And so can noise .WHO consider noise is a health problem. 

Recently a man was shot by his neighbours because he wouldn't reduce the noise he was making.

It. Seems noise is a part of Thai culture.. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

You are reading things out of context ... "I have no idea on the damage it can do" was a reference to an earlier post of yours, that carried a a hint of sarcasm. Sorry you missed it. I have a balanced view formed exactly the same way as yours, but my conclusion is different please accept it. 

I took nothing out on context at all. you have failed completely to provide a plus argument for legalising cannabis for recreational use, I have pointed you to the negatives that you are free to research, so the impression you have made is you don't have a balanced view at all. You are a user of the drug and because you are ok you conclude it must be ok,, in short you have jumped on the pro cannabis wagon because of that, that's all I can see from you in all you posts. I accept you can feel that way about it but don't pretend it is an informed opinion. if however you do have some compelling plus points I am open to read it, if not leave it there and agree to disagree.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

I took nothing out on context at all. you have failed completely to provide a plus argument for legalising cannabis for recreational use, I have pointed you to the negatives that you are free to research, so the impression you have made is you don't have a balanced view at all. You are a user of the drug and because you are ok you conclude it must be ok,, in short you have jumped on the pro cannabis wagon because of that, that's all I can see from you in all you posts. I accept you can feel that way about it but don't pretend it is an informed opinion. if however you do have some compelling plus points I am open to read it, if not leave it there and agree to disagree.

Ok Mr Cannabis ! I have had enough of banging my head against a wall and just cant be bothered anymore ... oh look lethargy 

13 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Ok Mr Cannabis ! I have had enough of banging my head against a wall and just cant be bothered anymore ... oh look lethargy 

What a surprise, sarcastic response, i ask you a reasonable question to list the positives of legalising recreational use and you are incapable of doing it. simple fact, you have had no problems so you would like it to be legal for your own purpose, simple as that. Not surprised really, never heard a convincing argument for legalising it from a heavy user. Enjoy living with your head in the sand ignoring the damage it does.

• Thanks 1

Just now, GAZZPA said:

What a surprise, sarcastic response, i ask you a reasonable question to list the positives of legalising recreational use and you are incapable of doing it. simple fact, you have had no problems so you would like it to be legal for your own purpose, simple as that. Not surprised really, never heard a convincing argument for legalising it from a heavy user. Enjoy living with your head in the sand ignoring the damage it does.

I gave you reasonable reasons but you have dismissed them or chose to ignore them, so what do you want ? Seems like whatever I say, you know better. Your opinion, however well informed you may think it is, is just that, an opinion and I don't agree.   

22 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I gave you reasonable reasons but you have dismissed them or chose to ignore them, so what do you want ? Seems like whatever I say, you know better. Your opinion, however well informed you may think it is, is just that, an opinion and I don't agree.   

Did you? what reasonable answers have I dismissed? Please confirm what they were? I repeat, what are the plus points of legalising cannabis for recreational use? I would be surprised if I missed your answers but I suppose it's possible. I am very open minded, if you have a decent argument that outweighs the negatives of the drug I will listen... If you are going to respond with more sarcasm or it's just my opinion based on nothing then please just don't bother.

18 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

gosh how amusing, i could go on about how important the law is in society and the difference between moral and legal issues that any decent person would adhere to, but I am sure it will be completely lost on you, go over your head if you like. ????.

I am not sure if Thailand could survive a 'decent' person.  

18 hours ago, Percy P said:

Car exhaust can be a killer. And so can noise .WHO consider noise is a health problem. 

Recently a man was shot by his neighbours because he wouldn't reduce the noise he was making.

It. Seems noise is a part of Thai culture.. 

So is killing..... But then again, not only Thai

2 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

It doest make You Calm, an Aggressive Pot Heads a rare thing.

So is a switched on pot head. Lethargic, boring, dopey pot heads are an all to common thing.

4 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

RECREATIONAL USE.?. So sitting around with dilated pupils . talking garbage only other addicts will listen too is now recreation.

Lots of posters sound like this.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:54 AM, pineapple01 said:

I like a Drug when i have a Tooth Pulled, but dont want my sences numbed and drugged to enjoy every day pleasures of this overly short life.

T-total is the way to go. 
Welcome to that club and enjoy your life.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:53 PM, steven100 said:

good job by the police.  jail & deport. drug user/seller/pusher.

Ya think they should do the same thing to all Canadians who light up?

Pot ain't the end of the world, nor should it be treated as. I quit the thing 20 years ago and for me it is live and let live.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, abrahamturner said:

Arrest and deport these European scumbags , most people like him hide here in thailand for illegal activities,  while buying big houses and cars here , you will find many of them at sukumvit .

They correct, they should deport you and maybe euthanize you.