Process for flying out of BKK with a few days overstay

I booked a flight home for August 2nd. Visa Amnesty ends Jul 31st. I don't mind paying the 500 per day as I got a really good flight. What is the process once I get to the airport? How early should I get there to deal with the over stay fines?

Others will probably be able to give you better advice, but I would just  pitch up at immigration, as normal and see what happens.  Arrive at BKK to give yourself a 3 hour window until your flight is due to depart, would be my advice. 

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be possible to get a 7-day "get out of Thailand" extension for 1900 Baht at immigration? I would rather do that, than overstay, even if it takes more time, is more of a nuisance and costs more money. Again, assuming the amnesty isn't extended.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 2:48 PM, Pilotman said:

Others will probably be able to give you better advice, but I would just  pitch up at immigration, as normal and see what happens.  Arrive at BKK to give yourself a 3 hour window until your flight is due to depart, would be my advice. 

You hand over the passport and boarding card as usual. After a few seconds the IO sees that you're on overstay, looks at you and tells you. You nod and say,yes I know. He says come with me and takes you to a desk close by. You just sit down and you'll get a stamp in your passport with the total sum (฿500/day) for the overstay,you hand over the money,and that's it. You'll get your passport back and off you go. It takes maybe 5 minutes unless there are other people doing the same thing. No problem what so ever. Nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, drbeach said:

Wouldn't it be possible to get a 7-day "get out of Thailand" extension for 1900 Baht at immigration? I would rather do that, than overstay, even if it takes more time, is more of a nuisance and costs more money. Again, assuming the amnesty isn't extended.

Your choice if u have money and time to burn, but there is no immigration 'stigma' nor negative consequences for a 2 day overstay.

• 2 weeks later...

Well my flight got cancelled. The airline says up to 6 weeks for refund and only as a travel voucher. Looks like I'm stuck now as I'm not planning to sink thousands of dollars into cancelled flights and travel vouchers that will come back who knows when. 

4 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

Well my flight got cancelled. The airline says up to 6 weeks for refund and only as a travel voucher. Looks like I'm stuck now as I'm not planning to sink thousands of dollars into cancelled flights and travel vouchers that will come back who knows when. 

I think the amnesty will be extended. Yours is an example of why they did need to extend it.

If not there may be a special extension you can apply for.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

Bad situation. Thinking Ubonjoe on the money in that amnesty will be extended.

Your a good example of that it's not a walk in park to exit for some.

Left field suggestion. When you eventually do try and leave, I would not buy a flight. I would park myself in closest hotel to BKK and each day attend airport and check for flights on schedule.

Maybe crazy idea. Wonder if any folk have done it. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bad situation. Thinking Ubonjoe on the money in that amnesty will be extended.

Your a good example of that it's not a walk in park to exit for some.

Left field suggestion. When you eventually do try and leave, I would not buy a flight. I would park myself in closest hotel to BKK and each day attend airport and check for flights on schedule.

Maybe crazy idea. Wonder if any folk have done it. 

I am flying to Canada. Leaving BKK is not the issue, it's the over seas flight that got cancelled.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

BKK is swampy airport.

He knows. He was saying his onward flight from his intermediate stop was cancelled. For instance, he might have been booked from Bangkok to Seoul with an onward flight from Seoul to Toronto, with the Toronto flight cancelled.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

He knows. He was saying his onward flight from his intermediate stop was cancelled. For instance, he might have been booked from Bangkok to Seoul with an onward flight from Seoul to Toronto, with the Toronto flight cancelled.

Both his post #9&12 were not clear. Get off my back. Yes I can see his issue now after re read. 

Would have been clear if op stated your "for instance...." scenario.

Give the OP a constructive option rather than have a crack. Again

On 6/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, SunsetT said:

Your choice if u have money and time to burn, but there is no immigration 'stigma' nor negative consequences for a 2 day overstay.

If you plan on applying for a Thailand Elite membership in the next few years, with a recent overstay you will be declined during the 'security check'.

• Like 1