Jump to content
BANGKOK
chris_samui

income affidavit retirement extension

Recommended Posts

Does anyone knows if "Income Affidavits" from the Embassy (Belgium) are still accepted at CW immigration Bangkok.

Any recent experiences?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be accepted by immigration.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

Indeed and this is because Immigration cannot read the Dutch, French and German small print on the legalisation that the Embassy only confirms the signature and not the content of the affidavit

BS, The Dutch affidavit (and from others) is a income certification which has to be proven and checked before being issued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, merijn said:

BS, The Dutch affidavit (and from others) is a income certification which has to be proven and checked before being issued.

Seems to depend on the Embassy.

At the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok, the applicant for the Income Statement simply has to fill in the Embassy Affidavit form stating his annual and monthly income, and then sign it with the Embassy staff witnessing him signing.  No need to show any proof of that income (confirmed by someone who did this 3 weeks ago), as it is a statement on 'honor' and the Embassy stamp and signature only confirms that it was indeed you that signed the statement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, chris_samui said:

Does anyone knows if "Income Affidavits" from the Embassy (Belgium) are still accepted at CW immigration Bangkok.

Any recent experiences?

TVF member and Belgian citizen @AlfHuy did get the income affidavit at the Belgian Embassy in Bangkok 3-4 weeks ago, and successfully used that Affidavit to apply at CW for the 1-year extension based on his Non Imm O-A Visa for reason of retirement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fvw53 said:

Indeed and this is because Immigration cannot read the Dutch, French and German small print on the legalisation that the Embassy only confirms the signature and not the content of the affidavit

Immigration knows full well that the Affidavit issued by some Embassies only confirms the signature.  That being also the reason that the Immigration Officer handling your application for the Non Imm O Visa or 1-year extension of stay based on that Visa, has the discretionary power to ask for evidence of the SOURCE of the foreign income as stated on that Affidavit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fvw53 said:

Indeed and this is because Immigration cannot read the Dutch, French and German small print on the legalisation that the Embassy only confirms the signature and not the content of the affidavit

Statements issued by the Belgium embassy are made in one the national languages (usually not all 3) with a translation in English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Statements issued by the Belgium embassy are made in one the national languages (usually not all 3) with a translation in English.

Attached a copy of the Affidavit form to be filled in by the applicant.

It has to be signed in the presence of the Embassy staff and no need to provide any evidence of the monthly income you declare, as it is a statement on honor.

 

 

Affidavit Pension_en.doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, chris_samui said:

Thanks Joe for quick reply

Isn't it an income letter you get from your embassy/consulate based on your official pension/income?

An affidavit is not same as an income letter which is based on an actual income certified by your pension provider, while an affidavit is more of a sworn statement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Attached a copy of the Affidavit form to be filled in by the applicant.

It has to be signed in the presence of the Embassy staff and no need to provide any evidence of the monthly income you declare, as it is a statement on honor.

 

 

Affidavit Pension_en.doc 26 kB · 0 downloads

That's just a bogus statement and the reason for the non-existing affidavits from the US,UK and Australian embassies/consulates. Even the "income letter" from the Canadian embassy has being questioned because it doesn't show the source of the money. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Total nonsense

Yes, for German pension there is no affidavit but a confirmation based on documents.

German embassy even requires to see original pension document for first issue.

After that copies accepted.

German consul in Pattaya also requires proof.

That it is sometimes handled by the assistant somewhat careless is a different story.

 

If interested: list of requirements of German embassy (German language) by PM.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

That's just a bogus statement and the reason for the non-existing affidavits from the US,UK and Australian embassies/consulates. Even the "income letter" from the Canadian embassy has being questioned because it doesn't show the source of the money. 

The Belgian national who used that 'bogus statement' got his 1-year extension of stay approved at CW with no questions asked about source of income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...