Danish man wins lawsuit against Thai wife for not sharing assets

rooster59

When first visiting in this part of the world, "RENT IT! RENT IT! and RENT IT! regardless of what it is, don't throw your hard earn money out the door until you're up to speed how it all works. For some, that may take a wee bit longer time than it does for others.   People need to slow their roll when they first come here as like many posters here have said, "Men are thirsty for love and confuse kindness and/or affection for love".  If I was a betting man, I'd say the majority of thaivisa members on here have been taken one way or another, whether it be big or small, in the pursuit of a little piece of happiness; I know I have.  Not complaining; just saying.  Life's lessons! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

these Thais have no thought about right and wrong or being fair. greedy people.

Bitching about that after <deleted> hits the fan, is at best ignorant. There is no surprises in Thailand, everything is explained and information is everywhere, and if you ever visit a bar, you have been told these stories many times. 

So the saying in Thailand, should be as follow "Fool me once, shame on me" 

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Bitching about that after <deleted> hits the fan, is at best ignorant. There is no surprises in Thailand, everything is explained and information is everywhere, and if you ever visit a bar, you have been told these stories many times. 

So the saying in Thailand, should be as follow "Fool me once, shame on me" 

agree 100% fools and their money, you know the rest.

A friend of mine has a framed document artfully displayed on his wall for all to see..

A superb Thai court document that states that his brother-in-law had to pay back 250,000 Baht for fraud and theft of property which was settled by mediation.

Needless to say he never saw one baht of the settlement.

Edited by Odysseus123

This court decision is definitely a shock to many who have been in same situation and walked away with nothing except his dirty clothes in a suitcase. But we foreigners will never learn and continue believing in love and loosing their life savings in the LAND OF SMILES.

16 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

agree 100% fools and their money, you know the rest.

However, I would not totally generlize every thai as greedy, but the system is greedy, and the whole country is run by greedy racists leaders, where they put themselves and their families first. 

I have met many great people around the country, guest friendly and a sharing people who give more than they expect to get back. 

First check everyone should do when meet a partner in Thailand, where she is from, know her/his family and friends, and you will find out what kind of person you have met. Every girl have a history that have formed her to the one you meet, and many of those who seeking a foreigner is already broken many times, as many foreigners coming to Thailannd seeking happiness. 

Another thing to think of is the girls you meet, often a young one, do not have to many chances to make it when first meeting somone, and it is about secure as much as possible if something goes wrong. A woman past 35 do not have many chances Left. I can totally understand their situation, since we are the onces who is supposed to be the financial strong and the smart ones, who do not play everything on one card only. 

"Do not invest more than you are comfortable to loose if <deleted> hits the fan!

And yes it is all about money. They want a secured future and we want to have a good life. There is nothing between. I have certain criterias I want fullfied from a partner to make it work for me, and the girls have the same. Should not be any surprises there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Farlang said:

This court decision is definitely a shock to many who have been in same situation and walked away with nothing except his dirty clothes in a suitcase. But we foreigners will never learn and continue believing in love and loosing their life savings in the LAND OF SMILES.

I would not trust it to become a presedence for future courts. 

Edited by Tagged

13 minutes ago, Farlang said:

No precedent has been set..

21 hours ago, Cali farong said:

Don’t put anything in ANY woman’s name that you can’t afford to lose.

Life is full of surprises 

Yes agree 100%, our house in in my wife's name as doing the company title thing is risky anyways as the above says only do this if you can afford to lose it, same with any other married or relationship in the world the guy will always lose out

If you have no plans to have kids together them yeah crazy to put house in her name. Worse yet is when money to buy house was all they had, beside pension type money for living. Just because you can sell and split the money, first you have to find a buyer. What a mess, being financially able to walk away and forget about it is good. 

An interesting outcome! A similar situation was in Phetchabun where they were married. She asked him to leave the house he had built and called the police! They arrived but he showed them the 30 year lease she had signed. She was asked to leave the house! 
At court he was awarded the house she kept the car in her name and got a cash settlement of around 1.5 million baht.

Justice does prevail.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So did the guy continue living in the house with the <deleted> off ex around with 1.5 mil in her hands? That would be worrisome in my demented mind. Me personally I'd rather get on down the road far, far away.

Dependeds if your neighbours is her parents, brothers, sisters, uncles and anties with relatives, and continue living there would be interesting in a way. To make it even more interesting you could team up with one of the cousins just making new bounds. Could be a winner. 

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Because its even easier to do so in GF's name.

The car?  Nonsense.  I visited the car dealer and registered it in my name, transfered the money and got my blue book within a  couple of weeks.  The house is a different story, that's why I live in a condo. 

• Like 2

This brings to mind a case where an American chap who had paid for his Thai Wife to purchase land and build a house in Thailand. He was still working in the States and would visit to check out progress of construction. He received a request for funds to complete landscaping and fences. This meant the house must be almost ready for move in, so he hopped on a plane to suprise his Wife and organise a housewarming and Monk blessing etc. 

He got there to find his Wife was already married to a Thai man and was preparing to move into the new house with their family. The American checked his rights as owner of the house but not the land. He had a local contractor bulldoze the house into a pile and flew back to the States. The woman couldn't afford to have the mess cleared and it sat like that for years.

Lesson learned????

26 minutes ago, balo said:

The car?  Nonsense.  I visited the car dealer and registered it in my name, transfered the money and got my blue book within a  couple of weeks.  The house is a different story, that's why I live in a condo. 

Its not that hard. I got a motorbike in my name and a car too. But it would have meant an immigration / embassy trip. Anyway for me it all went well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tagged said:

However, I would not totally generlize every thai as greedy, but the system is greedy, and the whole country is run by greedy racists leaders, where they put themselves and their families first. 

I have met many great people around the country, guest friendly and a sharing people who give more than they expect to get back. 

First check everyone should do when meet a partner in Thailand, where she is from, know her/his family and friends, and you will find out what kind of person you have met. Every girl have a history that have formed her to the one you meet, and many of those who seeking a foreigner is already broken many times, as many foreigners coming to Thailannd seeking happiness. 

Another thing to think of is the girls you meet, often a young one, do not have to many chances to make it when first meeting somone, and it is about secure as much as possible if something goes wrong. A woman past 35 do not have many chances Left. I can totally understand their situation, since we are the onces who is supposed to be the financial strong and the smart ones, who do not play everything on one card only. 

"Do not invest more than you are comfortable to loose if <deleted> hits the fan!

And yes it is all about money. They want a secured future and we want to have a good life. There is nothing between. I have certain criterias I want fullfied from a partner to make it work for me, and the girls have the same. Should not be any surprises there. 

Of course its a total good deal and guys should stop moaning. You meet a girl far younger.. she trades in her youth (best chances to get a guy) for stability and then when it does not work out she has already paid with her youth and guys want her to leave with nothing. Seems unfair to me. 

Then just rent a girl.. i mean having it for total free is just cheap.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, saakura said:

And why is it that mostly old caucasian farangs are attracted to them like flies to shet? Hardly ever heard of retired Chinese, Indians, Koreans, Japanese, Arabs, Africans etc travelling here for the singular purpose of marrying young women from the "World's oldest profession, many having 'maeng da' boyfriends" as you say?

Have you seen caucasian women over 40?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

I find this story absolutely amazing, the same court gave my ex house, car, motorbikes.

I was left with nothing, not even my clothes that were in the house.

Very sorry that you went through alll that mate ????????

• Like 1