CW retirement extension report -- all positive, mainly thanks to on-line appointment

Retirement Visa -

Make the appointment using Google.  Any other browser will not work.

I go back tomorrow with my new out-patient insurance info as well as in-patient insurance.  And YES, i had to show 2 years bank statements as well as 'credit advice" for the year. In total over 45 pages of zerox's. 

WISH me luck tomorrow.

I just tried to book an online appointment but can not.

After the fiasco of trying to do my renewal early and being unable too because the start of the insurance date and the date I went being different I thought online sounds good, I'll book an appointment, 

No good booking early because the insurance wont be valid. My extension runs out on the 12th July and insurance starts 13th July, so Ill book 13th July. 

But you can only book until the day your extension runs out which is the 12th July. 

This insurance lark is wonderful, they are getting £500/600 for nothing and making it harder to do things by the book. 

Thainess. 

11 minutes ago, berybert said:

I just tried to book an online appointment but can not.

After the fiasco of trying to do my renewal early and being unable too because the start of the insurance date and the date I went being different I thought online sounds good, I'll book an appointment, 

No good booking early because the insurance wont be valid. My extension runs out on the 12th July and insurance starts 13th July, so Ill book 13th July. 

But you can only book until the day your extension runs out which is the 12th July. 

This insurance lark is wonderful, they are getting £500/600 for nothing and making it harder to do things by the book. 

Thainess. 

If CW IO insists that your policy must have started already on the day you apply for your 1-year extension, you will have no choice but to ask your insurer to change the start date of your policy (meaning a new HI Certificate issued with that new start date, and an update of your policy data in the TGIA database).

You cannot apply anymore for the 1-year extension after your permission to stay expiry date, so going to CW on 13 July - your present insurance policy start date - is not an option.  You would have to choose an earlier date which is convenient for you to visit CW again, and ensure that the policy has started already on that day or earlier. 

Note: Obviously, most of the bank documents needed will have to be updated again too.

you will have to change the start-date of your health-insurance policy

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

If CW IO insists that your policy must have started already on the day you apply for your 1-year extension, you will have no choice but to ask your insurer to change the start date of your policy (meaning a new HI Certificate issued with that new start date, and an update of your policy data in the TGIA database).

You cannot apply anymore for the 1-year extension after your permission to stay expiry date, so going to CW on 13 July - your present insurance policy start date - is not an option.  You would have to choose an earlier date which is convenient for you to visit CW again, and ensure that the policy has started already on that day or earlier. 

Note: Obviously, most of the bank documents needed will have to be updated again too.

you will have to change the start-date of your health-insurance policy

I was told because the 12 July was a Sunday then I could go on the 13th not a problem, and also because everything is good until July 31st then going on the 13th will be no problem. 

Do I believe them ? No.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, berybert said:

I was told because the 12 July was a Sunday then I could go on the 13th not a problem, and also because everything is good until July 31st then going on the 13th will be no problem. 

Do I believe them ? No.

Ah that changes things.  So going on the 13th of July would not be  problem.

Only way to find out is actually doing it then on that date.

But of course you would need to have all your bank-documents updated for that 13 July visit.

Just now, Peter Denis said:

Ah that changes things.  So going on the 13th of July would not be  problem.

Only way to find out is actually doing it then on that date.

But of course you would need to have all your bank-documents updated for that 13 July visit.

Taking a chance on an IO's words doesn't feel me with confidence I'm afraid. 

But they might not accept the insurance if it doesn't run for the full year.

Rock and a hard place comes to mind.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Makoshark said:

Retirement Visa -

Make the appointment using Google.  Any other browser will not work.

I go back tomorrow with my new out-patient insurance info as well as in-patient insurance.  And YES, i had to show 2 years bank statements as well as 'credit advice" for the year. In total over 45 pages of zerox's. 

WISH me luck tomorrow.

Please let us know how you get on. And have you had to change your extension date to fit in with your insurance ?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

You cannot apply anymore for the 1-year extension after your permission to stay expiry date,

New subject, but does this apply if I was bedridden at renewal time and, with a doctor's excuse, applied a month late?