Are you receiving your orders from iHerb ?

rumak

I had one delayed order - delivery back in March, didn't get it until late April. A May order arrived in their time window. I understand the problem was with Thai Post, resolved when they switched to DHL.

• Thanks 1

I last ordered from iherb in early February.  It took till end of March to get order.  The shipment was stuck in Hong Kong early on during the pandemic.

I was able to order my supplements on lazada.

More expensive, however with shipping from Iherb and paying a custom and duty fee it was a wash plus quicker delivery.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zyphodb said:

I ordered about 6 weeks ago from iherb, ordinary post as I prefer to take the chance on customs rather than certain to be ripped off, took 3 weeks to get here...

I also ordered (first time) about 6 wks ago. Notice came package was in the country June 3 and still haven't got it, also by reg post. Is this normal Z? Don't understand your other comment on taking a chance on customs? Can you explain it to a rookie?

If you send by couriers such as DHL, Thai Customs always check it and you get a tax bill for it that they guesstimate, (so always higher than it should be) they keep your package until you pay, often it's so high that you just let them keep it. If you get it sent by ordinary post they're unlikely to check it. I've always chosen the cheapest postal option, and so far, touchwood, haven't had a problem.

I've never been given notice that it's in the country, did you track it on the internet? 6 weeks is long enough that I'd be starting to worry about it, and would be the point where I'd attempt to track it...

so,  seems like no guarantees about delivery or speed ( not very good for vitamins if taking weeks

to get somewhere either)

might try a small order soon    hmmm

On 6/27/2020 at 9:32 PM, zyphodb said:

If you send by couriers such as DHL, Thai Customs always check it and you get a tax bill for it that they guesstimate, (so always higher than it should be) they keep your package until you pay, often it's so high that you just let them keep it. If you get it sent by ordinary post they're unlikely to check it. I've always chosen the cheapest postal option, and so far, touchwood, haven't had a problem.

I've never been given notice that it's in the country, did you track it on the internet? 6 weeks is long enough that I'd be starting to worry about it, and would be the point where I'd attempt to track it...

Thai customs do not always check, they are automatically checked by the couriers ! They check and tax on behalf of customrats, reason why they can import faster.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:45 PM, from the home of CC said:

I also ordered (first time) about 6 wks ago. Notice came package was in the country June 3 and still haven't got it, also by reg post. Is this normal Z? Don't understand your other comment on taking a chance on customs? Can you explain it to a rookie?

I've had the same thing happen with a bunch of small misc. airmail (non-courier) packages reshipped from the U.S. at the beginning of June. Normally, they'd be here in about 2 weeks. But they still haven't arrived now a month after shipping, and the last tracking of them was June 18-19 having been accepted thru Suvarnabhumi, and after that, SILENCE....   Never had that kind of thing happen before with any of my prior shipments.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've had the same thing happen with a bunch of small misc. airmail (non-courier) packages reshipped from the U.S. at the beginning of June. Normally, they'd be here in about 2 weeks. But they still haven't arrived now a month after shipping, and the last tracking of them was June 18-19 having been accepted thru Suvarnabhumi, and after that, SILENCE....   Never had that kind of thing happen before with any of my prior shipments.

just called DHL Thailand and they told me to contact I Herb to get my money back for the package is 'missing'. This was the first time (and last) I ordered anything from them. It arrived in Thailand on June 3 and went MIA. I had read on this website previously that I herb was reliable, lol, figures..

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

My wife called the regional TH post office that handles international packages for our area of BKK today... One of the missing packages, because it was sent by USPS Priority Intl Mail, even shows up in TH Post's own tracking system. But the PO staff could only tell my wife they didn't have the package and told her she needed to check with Thai Customs.....

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I just got one yesterday. Took longer than normal, but it got here.

About a week back, I got a documents envelope that was sent by airmail from the U.S. about two weeks after its mailing from the U.S.  Which is pretty much normal...

But thus far, everyone one of the half dozen or so small packages (non documents) I sent from the U.S. via regular postal airmail during the first week of June have yet to be delivered to me in BKK.... which is about two weeks overdue compared to normal.

Right now, I wouldn't be mailing any non-courier package from the U.S. to Thailand until they straighten out whatever problems are occurring.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I just got one yesterday. Took longer than normal, but it got here.

Hi, did you get it delivered by regular Thai post or did you pay for special (tracking)? It was my first time ordering from I Herb and since I get regular mail ok I didn't use the track able version of delivery. Can you please tell me what was longer than normal. My package arr. in country June 3 so it's been a month in Thailand.

Edited by from the home of CC

1 minute ago, from the home of CC said:

how does Ebay ship? do they DHL to the country and then do you use regular post? thnks in advance.

Just regular post from the seller, and got here with no probs. Hope this helps. ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

was it a over a month after it arr. in Thailand?

A little under.

Ordered 7 June, received yesterday

But I may just have been lucky

I have an outbound document that went EMS to US and has utterly vanished.  And some other mail from US has not arrived.

It seems to be very much hit or miss. I made the iherb order with some hesitation but it was something I really, really needed and luck was with me.

• Thanks 1

If they do that, do they inform you the package has arrived? I would much rather pay the import tax than lose the money for the product I ordered by abandoning it.

I mean, it sucks, but if you imported a car to Thailand you wouldn't abandon it just because customs made you pay 300% in tax would you?

I have never had a problem with the 3 different delivery options on iHerb. One package was flagged for duty as it was a bit higher than the duty free 1500 baht limit. The tax was applied correctly and was minimal.

Although currently not available, they have a delivery service where you can pre-pay customs if you want larger orders. Again, never a problem. Customs do things by the book and they know that iHerb does everything by the book in terms of declaring the real price. There really is no problem with customs when buying from iHerb. I can always go a bit higher than the 1500 baht duty free limit too.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

A little under.

Ordered 7 June, received yesterday

But I may just have been lucky

I have an outbound document that went EMS to US and has utterly vanished.  And some other mail from US has not arrived.

It seems to be very much hit or miss. I made the iherb order with some hesitation but it was something I really, really needed and luck was with me.

I'm glad your order arrived. I ordered supplements for my health due to the poor price here but with the losses I just incurred the prices here have turned into a bargain  lol. This was my first experience ordering from the states (I usually have regular visitors bring this stuff in but not in the covid era.) and since it's untrustworthy, this will be my last. The delivery I used was the regular post and when contacting the  Thai PO about my missing package they had told me that with no tracking number it was probably gone. As I have received regular mail here from abroad I believed this was going to work also. I regret not doing that now but imo if I Herb offers a mode of delivery (albeit slower) then they should ensure that it is a viable method, and if it is truly a hit and miss proposition, then don't offer it as a delivery service. If I owned a business and a portion of my customer base was not receiving their orders, I would stop offering that method of delivery - good business practice over commerce.   Funny part was I Herb said to contact DHL for the missing order and DHL told me to contact I Herb to resolve it lol. I guess the money lost is a cheap lesson in the long run. Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.

Edited by from the home of CC
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I'm glad your order arrived. I ordered supplements for my health due to the poor price here but with the losses I just incurred the prices here have turned into a bargain  lol. This was my first experience ordering from the states (I usually have regular visitors bring this stuff in but not in the covid era.) and since it's untrustworthy, this will be my last. Funny part was I Herb said to contact DHL and DHL told me to contact I Herb to resolve it lol. I guess the money lost is a cheap lesson in the long run. Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.

This may or may not help you but I have found items wanted listed on Shopee for not that much more than US price plus shipping and next day service.  Expect many are from orders to US by resellers but for the reasonable price increase find it worth using.  But you have to shop carefully as there are a few who will be marking things much higher - once find item search that alone to find good price. 

Edited by lopburi3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like "hit and miss"  is the right assumption.

I can't really understand how all these systems can be so totally screwed up....many that

IMO have nothing to do with big bad covid .  

Well,  given that planes are not flying as they used to, i guess the logistics is messing everything up.

Let's go back to a couple hundred million people in the world and stop this nonsense about "procreate,

procreate, procreate" !       whaddda ya think Bill ?

Would i be willing to be in the lottery that chooses the survivors?   Hey, odds can't be worse than

trying to reach any real person on the phone to file a complaint or ask for assistance.

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

Sounds like "hit and miss"  is the right assumption.

I can't really understand how all these systems can be so totally screwed up....many that

IMO have nothing to do with big bad covid .  

Well,  given that planes are not flying as they used to, i guess the logistics is messing everything up.

Let's go back to a couple hundred million people in the world and stop this nonsense about "procreate,

procreate, procreate" !       whaddda ya think Bill ?

Would i be willing to be in the lottery that chooses the survivors?   Hey, odds can't be worse than

trying to reach any real person on the phone to file a complaint or ask for assistance.

cargo plane delivery are slower these days (with enforced sanitation/requirements)  but I believe things are still moving about. Took a little over 2 weeks to get from Compton to Laksi(?) But once here did it get swallowed up in a big covid back log? Don't know what the issue truly is but like you say logistics could be a culprit for sure. As far as over population is concerned some folks in medicine are predicting millions of dead by the time this covid is through (especially in countries with dubious healthcare) so you might get to see a reduction in the population (though many countries are reporting an uptick in births and pregnancies due to lock down loving). Trouble is it may get even harder to get a hold of someone on the phone..

• Like 2