Nazism is well and alive in Thailand

VictorInBKK

4 hours ago, Why Me said:

I am not sure why Thais are obliged to echo Western sensitivity to the swastika. It's a Hindu/Buddhist religious symbol that's been part of Eastern culture eons before Hitler's shenanigans.   

Also with the same colors as in the photo?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bodga said:

I  think its beautiful

It was the ensign of the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) and carried on thru to the Japanese Marine Defence Force and,as such, is seen in many ports of the Pacific including Pearl Harbor on occasion.

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its very similar to the Japanese Imperial Army flag 1868-1945 

1920px-War_flag_of_the_Imperial_Japanese

So not just warring eh?

I don't believe that the Japanese navy (JMSDF) is warring with anyone at the moment and has not done so since it's creation post WW2.

However back to the main topic-the Thai love bold symbols and colour and I doubt very much that many Thai would give some souped up psuedo Aryan symbol (a la the Hitlerite gang) a second thought.

Oh..the Finns used the symbol too..ssshh...

All in all,I agree with poster "Ying" on this one.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

well the west tolerates the black lives matter fist, and you see idiots walking around still in Che shirts, he was a self confessed rapist and executioner. This sort of thing in the pic is just down to ignorance and the paucity of the Thai education system.

hahahah, look who is calling the kettle black

8 hours ago, PatchinExPat said:

This is correct

I would not paint it on my vehicle

but it was present in Asia 100s of years before Nazism

The Nazi swastika is a different orientation to the Asian representation, it is not the same

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

So not just warring eh?

I don't believe that the Japanese navy (JMSDF) is warring with anyone at the moment and has not done so since it's creation post WW2.

Two different flags , the Navys flags sun is further to the left and the Imperial Armys flag is in the middle .

Due to the flags connection with the Japanese military , the flag is still offensive in some Asian Countries .

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Two different flags , the Navys flags sun is further to the left and the Imperial Armys flag is in the middle .

Due to the flags connection with the Japanese military , the flag is still offensive in some Asian Countries .

That's correct-the photo posted is the Navy's flag.The army flag is banned.

Just as to why the old IJN flag was retained is the subject of some debate,and of course,some rancor especially on the part of the Chinese and South Koreans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

well the west tolerates the black lives matter fist, and you see idiots walking around still in Che shirts, he was a self confessed rapist and executioner. This sort of thing in the pic is just down to ignorance and the paucity of the Thai education system.

Che = absolute scum

Let him suffer in hell

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's probably 'tolerated' because it's an ancient Buddhist/Hindu symbol.

"In Buddhism, the swastika is considered to symbolize the auspicious footprints of the Buddha. It is an aniconic symbol for the Buddha in many parts of Asia and homologous with the dharma wheel. The shape symbolizes eternal cycling, a theme found in samsara doctrine of Buddhism."

I was once looking at the site of an old Roman villa at Conambriga in Portugal and there was a beautiful mosaic floor-all of 1800 years old-laid out with swastikas..isn't the German one officially called the Hakenkreuz? (crooked cross)?

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not true, the orientation and direction of rotation vary, not only in Asia, but also in the German symbolism.

No, the Nazi swastika is unique as it was designed by the Nazis .

No other swastika is the same , the Nazis swastikas' colors are unique

I would for once, like to stop and ask a Thai person who display and uses the swastika signs what their rationale for displaying said signs and whether he/she knows what are the meaning of such signs and see what their answers will be...

Edited by ezzra

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Your post was in my opinion an insult to every Thai who die protecting Thailand.

Yinn, the only time your country ever fights with any severity is when its on its own defenseless people. You guys allowed Japan to invade and declared war on the USA because they forced you to, and thousands died building the death railway right under your noses. The only reason you guys weren't bombed into oblivion is because it was known to every allied nation that Thailand was trying to avoid conflict by surrendering and declaring war even though they didn't mean it. 

These are the hard facts about Thailand. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Yinn, the only time your country ever fights with any severity is when its on its own defenseless people. You guys allowed Japan to invade and declared war on the USA because they forced you to, and thousands died building the death railway right under your noses. The only reason you guys weren't bombed into oblivion is because it was known to every allied nation that Thailand was trying to avoid conflict by surrendering and declaring war even though they didn't mean it. 

These are the hard facts about Thailand. 

bit off topic but did you have a restaurant in hua hin,went there a couple of times.