Spanish man arrested in Bangkok for allegedly growing marijuana plants

webfact

9 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

Meanwhile, thousands of Thais grow them in their yards....many thais that I know of, in my locale.....

Me too, a neighbour came round with a couple of pot plants and gave them to me.

Had to burn them after he left, too rude to refuse them, too dangerous to keep them.

17 hours ago, CLW said:

Where are you living? 19th century?

Cannabis hardly considered a drug nowadays with less proven consequences as alcohol or tabacco.

It's illegal, whatever you personally believe, ignoring the law is 19th century thinking. the law is the law, you don't have to agree with all the laws but a decent person in modern day society follows them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lookchine said:

before applauding let's be consistent, alcohol makes people aggressive and kills thousands of people every year and it is allowed, cannabis heals and makes people less aggressive and it is prohibited.  the police do their job and obey orders but maybe some retrograde law should be reviewed by our elites, as is currently done in many countries

yawn ????,,, how many times have pot heads banged that drum, alcohol, tobacco, kill thousands, blah, blah blah. So lets be consistent, the law is the law, if you don't like it move somewhere where it is not illegal but please stop banging that drum, it's so boring and predictable. If you want to grow it in Thailand look forward to losing your freedom... Its quite simple really..

• Like 2

18 hours ago, CLW said:

Where are you living? 19th century?

Cannabis hardly considered a drug nowadays with less proven consequences as alcohol or tabacco.

How many times I wrote on this forum that I believe neurosurgeon Dr Sanjay Gupta.....but of course according to Trump he is 
"ignorant" like the COVID scientists in his administration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SZzgfyXhJI&t=14s

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lookchine said:

before applauding let's be consistent, alcohol makes people aggressive and kills thousands of people every year and it is allowed, cannabis heals and makes people less aggressive and it is prohibited.  the police do their job and obey orders but maybe some retrograde law should be reviewed by our elites, as is currently done in many countries

Harder to tax something you can grow in your garden.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, robbioff said:

Hey Gazzpa, marijuana is right now being legalized here. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

is it? are you referring to medical use? right now its illegal and Thailand are not going to tolerate someone growing it and dealing it,, so put that in your dope pipe and smoke it. yet another boring pot head...????

• Sad 2

A state in the US allows marijuana as long as it’s not sold. Cookie,Candy etc. shops sell the items at an inflated price and give a bag of marijuana as a gift for the purchase...  seriously they found a loophole...

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry, a drug smoker, inhailer, user, pusher or what ever you want to call it .... is still wrong in society in most countries. I have my beliefs you have yours. cheers.

Staying neutral but just wondering if you drink coffee.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

right, I know weed is not such a hard drug, anyway each person can do his own thing, if someone likes drugs then that's their prerogative, i don't so that's just me.  Everyone has their own opinion on things. 

OK, that's progress in just three posts.
From good job police to hey, that's their prerogative.

• Haha 1

This guy broke the law in Thailand, he will go to jail like any other person and quite rightly so, we can't pick and chose the laws we want to follow.

I am so sick of the dope heads who just cannot accept that not everyone wants to legalise the drug. It's funny, we spend years educating people on the harm of smoking tobacco and yet even though most marijuana is smoked and drawn into the lungs they never once mention the damage it causes but they will tell you how terrible cigarettes are and yet legal,, it's all about tax, blah, blah, blah, so boring!. I have no problem with medical use at all but as for the recreational use and growing it and dealing it I don't want to see it.. This Spanish guy will suffer for what he has done and he can console himself on how unfair the law is from his prison cell, perhaps all you people shouting the virtues of dope can go and console him and let him know you support him, I am sure it will make all the difference whilst he stares at his cell wall.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, car720 said:

Staying neutral but just wondering if you drink coffee.

Pathetic. So make coffee illegal now? Well at least it's a new lame argument and not a repeat of all the old ones.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Headgame said:

OK, that's progress in just three posts.
From good job police to hey, that's their prerogative.

So accepting people have the right to their own opinion is progress? So perhaps "pro cannabis" camapigners can stop attacking everyone who doesn't want cannabis legal and let them be,,, every time I get attacked with the same old boring arguments and then it almost always resorts into personal abuse.. So, stop telling people who don't agree what muppets they are, that would be progress.

• Thanks 1

This is silly.

Thailand just hosted the marijuana world summit.

Thailand has legalized medical marijuana and is writing new laws for commercial use.

Thailand is in the middle of passing a new bill allowing people to grow at home.

Marijuana has been legalized in many countries throughout Asia.

So why is this a big deal?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, TherealG said:

This is silly.

Thailand just hosted the marijuana world summit.

Thailand has legalized medical marijuana and is writing new laws for commercial use.

Thailand is in the middle of passing a new bill allowing people to grow at home.

Marijuana has been legalized in many countries throughout Asia.

So why is this a big deal?

Because it is illegal, that's why. Until the outline the NEW law (with whatever changes they may be) it is still illegal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, bobbin said:

4 paragraphs with a total of 5 sentences, and both of the above posters missed this...

"The house was owned by a Spanish man aged 42, who was charged with producing the narcotic."

Issues of "ownership" aside.

Maybe he is Schizophrenic and reported his other self. :unsure:

On 6/26/2020 at 2:45 AM, steven100 said:

right, I know weed is not such a hard drug, anyway each person can do his own thing, if someone likes drugs then that's their prerogative, i don't so that's just me.  Everyone has their own opinion on things. 

Yep , ban alcohol sales and don't allow bars to re open. After all , alcohol is the most abused drug on the planet and leads to many deaths and much aggressive behavior.  I'm sure you will agree that places like Pattaya would be better off without bars and drunks.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry, a drug smoker, inhailer, user, pusher or what ever you want to call it .... is still wrong in society in most countries. I have my beliefs you have yours. cheers.

What are you on to spew such utter rubbish, are you drunk you need to educate yourself on music, art, etc. to understand what society thinks, this is about grass, that has nowhere ever had a recorded death by its use, and reduced pain and suffering to many that is non addictive in most, you are putting all drugs in the same bag (pun unintended). You beliefs are sorely misguided.

• Confused 1