Thailand reports no new domestic COVID-19 cases for 33 consecutive days

rooster59

Thailand reports no new domestic COVID-19 cases for 33 consecutive days

By THE NATION

800_7efb283c0208172.jpg

There was no new case of Covid-19 over a 24-hour period, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported on Saturday (June 27).

Thailand has had 33 consecutive days without a domestic case.

Total cases in Thailand since the outbreak are 3,162 -- 3,053 patients have recovered and been discharged, 51 patients are undergoing treatment in hospitals, while 58 have died.

As of 10am on Saturday, more than 9.9 million patients were found around the world. Of the total, over 57,000 had severe symptoms, over 5.3 million have been cured and discharged, and more than 496,000 have died.

The three countries with the highest number of cases were the US (2.5 million cases), Brazil (1.2 million) and Russia (620,000).

Thailand is 95th among countries with the most number of cases.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30390410

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-28

• Like 1

The hypocrisy in this so called government is beyond belief.  Remember Prayuth is an army general and used to having everyone bow down to his beck n call. He is not used to people questioning him.  This is just his personal power trip and he is trying to hold on.

The current emergency order has nothing to do with the virus, it is all about power.  How many days without a positive case being reported do we have to go through this nonsense decree?  When they reach that magical number one new case will be announced so they can start the cycle again.

• Like 1

I've given up wearing a mask and I wash my hands when they are dirty.

I had a shower earlier today so I should be good for 4 days or more.

Social distancing is a lot easier when you stink, have BO and don't clean your teeth for two days.

• Haha 1

Worldometers.info says they had 4 new infections 2 days ago, and the day before that they had +17, of I remember correctly! Unfortunately the list only goes back to 2 days before the current one. I’m pretty sure, though, that they had a few cases each day over the past 33 days.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

Worldometers.info says they had 4 new infections 2 days ago, and the day before that they had +17, of I remember correctly! Unfortunately the list only goes back to 2 days before the current one. I’m pretty sure, though, that they had a few cases each day over the past 33 days.

no new domestic cases.

the  ones on worldmeter are repatriated Thai's coming home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

How do you know?

This is what has been reported in the last month in the news. Under the emergency decree, Thais are not allowed to get infected from Covid 19 while inside Thailand. Those who are currently infected and in quarantine had to do so before entering the country. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I've given up wearing a mask and I wash my hands when they are dirty.

i only wear the mask to get into places i need to go. the whole mask wearing bit is stupid now. 

with the borders closed there is no justification anyone can give now as to why we are still wearing masks. 

Edited by mr mr
sp

5 minutes ago, mr mr said:

i only wear the mask to get into places i need to go. the whole mask wearing bit is stupid now. 

with the borders closed there is no justification anyone can give now as to why we are still wearing masks. 

I like the mask in the meantime. The people say I look much more handsome with it

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Oldie said:

I like the mask in the meantime. The people say I look much more handsome with it

*sigh* where is your confidence....you were always a handsome man. sexy man. where you go. 

• Thanks 1