Jump to content
BANGKOK
MrBiker

Process for flying out of BKK with a few days overstay

Recommended Posts

I booked a flight home for August 2nd. Visa Amnesty ends Jul 31st. I don't mind paying the 500 per day as I got a really good flight. What is the process once I get to the airport? How early should I get there to deal with the over stay fines?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Others will probably be able to give you better advice, but I would just  pitch up at immigration, as normal and see what happens.  Arrive at BKK to give yourself a 3 hour window until your flight is due to depart, would be my advice. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just pay the 1000 baht fine at immigration on departure from the country. It should not take more than about 30 minutes extra to do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it be possible to get a 7-day "get out of Thailand" extension for 1900 Baht at immigration? I would rather do that, than overstay, even if it takes more time, is more of a nuisance and costs more money. Again, assuming the amnesty isn't extended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 2:48 PM, Pilotman said:

Others will probably be able to give you better advice, but I would just  pitch up at immigration, as normal and see what happens.  Arrive at BKK to give yourself a 3 hour window until your flight is due to depart, would be my advice. 

You hand over the passport and boarding card as usual. After a few seconds the IO sees that you're on overstay, looks at you and tells you. You nod and say,yes I know. He says come with me and takes you to a desk close by. You just sit down and you'll get a stamp in your passport with the total sum (฿500/day) for the overstay,you hand over the money,and that's it. You'll get your passport back and off you go. It takes maybe 5 minutes unless there are other people doing the same thing. No problem what so ever. Nothing to worry about. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, drbeach said:

Wouldn't it be possible to get a 7-day "get out of Thailand" extension for 1900 Baht at immigration? I would rather do that, than overstay, even if it takes more time, is more of a nuisance and costs more money. Again, assuming the amnesty isn't extended.

Your choice if u have money and time to burn, but there is no immigration 'stigma' nor negative consequences for a 2 day overstay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my flight got cancelled. The airline says up to 6 weeks for refund and only as a travel voucher. Looks like I'm stuck now as I'm not planning to sink thousands of dollars into cancelled flights and travel vouchers that will come back who knows when. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

Well my flight got cancelled. The airline says up to 6 weeks for refund and only as a travel voucher. Looks like I'm stuck now as I'm not planning to sink thousands of dollars into cancelled flights and travel vouchers that will come back who knows when. 

I think the amnesty will be extended. Yours is an example of why they did need to extend it.

If not there may be a special extension you can apply for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

Well my flight got cancelled. The airline says up to 6 weeks for refund and only as a travel voucher. Looks like I'm stuck now as I'm not planning to sink thousands of dollars into cancelled flights and travel vouchers that will come back who knows when. 

Bad situation. Thinking Ubonjoe on the money in that amnesty will be extended.

Your a good example of that it's not a walk in park to exit for some.

Left field suggestion. When you eventually do try and leave, I would not buy a flight. I would park myself in closest hotel to BKK and each day attend airport and check for flights on schedule.

Maybe crazy idea. Wonder if any folk have done it. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Bad situation. Thinking Ubonjoe on the money in that amnesty will be extended.

Your a good example of that it's not a walk in park to exit for some.

Left field suggestion. When you eventually do try and leave, I would not buy a flight. I would park myself in closest hotel to BKK and each day attend airport and check for flights on schedule.

Maybe crazy idea. Wonder if any folk have done it. 

I am flying to Canada. Leaving BKK is not the issue, it's the over seas flight that got cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MrBiker said:

I am flying to Canada. Leaving BKK is not the issue, it's the over seas flight that got cancelled.

BKK is swampy airport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

BKK is swampy airport.

He knows. He was saying his onward flight from his intermediate stop was cancelled. For instance, he might have been booked from Bangkok to Seoul with an onward flight from Seoul to Toronto, with the Toronto flight cancelled.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BritTim said:

He knows. He was saying his onward flight from his intermediate stop was cancelled. For instance, he might have been booked from Bangkok to Seoul with an onward flight from Seoul to Toronto, with the Toronto flight cancelled.

Both his post #9&12 were not clear. Get off my back. Yes I can see his issue now after re read. 

Would have been clear if op stated your "for instance...." scenario.

Give the OP a constructive option rather than have a crack. Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...