Spanish man arrested in Bangkok for allegedly growing marijuana plants

webfact

5 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Because it is illegal, that's why. Until the outline the NEW law (with whatever changes they may be) it is still illegal.

All illegal in Thailand

Driving shirtless

Driving with no seatbelt

Jaywalking

Stepping on Money

Drinking alcohol in a governmental office

Plus many more......

By your reckoning, anyone doing the above should go to jail because as you say, it's illegal. Grow a wild plant that has been on this earth probably longer than civilisation itself and you go to jail. 

Let's look at Salvia which is legal in Thailand.

Salvia divinorum (also known as Sage of the Diviners, Seer’s Sage, Yerba de la Pastora, Ska Maria, or simply salvia) is a plant species known for its hallucinogenic effects due to psychoactive compounds in its leaves.

The differences of these two…
 Well, both are herbs of some kind. The one is used to a very humid environment but can be trained to live in dry environments as well (Salvia). One is like weed (guess which one ???? ) and can be “bred” (or multiplied) very easy, the other one will reproduce mainly through clones.

Both can be smoked, both can be consumed orally –but in different ways. Both can also be vaporised – but at different temperatures (salvia needs more heat)

Both are drugs, both can be used for healing (in a wider sense).

Now the two drift apart…

Weed can be classified as recreational drug, one can use it for having fun, for meditating, for being creative, for being lazy, to aid you in good sleep, and much more. But weed is not really a hallucinogen. With high doses you might get some optical illusions and maybe even morphing or stuff like this, but you pretty much stay where you are, who you are and what you are (ok, the last one I disagree a little bit, I had very few experiences where I was feeling like a semi colon. Why? I don’t know. It was good quality, it probably was just a bit much. It was not frightening, I had a clear mind.

But you will find many info about weed everywhere, so I will focus on salvia.

Salvia. Salvia Divinorum. Göttersalbei (sage of gods), Aztekensalbei,…

The plant has many names and many of them refer to its purpose.
 The high only lasts for a short time and you will be fine afterwards. Maybe a little within your thoughts (That’s good!), but no hangover.
 The purpose is not “getting high and have a great time”. Oh no, not at all. It is much deeper, much more into yourself or the universe or whatever there is. Is there something? Are we just a bunch of thoughts, repeating themselves over and over again? (you might already see where this is going)

Weed is illegal because it's political, easy to grow and hard to tax.  There are no BigPharm drugs that can have the same calming effects for Parkinsons without some serious side effects, a hell of a lot more expensive and greatly reduced doses. 

So just because something has been illegal for years, it does not mean it should be as it is currently being proven around the world. It's time for many countries to wake up and understand it's time for change.  I will never understand that I cannot grow weed and have a good nights with the main side effects being horny, happy and hungry vs alcohol which can make you aggressive, abusive, addictive, kill you and even others around you (Drunk Drivers) but I guess that's ok as long as you pay your taxes right?

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, CLW said:

Wondering how the house owner knew there were plants inside.

Spare key and spying at his tenants?

It says: the marijuana plants were detected - maybe a smoke detector? ????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bobbin said:

4 paragraphs with a total of 5 sentences, and both of the above posters missed this...

"The house was owned by a Spanish man aged 42, who was charged with producing the narcotic."

Issues of "ownership" aside.

Oh come on you don't expect TV Posters to actually read articles before posting do you? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

It still takes longer than 3 months to grow ....... 

What a huge waste of everyone’s time. When is a plant a drug? At 3 months they look like pretty ornamental plants, the real story is probably that the guy refuses to cough up the money to make the problem disappear. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Denim said:

Yep , ban alcohol sales and don't allow bars to re open. After all , alcohol is the most abused drug on the planet and leads to many deaths and much aggressive behavior.  I'm sure you will agree that places like Pattaya would be better off without bars and drunks.

Alcohol (wine) symbolises the blood of Christ in church, so it must be OK!????

(It's also the 'Devil's brew'!)????

(Pattaya probably wouldn't exist, as it is, without bars & drunks).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

good job by the police.  jail & deport. drug user/seller/pusher.

Steven, some of the <deleted> you put on here make my self and friends smile so you have done some good, but we are going to call you from now on squeaky because you squeaky clean lol

• Haha 1

Alledgedly growing ???? Alledgedly found ?????? They found the plants and the plants were growing , i don't understand the alledgedly part of this story did they find the plants or not and were they growing or not ??????? So it might not have happened at all ???????? 

Edited by Nanaplaza666
Wasnt done yet
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

right, I know weed is not such a hard drug, anyway each person can do his own thing, if someone likes drugs then that's their prerogative, i don't so that's just me.  Everyone has their own opinion on things. 

But some have a ridiculous one.

22 hours ago, CLW said:

Where are you living? 19th century?

Cannabis hardly considered a drug nowadays with less proven consequences as alcohol or tabacco.

technically even aspirin is a drug !

4 hours ago, lookchine said:

before applauding let's be consistent, alcohol makes people aggressive and kills thousands of people every year and it is allowed, cannabis heals and makes people less aggressive and it is prohibited.  the police do their job and obey orders but maybe some retrograde law should be reviewed by our elites, as is currently done in many countries

Cannabis causes serious mental health issues and makes people behave erratically. It may not have killed people but it can certainly be implicated in suicides. To claim that it heals is utter nonsense and there is zero medical evidence to support this, the most that can be claimed is that it provides therapeutic relieve for some conditions such as MS. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Patts said:

Cannabis causes serious mental health issues and makes people behave erratically. It may not have killed people but it can certainly be implicated in suicides. To claim that it heals is utter nonsense and there is zero medical evidence to support this, the most that can be claimed is that it provides therapeutic relieve for some conditions such as MS. 

Another expert???? ..... I would find it much more likely that anyone who has serious mental issues or behaves erratically was destined to be this way before they met cannabis.

Don't know about your evidence but I can tell you that it'll get rid of my migraines and can make me sleep with out the use of processed chemicals and thats good enough for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Patts said:

Every person I know who regularly smokes acts erratically and several have ended up in mental health wards as a result of cannabis. As I said before "it provides therapeutic relieve for some conditions" that does not make it a cure. 

I have met hundreds of very regualar users over the years and don't know of any that ended up in a mental ward for any reasons. 

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:
NOUN
  1. a drug or other substance that affects mood or behaviour and is consumed for non-medical purposes, especially one sold illegally.
    "cultivation of a plant used to make a popular local narcotic"
    synonyms:
    drugs · narcotics · addictive drugs · recreational drugs · illegal drugs · cannabis · heroin
ADJECTIVE
  1. relating to or denoting narcotics or illegal drugs.
    "consumption of narcotic substances"

Why is alcohol missing from the above list? Certainly far more harmful than cannabis.

• Like 2