Thai authorities mull visa amnesty rules after July 31

rooster59

Thai authorities mull visa amnesty rules after July 31

By Barry Kenyon

Thai-authorities-mull-visa-amnesty-rules-after-July-31.jpg

Discussions have begun in several government departments about the future for foreigners who took advantage of the visa amnesty which ends in just over a month’s time.

Holders of all temporary visas and border passes expiring from March 26 onwards – but not including those renewing one year extensions of stay such as retirees and some work permit holders – have approval to remain in the kingdom until July 31 without visiting an immigration bureau or filling in any forms. Publicly, Thai authorities are tight-lipped about what may happen afterwards.

Full story: https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/thai-authorities-mull-visa-amnesty-rules-after-july-31-305553

screenshot_10211.jpg

-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2020-06-27 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Many people who wanted go back to their countries could go they cannot say they couldnt i was just watching yesterday in Germany people started receiving bills from government which helped them return to Germany, from Asia it was 600-700 euro and from NZ and Australia 1000 euro...while people who want visit their families they cannot come others abusing system and after when there will be only one extension of 30 days from 31 st july people will start to rush on airports home. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Nope, I just changed from marriage to retirment and was told from immigration that it is not necessary until 31st July. First hand information, no bubbles from Pattaya newspaper.

True of the 90 day report, but the extension itself is not covered.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, timendres said:

True of the 90 day report, but the extension itself is not covered.

Extensions of stay are covered. This is direct information out of the mouth of Chiang Mai immigration.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You are covered until the end of the amnesty, but if you haven't renewed your Extension when it expires, you will need to leave Thailand once the amnesty ends.  

Again, that is not what CM immigration said. They very clearly and unmistakenly explained to me that I could RENEW my extension before 31st July. 

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

They spend money in Thailand. If Thailand kicks them out the money is spent somewhere else, because they are not able to come back.

If Thailand kicks me out next month my landlord will have a hard time to find a new tenant and might run into serious financial trouble within the next few months, i'm sure he would be grateful for it.

The amnesty applies to all foreigners, so currently nobody has to jump through any hoops.

Does it make you feel bad when other people get treated the same as you, because in your opinion, you deserve to get a better treatment?

There is nothing to interpret in what I said. Simply stating facts, there are enough flights out so that everybod can leave in time without risking overstay.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

I have to go to immigration soon, how much money should I be prepared to take for missing the 90-day?

Nothing, Extension of stay cost 1900B, multiple Re-Entry 3800B which you probably wont need anytime soon ????

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

I have to go to immigration soon, how much money should I be prepared to take for missing the 90-day?

2000 baht in Hua Hin.  I think same same everywhere. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thequietman said:

I think that you will find it doesn't.  If you have a marriage or retirement extension, you need to renew when it is due. ????

Oh, really? Are you sure? As I´ve understood it, you are still covered by the visa amnesty. The only thing is that you will probably not be able to extend it one year at the end of the amnesty, which means you will have to start all over again with a new Non-O.

Sure, you might be right. That´s just how I´ve read it. ????