Spanish man arrested in Bangkok for allegedly growing marijuana plants

webfact

1 minute ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Honestly when i saw you thought the alcohol and tobacco arguments were lame i just thought i was  wasting time trying to convince you. You may have read a bit about on the internet but not the same as real life experience. For me its a mostly harmless plant and even when abused ( which i did for well over 10 years) i cant say i have noticed any major deficiencies. Governments can tax it and get a healthy cut of the money . I dont need to associate with dodgy characters just to smoke a bit of pot. Theres a couple of extra arguments for legalization.

Why do you assume I have no life experience? I do, plenty of it, I have no idea who you are but I have more then most people I know, I have seen how this drug can wreck your life first hand.  Yes I research on the internet but my experience comes from life experience. The reason why I am saying do not compare to other things such as cigarettes and alcohol is simply because I believe it should be considered on it's own merits,, we should be weighing up the pluses and the minuses of the drug and making a decision based on that,, no emotive argument should be put forward such as "what about cigarettes"? (if you want to argue the point of making tobacco illegal thats a different argument). So again, tell me the plus points of the drug for recreational use that outweigh the minuses.. 

On 6/26/2020 at 6:53 PM, csmith said:

Doctor friend of mine told me a year ago that individuals in Thailand allowed to grow up to three plants for their own use

Your friend, the doctor, was lying to you

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Your friend, the doctor, was lying to you

If I remember correctly there was something in the press about permission to grow you own (minimal amount) of cannabis for your own use if you had a medicinal reason approved by a doctor, but nothing came of it... I suspect most on here are referring to recreational use which is not the same thing at all, they just conveniently avoid that fact.

8 hours ago, Patts said:

Every person I know who regularly smokes acts erratically and several have ended up in mental health wards as a result of cannabis. As I said before "it provides therapeutic relieve for some conditions" that does not make it a cure. 

Then perhaps it is you that causes the problem and not the cannabis. You should document all your observations and report back as you may be on to something.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, steven100 said:

sorry, a drug smoker, inhailer, user, pusher or what ever you want to call it .... is still wrong in society in most countries. I have my beliefs you have yours. cheers.

Good thing I am a Canadaian..we are way ahead of the world. Thailand should legalize it and promote Pot tourism,,,cash cow .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Why do you assume I have no life experience? I do, plenty of it, I have no idea who you are but I have more then most people I know, I have seen how this drug can wreck your life first hand.  Yes I research on the internet but my experience comes from life experience. The reason why I am saying do not compare to other things such as cigarettes and alcohol is simply because I believe it should be considered on it's own merits,, we should be weighing up the pluses and the minuses of the drug and making a decision based on that,, no emotive argument should be put forward such as "what about cigarettes"? (if you want to argue the point of making tobacco illegal thats a different argument). So again, tell me the plus points of the drug for recreational use that outweigh the minuses.. 

I dont really see minuses ... In my opinion, if someone has wrecked their life its down to underlying issues and not cannabis. I see it as a mostly harmless plant that causes the vast majority who use it to relax and calm down. Legalizing should allow some kind of quality control, proper identification of product and remove organized crime from distribution. Also there is lots of money to be made for government, which should help to stimulate the economy. 

On 6/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, steven100 said:

sorry, a drug smoker, inhailer, user, pusher or what ever you want to call it .... is still wrong in society in most countries. I have my beliefs you have yours. cheers.

Anutin’s party got their votes on a pledge to make marijuana legal.

have you not seen his pics among the he very healthy marijuana plants 

cheers

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:45 PM, steven100 said:

right, I know weed is not such a hard drug, anyway each person can do his own thing, if someone likes drugs then that's their prerogative, i don't so that's just me.  Everyone has their own opinion on things. 

Unfortunately though  opinions are  often just that and not  facts.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Coastrider said:

Good thing I am a Canadaian..we are way ahead of the world. Thailand should legalize it and promote Pot tourism,,,cash cow .

It was my understanding that the Canadian legal market was crashing due to the poor quality? So not sure they have got it right yet, if the idea was to stop the illegal trading of the product it is a failed project,, so far. So you can still be arrested in Canada if you are in possession of "non government controlled or illicit" products, right? with very stiff penalties? So the government product is weak and inferior to the black market stuff and people don't want to buy it, so the black market is growing and if you are caught with that stuff the penalties are very severe,, so you say long way ahead, not really. I think the bill is pretty useless at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 5633572526 said:

Anutin’s party got their votes on a pledge to make marijuana legal.

have you not seen his pics among the he very healthy marijuana plants 

cheers

illegal for medicinal use, have you not "read" the articles accompanying the pics of healthy plants?

4 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I dont really see minuses ... In my opinion, if someone has wrecked their life its down to underlying issues and not cannabis. I see it as a mostly harmless plant that causes the vast majority who use it to relax and calm down. Legalizing should allow some kind of quality control, proper identification of product and remove organized crime from distribution. Also there is lots of money to be made for government, which should help to stimulate the economy. 

Then you are blind and not fully informed, for me that makes you unqualified to try and convince people of the virtues.. There are of course many downsides of cannabis, even the biggest supporters will acknowledge this. I touched on a few, all you have to do is google it, find some credible sources and so some research. You sound to me like a casual user of the product who has had no issues and therefore you see no problem and you are not interested in educating yourself in both sides of the story. You have failed in convincing me with your argument which so far consists of "well I think it's ok, just look at alcohol", which is pretty typical, lame argument. I hope the people who make the real decisions on this issue educate themselves to give a much more balanced decision. Lastly, I told you I have first hand experience of this, you may be ok and most will be (much the same as alcohol) but there are people who are not,, I urge you to research and educate yourself properly before you bang the drum of the virtues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Then you are blind and not fully informed, for me that makes you unqualified to try and convince people of the virtues.. There are of course many downsides of cannabis, even the biggest supporters will acknowledge this. I touched on a few, all you have to do is google it, find some credible sources and so some research. You sound to me like a casual user of the product who has had no issues and therefore you see no problem and you are not interested in educating yourself in both sides of the story. You have failed in convincing me with your argument which so far consists of "well I think it's ok, just look at alcohol", which is pretty typical, lame argument. I hope the people who make the real decisions on this issue educate themselves to give a much more balanced decision. Lastly, I told you I have first hand experience of this, you may be ok and most will be (much the same as alcohol) but there are people who are not,, I urge you to research and educate yourself properly before you bang the drum of the virtues.

I was never trying to convince you or anyone else for that matter. As far as i am concerned its none of yours or anyone elses business what I do if I am not affecting others and this is my point.  I used on and off for more than 30 years and for over ten years I was a very heavy daily user and this makes me informed as far as I can tell. Its actually pretty easy if you want to just stop smoking pot without any serious side-effects. People that blame pot for bad things in their lives are just using it as an excuse. 

Just now, CraigInBangkok said:

I was never trying to convince you or anyone else for that matter. As far as i am concerned its none of yours or anyone elses business what I do if I am not affecting others and this is my point.  I used on and off for more than 30 years and for over ten years I was a very heavy daily user and this makes me informed as far as I can tell. Its actually pretty easy if you want to just stop smoking pot without any serious side-effects. People that blame pot for bad things in their lives are just using it as an excuse. 

And now you resort to aggression, what a surprise.. So you are what I thought, a regular user who has had no problems and therefore it's ok, but you really have no idea of the damage it can do. I have lost interest talking to you...

• Like 1

Just now, GAZZPA said:

And now you resort to aggression, what a surprise.. So you are what I thought, a regular user who has had no problems and therefore it's ok, but you really have no idea of the damage it can do. I have lost interest talking to you...

aggression ... are you sure ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

aggression ... are you sure ?

yes,,, "it's none of mine or anyone elses business",,, translate,, bog off and mind your own.. i can read,, goodbye,,????

Just now, GAZZPA said:

yes,,, "it's none of mine or anyone elses business",,, translate,, bog off and mind your own.. i can read,, goodbye,,????

You seem to be very selective in what you read and how you have read things ... that really is fine. And you were right, I really have no idea on the damage it can do but for the vast majority that is very little to none and that includes heavy users. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

You seem to be very selective in what you read and how you have read things ... that really is fine. And you were right, I really have no idea on the damage it can do but for the vast majority that is very little to none and that includes heavy users. 

"but for the vast majority that is very little to none and that includes heavy users".  same as alcohol then? And how do you know this if you you don't know the damage it can do? Heavy users are at risk of many things, if you care to read about it. On the contrary I am not selective at all what I read, I consider myself to be well versed with a lot of life experience of this. So as I said to you at least twice now, educate yourself on both sides not just on your personal experience.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

"but for the vast majority that is very little to none and that includes heavy users".  same as alcohol then? And how do you know this if you you don't know the damage it can do? Heavy users are at risk of many things, if you care to read about it. On the contrary I am not selective at all what I read, I consider myself to be well versed with a lot of life experience of this. So as I said to you at least twice now, educate yourself on both sides not just on your personal experience.

Definitely not the same as alcohol ... you wanted to bring it up and now maybe you should compare the statistics.

2 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Definitely not the same as alcohol ... you wanted to bring it up and now maybe you should compare the statistics.

Its called irony, you want to trash alcohol as the damaging thing it can be but you wont accept it is ok for the vast majority of people. Surprised you missed that point. i really have nothing more to say, you clearly have no idea of both sides of the cannabis debate so why on earth do you think you can draw a sensible, informed conclusion on whether or not it should be legalised? 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Why is it you think this a grey area? do you think nobody understands about caffeine except you? Fact is cannabis is illegal and that's that, very easy to understand. You not agreeing with that is up to you but don't try and suggest it is a grey area as it is very clear. I hope they don't make it legal, that is my opinion (except for proven prescription medication), if you are pro cannabis then that's up to you.

So as long as something is legal then it is ok?  What about sex with your best friend's wife.  That is legal.  :cheesy:

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, car720 said:

So as long as something is legal then it is ok?  What about sex with your best friend's wife.  That is legal.  :cheesy:

gosh how amusing, i could go on about how important the law is in society and the difference between moral and legal issues that any decent person would adhere to, but I am sure it will be completely lost on you, go over your head if you like. ????.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Its called irony, you want to trash alcohol as the damaging thing it can be but you wont accept it is ok for the vast majority of people. Surprised you missed that point. i really have nothing more to say, you clearly have no idea of both sides of the cannabis debate so why on earth do you think you can draw a sensible, informed conclusion on whether or not it should be legalised? 

Of course I have read both sides, but your sensible conclusion is your conclusion and not mine. I don't need saving and don't see any reason for it not to be legalized and that is my conclusion.

EDIT : I have nothing against alcohol being legal btw.

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Like 1

Just now, CraigInBangkok said:

Of course I have read both sides, but your sensible conclusion is your conclusion and not mine. I don't need saving and don't see any reason for it not to be legalized and that is my conclusion.

You just openly admitted that you don't know the damage it can do but now you are well informed? So far you have written much but said nothing except "it should be legal" but you don't really know why. If you chose ignorance what more can I say.

9 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

You just openly admitted that you don't know the damage it can do but now you are well informed? So far you have written much but said nothing except "it should be legal" but you don't really know why. If you chose ignorance what more can I say.

I did say the vast majority have little to zero problems which was my point, but I see you were quite selective again. Where are all these 1000s deaths and diseases over the past years if you are so well informed? You or someone you know had a bad time of it ... you do know you are in a minority right ? 

Edited by CraigInBangkok