"I love Thailand": Sixty year old US man's final words for the country he just left

rooster59

"I love Thailand": Sixty year old US man's final words for the country he just left

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYzOS84MTk1MTE4LzE1OTMxNjc5MTUzOTkuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

Pak Kret police in Nonthaburi north of Bangkok were called to the 13th floor of a 14 story condo on Thursday afternoon after a 60 year old American man was found dead in his room.

Donald was discovered by a security guard who noticed a smell coming from the man’s room.

A spare key was located. Doctors determined the man had been dead for between 2 and 3 days.

They determined there were no outward injuries on the body that was taken away for autopsy at Thammasat Chalerm Prakiat Hospital.

A note apparently written by the deceased spoke of pain and personal troubles and mentioned that he loved Thailand, reported Sanook.

Several bottles of pharmaceutical medication were taken into evidence.

No cause of death has yet been ascertained.

The victim rented the room and lived alone and was last seen on June 21st. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-27

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Obviously it was sarcasm.

If he truly loved Thailand, why would he want to commit suicide and leave his beloved country? ????

A note apparently written by the deceased spoke of pain and personal troubles and mentioned that he loved Thailand, reported Sanook.

Perhaps reading between the lines is a bad idea - pain and personal troubles in his personal life, not specifically related to Thailand.

Knowing nothing about his personal life, or his health we might stab some guesses - knowing there were medicines around means possibly he obtained them to use ending his life, or they were medicines which he had to take to try to control some medical condition which affected his quality of life.

It seems a bit sad, maybe he just didn't have much to look forward to - maybe his family abandoned him. What do you know?

Edited by ben2talk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Wake Up said:

You have never experienced pain that makes you want to jump or overmedicate and pass on. I hope you never do experience this type of pain but there are some illnesses in this world that make life too hard to continue. Rip to the young man and yes 60 is young. 

That is why there are countries like the Netherlands where they are move advanced as Thailand or the USA and have ACTIVE euthanasia instead of passive where they just let you suffer and withhold treatment. (i believe 3 states in the US have active Euthenesia)

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is why there are countries like the Netherlands where they are move advanced as Thailand or the USA and have ACTIVE euthanasia instead of passive where they just let you suffer and withhold treatment. (i believe 3 states in the US have active Euthenesia)

Euthenesia or Elderly in Asia , that is the question 

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Euthenesia or Elderly in Asia , that is the question 

True, depends a bit on your health. I can imagine a large part of Thaivisa posters to get bad fast. Drinking a lot lot of <deleted> food. If I can believe all the posts about alcohol a lot of people drink too much. Same goes for food. So I don't think on average its a healthy group of people.

Some people excluded of course there are those that do take care of their body.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, robblok said:

If your in a lot of pain.. why live on for family. I believe everyone should be able to make his own choice if they want to live or die. I hope one day every country int he world realizes this. 

Once you start down that road, where does it end. When health care becomes gov run they will decide whether or not you are "viable". No, leave things as they are, easy enough to get some pills if that's your plan. Leave the gov out of it.

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Once you start down that road, where does it end. When health care becomes gov run they will decide whether or not you are "viable". No, leave things as they are, easy enough to get some pills if that's your plan. Leave the gov out of it.

We got healthcare run by the government in the Netherlands, nobody decides for you when to die. Its actually not that easy to get permission still. So please stop fear mongering you US types are often all the same. (bit outdated)

I was talking about personal freedoms not someone forcing you to die. That would never happen. But its great you can step out on your own terms if you like that. Unlike the barbaric things that go on in the USA (in all but 3 states) where your forced to live on and spend money on healthcare. When they then give you the right to die they don't help you die but let you suffer till you die. So barbaric. So much for an enlightened nation. 

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

We got healthcare run by the government in the Netherlands, nobody decides for you when to die. Its actually not that easy to get permission still. So please stop fear mongering you US types are often all the same. (bit outdated)

I was talking about personal freedoms not someone forcing you to die. That would never happen. But its great you can step out on your own terms if you like that. Unlike the barbaric things that go on in the USA (in all but 3 states) where your forced to live on and spend money on healthcare. When they then give you the right to die they don't help you die but let you suffer till you die. So barbaric. So much for an enlightened nation. 

If I should ever choose that route it won't be a problem. I don't need a doctor holding my hand. Your country doesn't have 12 mil illegals either. Guaranteed if you had as many freeloaders as the US has the healthcare system would be different. 

Kum Bah Yah America...

Edited by EVENKEEL

These will be my final words too when I leave Thailand either on airplane or by natural causes. 

To be fair the speculation about money is justified. The place he was renting looks like a typical Thai dump. 

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

If I should ever choose that route it won't be a problem. I don't need a doctor holding my hand. Your country doesn't have 12 mil illegals either. Guaranteed if you had as many freeloaders as the US has the healthcare system would be different. 

Kum Bah Yah America...

We got enough freeloaders too every country has them. We got a lot of them because the US wars in the middle east. (so much for Europe not doing their thing).

Its not about a doctor holding your hand it about getting the right drugs for an exit without too much pain. Right now my best options are some sleeping medicine and a charcoal BBQ in a small closed room. 

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

We got enough freeloaders too every country has them. We got a lot of them because the US wars in the middle east. (so much for Europe not doing their thing).

Its not about a doctor holding your hand it about getting the right drugs for an exit without too much pain. Right now my best options are some sleeping medicine and a charcoal BBQ in a small closed room. 

You have about 17,000,000 total population, about the same for only Florida, USA has over 327,000,000. And you want to compare to the US. 

Below copy and paste is how your country handles illegals, something about glass houses comes to mind.

How does the police handle illegals?
Most illegals don't submit their identity. If such a person is arrested, the police try to find out the person's true identity. After that, the illegal foreigner is put into so-called "foreign custody". This means that the person is housed in a special prison, where he or she must wait for return to their own country.

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You have about 17,000,000 total population, about the same for only Florida, USA has over 327,000,000. And you want to compare to the US. 

Below copy and paste is how your country handles illegals, something about glass houses comes to mind.

How does the police handle illegals?
Most illegals don't submit their identity. If such a person is arrested, the police try to find out the person's true identity. After that, the illegal foreigner is put into so-called "foreign custody". This means that the person is housed in a special prison, where he or she must wait for return to their own country.

Of course we don't compare with the US we are more civil and advanced and don't have a known liar to lead us. We don't have cops that shoot and kill civilians all the time. So no we can't compare with the US thankfully. Not saying that all is bad in the USA because that would be a lie too. But lot of <deleted> going on that I am thankful we don't have. 

Illegals should always be send back, real asylum seekers is different. But even that is hard as a lot of them are just economic refugees. But the problem is because the US kept starting wars in the middle east we got a lot more of those because they can travel over land to the EU. 

I don't see a problem with the US sending back illegals or my country doing so. Seems logical why would others else wise go through the trouble of entering legally when the illegals can get in without problems.  

On 6/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, chrisandsu said:

Seems to me that living in Thailand is like some people’s only chance of feeling like a pop star . Problem comes when the adulation stops and they realise they are just another normal guy with with no money . Very sad . Rip 

Did he confide in you about the shortage of cash? If not, yours is an audacious presumption! If I was a moderator.....