How to keep yourself updated about what happens after July 31st

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

https://twitter.com/richardbarrow

He answers almost all (unasked) questions fast and accurate. I don't know any better reliable source.

I don't regularly read Twitter but what I remember from reading linked tweets of Richard Barrow on this forum he rarely, if ever, has given a link to a text-searchable PDF file of a government to which he refers in a tweet.

9 hours ago, OJAS said:

they might well have no option (particularly if they didn't fulfil the various criteria for annual extensions) other than to make one-way trips back to their home countries and face the music there

This could be seen as a risky tactic for Thailand.  If someone goes home and has to deal with a load of hassle, they may reevaluate their decision to work/study/live in Thailand and shop around a little in the meantime.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

This could be seen as a risky tactic for Thailand.  If someone goes home and has to deal with a load of hassle, they may reevaluate their decision to work/study/live in Thailand and shop around a little in the meantime.

Maybe true in the case of those with no family ties in Thailand. But those who did have such ties might still feel obligated to go through the bureaucratic rigmarole. That said, they could always investigate what hoops would need to be jumped through in order for their Thai families to be relocated to their home countries - in which case it might all boil down to a question of the lesser of 2 evils for them.

Edited by OJAS

• 3 weeks later...

Called to a friend of mine at Thai Customs and Immigration... She said that she THINKS it will be extended, that Thai Immigration has made a recommendation to the government that it be extended... but there is no response or order yet... so need to wait and see either next week or the week after (22nd or the 29th).

She also said that if on a non-o visa, and have not had any other extension currently, that coming to immigration before the 31st and can get a 60 day extension... but to wait to see what the government will do first, that there will be an announcement before the 31st one way or the other. So not to worry... just the waiting game

• Like 2

Will they even need a new resolution by the full cabinet once again just to extend the amnesty? Since it has already been decided in principle pending the situation returning to normal (whatever that means!), I would imagine that a new ministerial regulation could be issued by the Minister of the Interior, countersigned by the PM as before. I might be wrong though, I'm not sure if the whole cabinet was involved when the amnesty was extended the first time.

• Like 1

Today is the day when they are supposed to decide about it.

Last week the summary was online by 4pm, so it should be only a matter of a few hours until we know more.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

It's now online, looks like everybody extended until 26th September and no 90 day reports required until then:

5. เรื่อง เสนอร่างประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ (ฉบับที่ ..)

คณะรัฐมนตรีมีมติเห็นชอบตามที่สำนักงานตำรวจแห่งชาติเสนอ ดังนี้
                   1. ให้สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองออกประกาศ กำหนดระยะเวลาให้คนต่างด้าวมาดำเนินการตามพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 รวมทั้งกฎหมายอื่นที่เกี่ยวข้องให้เสร็จสิ้นภายในวันที่ 26 กันยายน 2563  
                   2. ให้ขยายระยะเวลาอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักร ตามมาตรา 35 แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 (รวมทั้งภายใต้พระราชบัญญัติปิโตรเลียม พ.ศ. 2514 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติมพระราชบัญญัติส่งเสริมการลงทุน พ.ศ. 2520 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติม และพระราชบัญญัติการนิคมอุตสาหกรรมแห่งประเทศไทย พ.ศ. 2522 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติม) หรือตามประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทยที่เกี่ยวข้อง ตามข้อ 2 (1) แห่งประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ ลงวันที่ 7 เมษายน 2563 ซึ่งแก้ไขเพิ่มเติมโดยประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ (ฉบับที่ 2) ลงวันที่ 23 เมษายน 2563 ไปพลางก่อน ตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 สิงหาคม 2563 ถึงวันที่ 26 กันยายน 2563
                   3. ให้ขยายระยะเวลาการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยตามมาตรา 37 (5) แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 หรือตามประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทยที่เกี่ยวข้อง ตามข้อ 2 (2) แห่งประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ ลงวันที่ 7 เมษายน 2563 ซึ่งแก้ไขเพิ่มเติมโดยประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ (ฉบับที่ 2) ลงวันที่ 23 เมษายน 2563 ตั้งแต่วันที่ 1 สิงหาคม 2563 ถึงวันที่ 26 กันยายน 2563
                   ทั้งนี้ สตช. เสนอว่า
                   ตามประกาศกระทรวงมหาดไทย เรื่อง การอนุญาตให้คนต่างด้าวบางจำพวกอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นกรณีพิเศษ ลงวันที่ 7 เมษายน 2563 และที่แก้ไขเพิ่มเติม กำหนดให้คนต่างด้าวซึ่งได้รับอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวตามประเภทการตรวจลงตรา (รวมทั้งการตรวจลงตรา Visa on Arrival) และคนต่างด้าวซึ่งได้รับอนุญาตให้เข้ามาอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวตามสิทธิการยกเว้นการตรวจลงตรา (ผ.30/ผผ.14/ผผ.30/ผผ.90) ซึ่งกำหนดระยะเวลาอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักรจะสิ้นสุดลงตั้งแต่วันที่ 26 มีนาคม 2563 ได้รับการขยายระยะเวลาอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรไปพลางก่อนตั้งแต่วันที่ 26 มีนาคม 2563 ถึงวันที่ 31 กรกฎาคม 2563 ไม่ต้องมาดำเนินการยื่นคำขออนุญาตอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวต่อไป ตามมาตรา 35 แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 รวมทั้งการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยตามมาตรา 37 แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 ในช่วงระยะเวลาดังกล่าว เนื่องจากปัจจุบันสถานการณ์การแพร่ระบาดของโรคติดเชื้อไวรัสโคโรนา 2019 หรือโรคโควิด 19 ในประเทศไทยมีแนวโน้มที่ดีขึ้นอย่างต่อเนื่อง ประกอบกับรัฐบาลได้ผ่อนคลายมาตรการต่าง ๆ ด้วยการให้กิจการและกิจกรรมต่าง ๆ สามารถดำเนินการได้มากขึ้น จึงเห็นควรให้คนต่างด้าวดังกล่าวซึ่งการอนุญาตให้อยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวจะสิ้นสุดลงในวันที่ 31 กรกฎาคม 2563 มาดำเนินการตามมาตรา 35 และมาตรา 37 (5) แห่งพระราชบัญญัติคนเข้าเมือง พ.ศ. 2522 รวมทั้งกฎหมายอื่นที่เกี่ยวข้องภายในระยะเวลาที่สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองกำหนด

https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/33560

(This is a summary of what they decided, the full version which should be published tomorrow in the Royal Gazette might include further details)

I guess later today or tomorrow somebody will provide a translation.

Tomorrow this should be published in the Royal Gazette which makes it legally binding, and tomorrow or Thursday we should see an announcement by immigration police.

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I guess later today or tomorrow somebody will provide a translation.

Tomorrow this should be published in the Royal Gazette which makes it legally binding, and tomorrow or Thursday we should see an announcement by immigration police.

It the same as the last extension done on April 23rd that extended the ministerial notice approved on April 7th. Just a extension of a extension.

No changes that I can see.

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It the same as the last extension done on April 23rd that extended the ministerial notice approved on April 7th. Just a extension of a extension.

No changes that I can see.

Yes, i think so as well.

But the last part is interesting, following "ทั้งนี้ สตช. เสนอว่า" (which if you translate the whole page is translated into "Prime Minister proposed", but actually this means "Royal Thai Police proposed/suggested").

I'm not 100% certain if i understand this right, but i get the impression that they say due to an improved Covid situation the previous extension until 31st July would be sufficient in the eyes of the RTP.

To me it looks like the RTP drafted the extension until 26th September, but concurrently suggested that this extension is not necessary.

The Cabinet didn't share RTP's opinion, and decided that they want the extension.

Announcement to follow in a few days: Muang Thong Thani immigration office in Bangkok and Promenada Mall immigraiton office in Chiang Mai closed again.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But the last part is interesting, following "ทั้งนี้ สตช. เสนอว่า" (which if you translate the whole page is translated into "Prime Minister proposed", but actually this means "Royal Thai Police proposed/suggested").

I'm not 100% certain if i understand this right, but i get the impression that they say due to an improved Covid situation the previous extension until 31st July would be sufficient in the eyes of the RTP.

To me it looks like the RTP drafted the extension until 26th September, but concurrently suggested that this extension is not necessary.

Not sure the translation is exactly correct in part of it.

It says this at the beginning of it.

"5. Subject: Draft notification of the Ministry of Interior regarding granting certain aliens to stay in the Kingdom in special cases (issue ..) 
                   The Cabinet has approved as proposed by the Royal Thai Police as follows: 
                   1. The Immigration Bureau will issue an announcement Specify the period of time for foreigners to proceed according to the Immigration Act 2522 as well as other related laws by September 26, 2020."

It certainly is extended to September 26th. Lets see what the order actually states when it is published.

21 minutes ago, jackdd said:

get the impression that they say due to an improved Covid situation the previous extension until 31st July would be sufficient in the eyes of the RTP.

Nothing has changed, no borders have opened, no countries are issuing VISAs, most international flights are still canceled.

By the time the situation improves, there may no longer be any international airlines still in business.

Edited by BritManToo

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, jackdd said:

A bump for this thread for the people who want to know if the Cabinet announces anything today.

It's not online yet, but in a few hours today's Cabinet summary should be uploaded on the page to which i linked to the OP.

I think it's unlikely that they announce anything regarding the "amnesty" today, if they should announce something it will most likely be on 15th or 22nd September.

Today's cabinet meeting notes are published.  I see nothing at all regarding "amnesty", visas, etc.

I don't see anything about an extension in today's summary, so next Tuesday is the last chance. If somebody is speculating on it, but it should turn out that they don't extend it, this person will be left with 4 days to leave Thailand (potentially a few days more if applying for some extension, getting denied, and being granted 7 days to leave the Kingdom).

They decided to introduce the new Special Tourist VISA (STV), which is point 20 in the summary: https://www.thaigov.go.th/news/contents/details/35110

This will not help you if you are in Thailand already.

It is being discussed in this topic:

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I don't see anything about an amnesty extension.

Same for me.

Waiting now to see immigration comes out with some new extensions that people can apply for. Something is needed for that those that cannot get embassy letters.

• Like 1