Facebook will label newsworthy posts that break rules as ad boycott widens

rooster59

15 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Facebook is run by lefties, same as Twitter & Google. 

So that's why they're only taking action now, being forced by advertisers boycotting Facebook.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No, it’s not “belief/feelings”. It fits the definition. There you have your proven fact. 

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No, it’s not “belief/feelings”. It fits the definition. There you have your proven fact. 

Nope. Wrong again. As I said earlier. There is no "against" in the " White" posts.

abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice against a particular group, especially on the basis of race, religion, or sexual orientation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

BLM is just a fundraising arm of the DNC. 

And the Republican party is on the wrong side of history on this

It used to be the southern democrats which were the party of the confederacy, but they changed, now the Republicans are the party of the old south

The Republicans are more and more aligned with the reactionary right-wing, and this will continue after November whoever gets into office.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Facebook is run by lefties, same as Twitter & Google. 

Typical Republican hypocrisy

All in favour of small government and the market, unless of course it does something you don't agree with then it is all regulation and government control

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Not sure how its hypocritical to have a problem with 2-3 major corporations having almost all of the internet market share and imposing their 'views' on it. 

The government did the same with AT&T/Bell in the 80's for the same reasons. It becomes a monopoly. 

This my friend is the reason the government and the feds exist and republicans have never had a problem with it, other than in that little noggin of yours. 

Wrong.

The Republicans did not have a problem with it until Twitter started labeling tweets of Trump as it does with other posters - who by the way would be thrown off the platform - as has just happened with the British racist Katie Hopkins

That is where the hypocrisy lies

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, crobe said:

Show me the evidence that they were broken up for their political views, the republicans are not calling for the breakup of these companies on commercial grounds

Because they claim to be 'platforms' instead of what they really are, which are 'publishers' 

Thats the issue, I recommend you read up on the subject before barfing up your comments without knowing what you're talking about and then having to edit after the fact. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Labeling it? That’s Ridiculous. Every community forum bans you for spreading lies and hatred, and the same happens when the average joe does it on Facebook. 

oh well... simply convert Facebook:

- remove all Individual Timelines

- FB to exist only in FB Groups 

Stating the obvious here. Saying "black life's matter" is not saying all other life's don't matter. Yes, all life's matter, but to some, some life's do not not seem to matter as much. When some one comes into a discussion about "black life's matter" saying over and over again that "all life's matter", they are trying to negate the point of the first statement by using a fact. I is like when children hold their finger an inch in front of another child and keep repeating "I'm not touching you!, I'm not touching you!"

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

I think this has more to do with the plummeting FB share price  - from $245 to around $212 in the last 3 days - than any particular ideology.

Absolutely, forget the pathetic whining of those who claim it is about some anti right wing conspiracy in the media. Zuckenberg had to be dragged into this. He is not a "Lefty" he is simply a greedy pig, who was forced by major advertisers to face up to the fact that people have had enough hatred and conspiracy theory, whatever the origin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1