My ED-Visa After 31-July

My ED-Visa expired on the end of April , due to amnesty and my country's border being closed i remained in thailand , i wanted to join the same university for another program but they told me i need to leave the country and apply for another visa , i was wondering why i cant extend the same education visa that i had  , instead of going out and applying for another visa specially under the current conditions. somebody told me if the land-borders are open i could go to the thai embassy in Malaysia apply for a visa there return to thailand and quarantine for 14 days , which is time and money wastingjust to get a visa.

"Somebody" doesn't know the situation at the moment. Malaysia border is closed and also if you fly out, you have to apply permission to come back which is not yet for ED visa. I'm wondering what is the country that doesn't allow citizen to fly in. There are flights out from Thailand every day.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I spoke to a school yesterday about getting a one year ED visa and the school informed me that I could apply for the ED Visa at the local immigration office for 11 000 Baht , without needing to leave Thailand

What school was this? I know there are agents offering these "services". I'm sure the 11,000 baht isn't an official immigration fee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

What school was this? I know there are agents offering these "services". I'm sure the 11,000 baht isn't an official immigration fee.

It is in CM, PM me if you want the address .

As far as I was aware , the visa was direct from immigration legitimately , as they realize people cannot leave the Country to get Ed visas

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

As far as I was aware , the visa was direct from immigration legitimately , as they realize people cannot leave the Country to get Ed visas

So where is the 11,000 baht fee published? You won't find it on any official website or an official announcement. It's a bribe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

Its a private Thai language school , I am quite sure I was told that I would have to go to immigration myself and only whilst we are in the emergency amnesty and therefore it would be a legitimate payment , but I can go back and ask tomorrow for clarification if you need info

You seem very naive. You obviously haven't been here long. I hope you're not expecting a receipt.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Ha ha , there you go .

CM University offering 1 year Education visas with out leaving Thailand during the Visa amnesty ending on July 31 st 

How do you feel now ?

http://www.learnthaicmu.com/

Again very naive. You have always been able to get an education visa without leaving the country if you are studying at a university. No need for an 11,000 baht "fee". You were talking about a private school which is something completely different.

But go ahead and pay the bribe while convincing yourself it's a legitimate fee if that makes you feel better.

Edited by edwardandtubs

13 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Again very naive. You have always been able to get an education visa without leaving the country if you are studying at a university. No need for an 11,000 baht "fee". You were talking about a private school which is something completely different.

But go ahead and pay the bribe while convincing yourself it's a legitimate fee if that makes you feel better.

They are legitimate - take it from someone who has had one - and yes if is for attending a private school not a Uni

Fully processed by Immigration - 90 day extensions also fully processed by Immigration

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

They are legitimate - take it from someone who has had one - and yes if is for attending a private school not a Uni

Fully processed by Immigration - 90 day extensions also fully processed by Immigration

I don't doubt it but the 11,000 baht is still a bribe not an official fee. I guarantee they won't be issuing a receipt confirming payment of 11,000 baht.

54 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I don't doubt it but the 11,000 baht is still a bribe not an official fee. I guarantee they won't be issuing a receipt confirming payment of 11,000 baht.

54 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Does it matter ?? He has a valid 1 year visa for 11.000 baht . Beats flying or driving out of the country 3 times a year for tourist visa with all it's costs as well . If he is happy with it what are you complaining about ? Especially now the borders are closed it's a good option for some people so let them be + it's a source of income for some people providing it . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Does it matter ?? He has a valid 1 year visa for 11.000 baht . Beats flying or driving out of the country 3 times a year for tourist visa with all it's costs as well . If he is happy with it what are you complaining about ? Especially now the borders are closed it's a good option for some people so let them be + it's a source of income for some people providing it . 

Plus it's cheaper than a visa run to a neighboring country. Driving to a neighboring country, spending a few days there, plus the visa cost is always well in excess of that amount, though I personally don't mind the trip, but it can be a nuisance for many.

I don't understand why farang get so emotional about "unofficial" fees. It's the way it is in this part of the world. I view it as a "facilitation fee", and given the current circumstances, I'd rather pay it and get a legitimate extension so I don't have to worry anymore, then bitching or complaining.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Plus it's cheaper than a visa run to a neighboring country. Driving to a neighboring country, spending a few days there, plus the visa cost is always well in excess of that amount, though I personally don't mind the trip, but it can be a nuisance for many.

I don't understand why farang get so emotional about "unofficial" fees. It's the way it is in this part of the world. I view it as a "facilitation fee", and given the current circumstances, I'd rather pay it and get a legitimate extension so I don't have to worry anymore, then bitching or complaining.

The corruption is a trashy (other word in mind) system which is an ugly tumor on the backside of Thailand.  We get emotional, because it forces otherwise good and honest people to engage with an underworld, run by (explitives) who hide a scam in plain-sight behind officialdom.

That said, in some cases, wading into the mire may be better than, for example, having immigration rip your family apart, for refusing to pay agent-fees, which are 10K extra vs retirement, since they have your Thai family to use as leverage against you. 

Remember the big "ED Visa Crackdown," a few years back?  One thing changed - the annual agent-fee cost went up.  Then came the retirement-money "new rules," which pushed more honest-applicants to agents.  Then the new insurance-requirement for Non-OA entrants, which adds an extra 10K (per reports) agent-fee.  These changes always follow the same pattern.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

As long as you get a official Immigration stamp in your Passport and they are official stamps what does it matter if you get a receipt or not??? Who cares about getting a receipt?

Doing it this way means no long trips out of the country and actually works out cheaper than if you did have to leave to get the visa

13 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

It's not an official "legal" fee. You pay straight to immigration without the middleman, the agent. You seem like a rookie. 

10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It's not an official "legal" fee. You pay straight to immigration without the middleman, the agent. You seem like a rookie. 

If you pay the stated fee for an official visa , that is how much they cost , thats the official fee

4 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Again very naive. You have always been able to get an education visa without leaving the country if you are studying at a university.

I am going out on a limb and saying that's incorrect .

All Ed visas needed to be obtained from abroad , whether it be attended private school or Uni

The only difference was the Uni Ed visas were for 12 months and private school ed visas were for 90 days which were extendable

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I am going out on a limb and saying that's incorrect .

All Ed visas needed to be obtained from abroad , whether it be attended private school or Uni

The only difference was the Uni Ed visas were for 12 months and private school ed visas were for 90 days which were extendable

I have no idea about the Uni visas but I can guarantee you that you CAN get a visa for a private school from within Thailand

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong

A non immigrant visa (category ED) can be applied for at immigration if the school can qualify for it.

Proof is here. http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/03.pdf

Fair enough, but in the institute that I was referring too , the Chaing mai university is only offering the  visa from within Thailand whilst the Visa amnesty applies (untill 31 st July) and I do believe that CMU required people to get their Ed visas from abroad (as I have previously made personal enquires there) before the visa amnesty 

48 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Wrong

A non immigrant visa (category ED) can be applied for at immigration if the school can qualify for it.

Proof is here. http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/03.pdf

Ok given that my visa expired on the end of april ....and all this period iwas on visa amnesty am i still eligible to apply for an extension ... meaning that i have to apply max by 15th of july??

30 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Fair enough, but in the institute that I was referring too , the Chaing mai university is only offering the  visa from within Thailand whilst the Visa amnesty applies (untill 31 st July) and I do believe that CMU required people to get their Ed visas from abroad (as I have previously made personal enquires there) before the visa amnesty 

Some people just can't be told

The visa within Thailand was on offer well before the Covid situation - I got one last year and in fact I was offered it at least 8 years ago - possibly 9 years ago

As Ubonjoe says it depends on the schools qualifications - some will be able to offer the visa within Thailand and some won't - it depends on their qualifications

6 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Some people just can't be told

The visa within Thailand was on offer well before the Covid situation - I got one last year and in fact I was offered it at least 8 years ago - possibly 9 years ago

As Ubonjoe says it depends on the schools qualifications - some will be able to offer the visa within Thailand and some won't - it depends on their qualifications

I did enquire about an Ed visa at said institution in question a few years ago, and at that stated intuition, I was required to obtain the Ed visa from abroad , whether other intuitions offer ed visas from within Thailand is besides the point