UK ready to quit EU on 'Australia terms' if no Brexit deal, Johnson says

rooster59

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"He (Johnson) said the UK would negotiate constructively but equally would be ready to leave the transition period on Australia terms if agreement could not be reached," Johnson's Downing Street office said in a statement.

and who is he to impose such agreement,  since when is the UK like Australia??? don't mix apples and oranges, this it not a one size fits all deal, each country is dealt separately/individually

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

UK asked to leave, by doing so, it lost all and any bargaining power, the UK should just pack and leave and on their way out stop the mongering

Aaaaaah, the words of a non-Brit perhaps......????........

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, johnpetersen said:

Compare the number of Britons dead by the hands of Islamist terrorists to the number of dead due to Boris Johnson's incompetence.

The number of dead is insignificant compared to the culture of fear and petty crime prevalent in the UK.

Old people die, that's how life works, but living a life not being able to protect your property, belongings and loved ones is inexcusable.

When I go to the shops here, I leave my doors and windows open, my shopping hanging off the m/c handlebars, and nothing is ever taken despite it being a poor 3rd world country, haven't managed that in the supposedly civilised UK for the past 50 years.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Aaaaaah, the words of a non-Brit perhaps......????........

yep.... just tired of their constant bickering/mongering/complaining whatsoever.... this is like when a couple divorces, the one asking to leave has no right to impose anything

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, paddypower said:

Agree. If it wasn't for the weather... every time I revist Ireland, I can't resist going to Lidl to buy a crate of wine. I save so much, compared to buying wine in Thailand - that it pays for the trip. Of course I'm <deleted> all the time.  ????

Thanks to the monitor and appologies for the bad word. My Dad was a lumberjack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

...... and yet my wife got almost everything.

did you told her to leave or did she decided to leave by herself....regardless, did she imposed it on you or did you willingly give it to her